Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 157 of 157
  1. #151
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #152
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    Wow! Did we lose the game or something?
    I thought we won!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  3. #153
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,468

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.
    ;D
    [/quote]

    I think you misunderstood Marrdro... I was standing up for T-Jack and his "accuracy issues" when I got attacked for saying I don't understand the west-coast offense. He started pulling up Cullpepper's comp % (which was during the Carter and Moss years... not to mention not a West Coast offense) and then he compared T-Jack's comp % to Joe Montana.

    Trust me, I though T-Jack played great, I'm just saying that deep passes aren't in the "definition" of a West Coast offense.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #154
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=37629.msg635633#msg635633 date=1189635518]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    I think you misunderstood Marrdro... I was standing up for T-Jack and his "accuracy issues" when I got attacked for saying I don't understand the west-coast offense. He started pulling up Cullpepper's comp % (which was during the Carter and Moss years... not to mention not a West Coast offense) and then he compared T-Jack's comp % to Joe Montana.

    Trust me, I though T-Jack played great, I'm just saying that deep passes aren't in the "definition" of a West Coast offense.
    [/quote]
    Sorry my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #155
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    No, they don't like it because it didn't work.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  6. #156
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=37629.msg635633#msg635633 date=1189635518]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    No, they don't like it because it didn't work.
    [/quote]
    Seems to work for the other teams running it.
    Patience my friend.
    It will work for us as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #157
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635636#msg635636 date=1189635742]
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=37629.msg635633#msg635633 date=1189635518]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.






    He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

    Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

    It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

    Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

    You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

    And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

    And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

    That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    No, they don't like it because it didn't work.
    [/quote]
    Seems to work for the other teams running it.
    Patience my friend.
    It will work for us as well.
    [/quote]

    When it works, they will like it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Similar Threads

  1. Childress: A scare, then relief
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM
  2. Keith Richards Could Scare Horses
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. John Travolta in jet scare
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 03:41 PM
  4. Vikings new era should scare fantasy owners
    By ultravikingfan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
  5. Oakland TERROR scare!!!
    By so-cal vike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 07:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •