Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lions off to fast start

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/12/lions-off-to-fast-start/

    The Lions starting group put together a seven-play, 67-yard touchdown drive in under four minutes, capped by a terrific back shoulder 26-yard scoring grab by Johnson. Megatron had an 11-yard grab earlier in the drive.

    The Bengals then fumbled the ensuing kickoff, and Matthew Stafford hit Nate Burleson on a fourth down play from the seven-yard line to make the score 14-0.

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    DETROIT - Matthew Stafford threw touchdown passes on his two drives and the Detroit Lions went on to beat the Cincinnati Bengals 34-3 Friday night.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44128302/ns/sports-nfl/

  3. #3
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    Damn Suh is trying to injure people... in preseason!
    I'm telling you, the refs are going to keep a closer eye on Suh this year.

  4. #4
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    Yep.

    He is one tough SOB. It's guys like that who really drive home the importance of having a top notch OL to protect the skill players.

  5. #5
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    It would be wise not to underestimate the Lions. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if these guys dominate our division this year......


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1104246
    Damn Suh is trying to injure people... in preseason!
    I'm telling you, the refs are going to keep a closer eye on Suh this year.
    Agreed. He is quickly becoming known as a dirty player. It is one thing to play hard. It is another to play dirty - and it will end up costing him and the lions in terms of penalties.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    I'm so pissed that Suh is in our division. Being a husker fan, I got to watch him dominate here for awhile, and it's sad that he's in our division, playing against MY team. Douche. Anyways, he's legit and will be the leader of the Lions resurgence. Well, they never really surged. He will lead their surgence.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  8. #8
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    Quote Originally Posted by "Freya" #1104274
    It would be wise not to underestimate the Lions. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if these guys dominate our division this year......
    Wow! This is one of the worst statements I've heard all week. Sorry, not trying to be rude.

    ... BUT you are aware of the fact that the Lions are in the same division as the team that just won the Super Bowl, right? AND they were not even the team who won the division. (hint: it was NOT the Lions.)

    I could be wrong of course, anything is possible, but saying you "wouldn't be even a little bit surprised" if the Lions "dominate our division this year" is ridiculous. You're seriously saying you can see this coming?????

    Call me a donut and throw me in the river!

  9. #9
    delviking's Avatar
    delviking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    cumming GA
    Posts
    233

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    it all comes down to Stafford hes had the same injury every year hes been in the league has looked good to great every year till the injury.

    But if he keeps being a Glass Doll out there the lions wont go far.

    i still like the fact that our Division is getting good again, Good divisions breed great teams.

  10. #10
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Lions off to fast start

    Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1104293
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freya" #1104274
    It would be wise not to underestimate the Lions. I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if these guys dominate our division this year......
    Wow! This is one of the worst statements I've heard all week. Sorry, not trying to be rude.

    ... BUT you are aware of the fact that the Lions are in the same division as the team that just won the Super Bowl, right? AND they were not even the team who won the division. (hint: it was NOT the Lions.)

    I could be wrong of course, anything is possible, but saying you "wouldn't be even a little bit surprised" if the Lions "dominate our division this year" is ridiculous. You're seriously saying you can see this coming?????

    Call me a donut and throw me in the river!
    Seriously.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 09:32 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 09:55 AM
  3. A start worth repeating - Johnson to start against Jets
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
  4. Lions | M. Williams to be given fresh start
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM
  5. Lions start 0-5?????
    By vikesfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 01:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •