Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    twiztedfait is offline Starter

Re: Limits on celebrations make sense

"Benet" wrote:
    Why ban the team celebrations?! This is something that I think is completely out-of-line. You say the NFL is the ultimate team sport. You say everyone has to pull their weight to help the team win. Then why can't they celebrate just because THEY didn't run the ball into the End Zone? Why deny an O-Lineman who made that critical block on the Cornerback at the 5 yard line his moment to congratulate his team-mate or be praised by his team-mate for what he did? Team celebrations can also be hilarious.. They haven't been banned over here yet but I fear they may well be.
    A olineman running up to the back and hugging him, picking him up, or lifting him into the stands is not a "team celebration" that is allowed. A team celebration would be the "dirty bird" or all 11 guys doing the can-can in the end zone.

I believe the reason for no team celebrations is because it limits what you can do. You can't make a pyramid. You can't do the can can, you can't toss someone like a ragdoll into the air. Not allowing team celebrations is not about denying the team a chane to celebrate a score. It is about not letting the ante get uped. Teams can not try to out do the other teams celebration for the fans.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"twiztedfait" wrote:
    A olineman running up to the back and hugging him, picking him up, or lifting him into the stands is not a "team celebration" that is allowed. A team celebration would be the "dirty bird" or all 11 guys doing the can-can in the end zone.
    What's the "Dirty Bird"?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I don't get so annoyed at the TD celebrations but it's at the end of everytime someone sacks another or catches a long pass or whatever. I was so sick and tired last year of the Vikings on the short end of a score by about 20 points and then someone makes a nice tackle and they celebrate like they just wond the game. Heck, they were just doing what they were paid to do.
    Like Del I think the best celebrationis no celebration at all but just going about your business like it's going to happen again and again to them.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"Benet" wrote:
    What's the "Dirty Bird"?
    The falcons use to do it. They would all gather in a circle and do something like the chicken dance in the end zone.

Check google there may be a video of ot on the net.

Del Rio Guest

This whole thing reminds me of that southpark episode where they have a dance off......

You just got served..........oh hell now it's on..............

What happened to Kyle? Hunny........he just got served.....now it's on.

LMFAO

This is football not dancing with the stars. If I wanted to see someone shaking their rump roast I would watch a Shakira video or something.

Prophet Guest

Chad Johnson already has a rebuttal to the TD celebration crackdowns.

Johnson's response: "Tell the competition committee that Chad said you can't cover 85, and there's no way you can stop him from entertaining."

I hope they do go through with this, I actually kind of look forward to watching Sportscenter to see what new things guys came up with. As long as they dont do anything disrespectful I don't have a problem with them.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    I hope they do go through with this, I actually kind of look forward to watching Sportscenter to see what new things guys came up with. As long as they dont do anything disrespectful I don't have a problem with them.
    yeah i just don't want to see anymore Owens (in Dallas) or Johnson (anywhere lol) geesh and just to think Randy is gone for what he did to disgrace the Pack lol

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    Chad Johnson already has a rebuttal to the TD celebration crackdowns.

Johnson's response: "Tell the competition committee that Chad said you can't cover 85, and there's no way you can stop him from entertaining."
    Until the first time the Bengals get a 15 yard penalty for it. LOL.

Actually, I rather enjoy Chad's celebrations. I don't think any of them were out of hand. My favorite was the Isaac Curtis tribute in Minneapolis. Classy.

By the way, here is a list of All of Chad's celebrations.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Json is offline GM

No TD Celebrations? Say what!

The No Fun League reared its unfortunate head at these meetings with the expected passage of a rule outlawing celebrations like Carolina receiver Steve Smith falling in the end zone and doing a snow angel to please one of his daughters. No more sliding down the goal post, either, like a firemen.
    No more putt-putt golf for Chad Johnson.
    Fans in Cincinnati can forget looking forward to what clever celebration routine receiver Chad Johnson plans for that weekend's touchdown dance, even though Johnson's "Riverdance" high-stepping Irish jig was a season highlight.

Now, the Lambeau Leap is still allowed, a celebration that could actually lead to an injury if done incorrectly or if the front-row fans don't grab the player securely before he falls backwards.

But Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher, co-chairman of the Competition Committee, says that the NFL Players Association wants these celebrations barred and the league is in favor, believing some celebrations are a form of taunting.

Then, again, if defensive backs were so upset with Smith and Johnson's touchdown celebrations maybe they should simply do a better job of playing defense

Talk about a bummer. I love watching the celebrations. Its one of those distinct things that seperates the College league and the NFL. I think fining a player for doing a indecent celebration is fair, but don't ban it all together.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast