Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

Re: Let us pray Michael Vick is wrong.

Vick does have the potential to be a great qb. The problem is, he hasn't shown great accuracy and has trouble making good reads. It's easy to say you are going to be better before you strap on the pads, but he hasn't proven yet that he has improved on either of these things. Arm strength and being mobile is great, but if you can't find or hit an open receiver, you will never be a great qb. We will just have to wait and see. I believe if Vick can improve his reads and accuracy, he could be as good as Culpepper, but he has a lot of maturing to do.

bama_viking is offline Rookie

I think Vick would be better if he played as Ron Mexico :lol: If he (Vick) could hit recievers like Ron hits on the ladies, there'd be no stopping him...

The man who says he CAN'T and the man who says he CAN are BOTH right.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Man, why do these threads always have to turn into a daunte vs Vick thread?

The quote was about Vick getting better and has nothing to do with how good daunte is. Mora Jr brought over the west coast offense with him last season and Vick had to learn it. According to Steve Young, it takes 2-3 years to learn the west coast offense enough to do what Vick is saying he can now do, play without thinking too much.

If Vick is right, then we really should fear Atlanta, because they won what 11 games last year, with Vick not knowing the west coast system and struggling in it. They could be scary if he does get it. Then the only thing he would need to worry about working on is his accuracy and he could be unstoppable.

I do wonder though, if he does get the west coast system already. I think in another year, he will actually be where he thinks he is at right now.

Del Rio Guest

Well actually the original post was insinuating that if Vick gets better we are screwed. In addition the actual post compared him to Culpepper. SO it's pretty easy to see why it morphed into what it is now.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well actually the original post was insinuating that if Vick gets better we are screwed. In addition the actual post compared him to Culpepper. SO it's pretty easy to see why it morphed into what it is now.

Ah, I didn't see that little sentence from randy underneath. I wouldn't say the NFC is screwed if vick is right. He still needs to work on his accuracy and improve that, before I would say the NFC is screwed.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I do not have time for another QB to start playing like god this year (like manning did from last year). This is the year for Daunte to win the MVP so I hope Michael Vick is dead wrong.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

the NFC should have to fear the Top 3 QBs Daunte McNabb and Vick

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Source: Rotoworld.com

Michael Vick believes that he's going to post much better numbers than last year.
    'I can't even explain how big a difference it is this year from last year as far as understanding the game in this offense,' Vick said. '(That includes) where I have to go with my reads, what guys are going to be in this spot or are supposed to be in that spot. I've spent a lot of time this offseason working, putting time in the playbook. When I step on the field, there's not much doubt where I'm going with the ball now.' Vick's success will be a direct result of his harnessing his amazing arm. If he can solidify his passing game, he'll be virtually unstoppable. Jul. 24 - 4:15 am et

===============

If he's correct, they're right, the entire NFC is screwed. Vick's arm is better than Daunte's, and he has more mobility.

Of course Vick thinks he's gonna do better! Do you expect him to say he has herpes and that he's gonna be worse or average this year! Michael Vick is Michael Vick....he'll make sweet plays, he'll make huge mistakes....Daunte is better because he's much more of a QB...he relies on pass progression, Vick relies on his instincts...he's much more gung-ho, and that means that he will make tons of mistakes.....Vick will forever be a Randall Cunningham...a great scrambler with no Super Bowl ring...and mark that down cuz its a fact!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

cinningham was so close to getting that ring though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234