Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Line of Scrimmage: Five Things the NFL Must Fix

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/news.aspx?id=4149920

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Line of Scrimmage: Five Things the NFL Must Fix

Very nice read.
    Thanks my friend.

I agree with 5, 4, 2, and 1 especially the Pro-bowl is a joke point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

highly disagree with #3. sure teams like the browns would have made it last year, but so would another bad team in the nfc. redskins had no business being in the playoffs.

#2: short preseason is good (less injuries) but no longer regular season. its long enough.
    We're bringing purple back.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree that a 4 game preseason is too long, but I think the playoffs are just fine as they are.

The one thing that really needs to change is the way rookies are paid. Making Jake Long the highest paid offensive lineman in the league (probably ever) before he even plays a snap is absurd. They should cap rookie salaries, and use that extra money to play veterans who deserve it.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"gregair13" wrote:
    highly disagree with #3. sure teams like the browns would have made it last year, but so would another bad team in the nfc. redskins had no business being in the playoffs.

#2: short preseason is good (less injuries) but no longer regular season. its long enough.

It is? Its way too short for me. I want around 30 because I cant get enough of football, but I know that would never happen. 20 would be good enough for me

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"aaeyers" wrote:
    I agree that a 4 game preseason is too long, but I think the playoffs are just fine as they are.

The one thing that really needs to change is the way rookies are paid. Making Jake Long the highest paid offensive lineman in the league (probably ever) before he even plays a snap is absurd. They should cap rookie salaries, and use that extra money to play veterans who deserve it.
    Totally agree!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"HEY" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:

Totally agree!

Hasn't there been a lot of complaints about mediocre veterans getting overpaid as well?

The main flaw I see with that is the veterans are making money and all you'd ultimately be doing is just putting the money into the billionaire owners pockets and I'd personally rather see rookies get the money over them.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

The coin toss overtime still drives me crazy.
    It's hard to find a good alternative that would keep TV happy, but I still don't like it.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"huxx" wrote:
    The coin toss overtime still drives me crazy.
    It's hard to find a good alternative that would keep TV happy, but I still don't like it.
    It's not the coinflip that is the problem, it's the overtime system.
    They should take one thing from the college ranks and have both teams get a shot at scoring back and forth.
    It's more exciting and alot more fare than the team lucky enough to win the coin toss only having to get in FG range.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:

Totally agree!

Hasn't there been a lot of complaints about mediocre veterans getting overpaid as well?

The main flaw I see with that is the veterans are making money and all you'd ultimately be doing is just putting the money into the billionaire owners pockets and I'd personally rather see rookies get the money over them.
    I've said time and time again this isn't the rookies fault and it isn't the vets fault.
    It's the owners fault 100%.
    What is the rookie going to refuse a big contract that some owner was crazy enough to give him?
    As I've said before instead of punishing rookies and what they can make why doesn't Goodell just tell the owners to fix their own dang problem and not sign a rookie if they don't want to pay that much.
    So a corporation that is exempt from anti-trust laws and has an almost monpoly on pro football wants to limit what rookies can make....hmmmmmm.
    I guess I just don't shed a tear for owners who want to make a couple extra million, and a bunch of "underpaid" vets who make millions of dollars more than anybody on this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast