Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: the lions are next do they scare you?

NO
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

They scare me simply because they haven't beaten us in so long.
    They're due.
    They do have a good offense, but there's no way they put up 36 against us.
    In fact if we can put the same pressure on Kitna that we put on Harrington, we'll have at least 2 picks, probably more.

They're defense also isn't that good, so this should be a good chance for us to get the offense going.
    Pound the ball on the ground behind Hutch and company, and take a couple shots downfield.

I actually picked the Lions to take our division this year, but I still like our chances in this game.
    A lot of this is based on what I watched last week. Will that continue remains to be seen, but we're certainly better than Oakland, and if our defense shuts them down, it really won't be much of a contest.
    As much as I'd like to say we're gonna win 38-6.
    I don't see that happening.
    I see a close game that hopefully we'll win.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

I just dont like this game. If it were deeper in the season yes. But at this point, I am concerned
    Hope the Vikings come out victorious
    One thing I know the Vikings Offense need to do is stay on the field longer and get points to show for the duration

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

It doesn't matter who it is, or what the history is, you can never take division games, especially on the road, lightly.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    They scare me simply because they haven't beaten us in so long.
    They're due.
    They do have a good offense, but there's no way they put up 36 against us.
    In fact if we can put the same pressure on Kitna that we put on Harrington, we'll have at least 2 picks, probably more.

They're defense also isn't that good, so this should be a good chance for us to get the offense going.
    Pound the ball on the ground behind Hutch and company, and take a couple shots downfield.

I actually picked the Lions to take our division this year, but I still like our chances in this game.
    A lot of this is based on what I watched last week. Will that continue remains to be seen, but we're certainly better than Oakland, and if our defense shuts them down, it really won't be much of a contest.
    As much as I'd like to say we're gonna win 38-6.
    I don't see that happening.
    I see a close game that hopefully we'll win.
    Maybe the Falcons will sign Leftwich and trade Joey to the Lions so that we can play against him again this week!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The Cryin Lion is offline Waterboy

[quote author=carta4eva
    ...and their offensive line is garbage, If we put pressure on Kitna...[/quote]

Oakland had a better pass rush than you last year and none of their studs got to Kitna on Sunday.

I'm not sure if you are aware but we've had a 60% turnover on the O-line from last year.
    More if you include the O-line coach.
    Our starting RT from last year didn't even make it past the first cut.

We may actually have an average O-line for once.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"The" wrote:

Your best offensive element is our best defensive element; rushing.

Welcome to the site, you don't seem like too much of a troll.
    Good posts.
    However your rush defense was 21st last year (unless you were basing that on one game against Oakland), which is technically your strength but only because you had the 25th ranked pass defense.
    Not exactly a shut down run D.

Good luck, hopefully it's a good game and you won't be Cryin too hard Sunday evening.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"The" wrote:
    [quote]
    "carta4eva<br" wrote:

Oakland had a better pass rush than you last year and none of their studs got to Kitna on Sunday.

I'm not sure if you are aware but we've had a 60% turnover on the O-line from last year.
    More if you include the O-line coach.
    Our starting RT from last year didn't even make it past the first cut.

We may actually have an average O-line for once.

ummmm, what stat are you using? total yards per game or yds/attempt? b/c if you use yds/attempt, which I think is a better gauge, we were only .3 yds/attempt behind Oakland last year. If you get passed on every down, eventually they'll rack up yards. Just natural like that. This year we obviously have a much improved pass rush, so expect the pain to be brought. the rush will be key, b/c if kitna gets too much time, we MAY be in trouble. your WR are real fast.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"The" wrote:

On the flip side, your offense only managed 10 points against Atlanta and 7 points off a big play to AP.

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than most of you are expecting.
    I thought Atlanta's D was supposed to be good? If you want to talk about last year stats, how about this one? Atlanta was third best in the NFC against the run. You were 11th in the NFC. Not exactly a strength to be bragging about.

Not to be rude, just saying.

I do agree it won't be a roll over. IT will be close, but TJ won't have to beat you, he'll just have to do what he did with ATL and keep you from stacking the box. If he can do that, we'll run the field really well. ATL blitzed a lot, and TJ faced it well. I'm not sure how your DB's stack against ATL's, but i don't know if it'll be more or less difficult, but I imagine it'll be similar. I think our offense will have an easier time moving the ball than you give us credit for.

to your credit, if you establish a solid passing attack, it'll be tough for us to beat you.

may the best team win. That being the Vikes of course
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"The" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    We've got the best nickel CB around, Marcus McCauley. A MLB who's looked really good covering the middle(he gets back there fast) athletic linebackers, Antoine Winfield, and two experienced ballhawking safeties.

Not to mention a totally revived pass rush!!!

The only place the lions have an advantage on us is the passing game, and we're primed to shut that badboy down.
    Preface: The following is intended as Lions homerific counter point to all the Vikings homering going on here.
    Nothing I'm about to say changes the Vike's streak against my motor city kitty's and therefore you should win on Sunday.

Oakland had the #1 pass defense last year and Detroit threw 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards on them.

Last year your pass defense was #31 in the league. Yes, you've added a rookie nickle back.
    He'll be going against either Calvin Johnson or the NFC leader in receptions last year, Mike Furrey... or Shaun McDonald.
    I like those odds.

You guys are going to shut down our run, of that I'm sure.
    Running is not our strength. Though we'll be better than last year given our improved O-line running the ball would play right into your strength.
    I don't see it happening much.

Our best offensive element is your weakest defensive element; passing.

On the flip side, the strength of your game is your running attack.
    This is also the strength of our defense.

Your best offensive element is our best defensive element; rushing.

I think this game will come down to whether or not you can run the ball effectively, because if Detroit forces Tavaris Jackson to out-pass Kitna, you will probably lose.

Oh, by the way....
    oakland scored 21 on them. So we'll put up around 35.
    Yes, we gave up 21 points to Oakland.
    That's not too good.
    All those points, however came when Shaun Rogers was resting in the late 3rd and early 4th quarters, and Oakland does have a new offensive scheme.
    They don't have a good offense, but it's better than last year.

On the flip side, your offense only managed 10 points against Atlanta and 7 points off a big play to AP.

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than most of you are expecting.
    you forgot

Lions have Matt Millen Vikings don't
    ;D

[img width=450 height=329]http://www.michiblogger.net/pics/matt_millen_fans.jpg[/img]

game...set...match

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast