Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

"C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=37629.msg635620#msg635620 date=1189633952]
    [quote author=Braddock link=topic=37629.msg635610#msg635610 date=1189633410]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.

He's had one game.... (ok, 3)
    One meaningful game.
    But his accuracy issues were apparent in pre-season as well as the first game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    50% is not good enough. He should be around 65 in this offense.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

Oh, by the way. Daunte Culpepper in his tenure with the VIkings 64.35%
    [/quote]

You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    Who ever said they weren't a part of the WCO?
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Wow! Did we lose the game or something?
    I thought we won!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635627#msg635627 date=1189634754]
    but TJack still has the occasional struggle with accuracy - on both short and long passes.

One meaningful game.
    He'll get better with more experience to be sure, but he won't be better by Sunday.
    He had over a 50% completion rating and had a better QB rating than some guys you may have heard of: McNair, Farve, McNabb, Rivers, Bulger, Brees, Young... So I fail to see your point.
    It was 56.5 actually, which is pretty good. Manning's was only 60%, 3.5% better than T-Jacks.

Again, I fail to see you're point. Anyone have any numbers to back up their arguments or just vague comments?
    How is that a vague argument? We run a west coast style offense. Montana had a career % of 63.5.
    Chad Pennington 65.3

It shouldn't be considered a "vague comment" just because you don't know the style of offense we run. There's no excuse to be below 60-65 in this system.

[/quote]

You mean the Daunte Culpepper who was throwing to Cris Carter and Randy Moss? Oh.... right.

And I'm pretty sure I do understand the type of offense... he completed passes to 9 different recievers and missed a couple deep balls (which "deep passes" aren't really in West Coast style... but I guess I don't understand that style...lol).

And if you are going to compare his completion % to Joe Montana... well this conversation is just done.
    ??? :
    [/quote]
    They are, however, they just aren't as prevelant as they are in say the "Randy Ratio" offense.

That my friends is why some fans don't like the WCO, cause we aren't chucking it deep every play.
    ;D
    [/quote]

I think you misunderstood Marrdro... I was standing up for T-Jack and his "accuracy issues" when I got attacked for saying I don't understand the west-coast offense. He started pulling up Cullpepper's comp % (which was during the Carter and Moss years... not to mention not a West Coast offense) and then he compared T-Jack's comp % to Joe Montana.

Trust me, I though T-Jack played great, I'm just saying that deep passes aren't in the "definition" of a West Coast offense.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr Anderson link=topic=37629.msg635633#msg635633 date=1189635518]

One meaningful game.

Chad Pennington 65.3

[/quote]

??? :
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

I think you misunderstood Marrdro... I was standing up for T-Jack and his "accuracy issues" when I got attacked for saying I don't understand the west-coast offense. He started pulling up Cullpepper's comp % (which was during the Carter and Moss years... not to mention not a West Coast offense) and then he compared T-Jack's comp % to Joe Montana.

Trust me, I though T-Jack played great, I'm just saying that deep passes aren't in the "definition" of a West Coast offense.
    [/quote]
    Sorry my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

One meaningful game.

Chad Pennington 65.3

[/quote]

??? :
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

No, they don't like it because it didn't work.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

One meaningful game.

Chad Pennington 65.3

[/quote]

??? :
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Seems to work for the other teams running it.
    Patience my friend.
    It will work for us as well.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=37629.msg635636#msg635636 date=1189635742]

One meaningful game.

Chad Pennington 65.3

[/quote]

??? :
    [/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Seems to work for the other teams running it.
    Patience my friend.
    It will work for us as well.
    [/quote]

When it works, they will like it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516