Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Let us pray Michael Vick is wrong.

I see "Ron Mexico" as having a very injury plagued career.

He'll never make the Hall Of Fame.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Vick has by far the strongest arm in the NFL. Haven't you guys seen that power aid commercial where he threw it all the way out of the stadium? :lol:

Oh yeah and Lebron James has some serious range on his jumper too. :grin:

Honestly though, I would say Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL, even though daunte has a very strong one too. But really, who cares and what does it matter?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Vick has by far the strongest arm in the NFL. Haven't you guys seen that power aid commercial where he threw it all the way out of the stadium? :lol:

Oh yeah and Lebron James has some serious range on his jumper too. :grin:

Honestly though, I would say Vick has the strongest arm in the NFL, even though daunte has a very strong one too. But really, who cares and what does it matter?
    Nothing! We will win the SB!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

thats why Daunte is better he looks around, makes time and he also get the check down man, then he runs.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

plus he cuts his hair =)

SharperImage42

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Source: Rotoworld.com

Michael Vick believes that he's going to post much better numbers than last year.
    'I can't even explain how big a difference it is this year from last year as far as understanding the game in this offense,' Vick said. '(That includes) where I have to go with my reads, what guys are going to be in this spot or are supposed to be in that spot. I've spent a lot of time this offseason working, putting time in the playbook. When I step on the field, there's not much doubt where I'm going with the ball now.' Vick's success will be a direct result of his harnessing his amazing arm. If he can solidify his passing game, he'll be virtually unstoppable. Jul. 24 - 4:15 am et

===============

If he's correct, they're right, the entire NFC is screwed. Vick's arm is better than Daunte's, and he has more mobility.
    HA HA, Even if he knows his reads better he still needs mental toughness and much much better accuracy, probly neither of which he'll ever have....so I'm not worried about him.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

PurpleElf Guest

Daunte is ten times the QB that Vick is. Nuff Said!

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Source: Rotoworld.com

Michael Vick believes that he's going to post much better numbers than last year.
    'I can't even explain how big a difference it is this year from last year as far as understanding the game in this offense,' Vick said. '(That includes) where I have to go with my reads, what guys are going to be in this spot or are supposed to be in that spot. I've spent a lot of time this offseason working, putting time in the playbook. When I step on the field, there's not much doubt where I'm going with the ball now.' Vick's success will be a direct result of his harnessing his amazing arm. If he can solidify his passing game, he'll be virtually unstoppable. Jul. 24 - 4:15 am et

===============

If he's correct, they're right, the entire NFC is screwed. Vick's arm is better than Daunte's, and he has more mobility.
    I think he should be praying he is right more then I should be worrying about if he is wrong. Maybe he is trying to pump up his endorsment deals since he tainted his image a bit.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Vick may be able to throw it as far as Daunte, but not only can Daunte throw it 70 yards, he can throw it 70 yards accurately. There's a big difference there.

I also could see Vick having several injury problems throughout his career. While healthy, though, he is one of the most dangerous players in the league. I expect both the Vikings and Falcons (if Vick stays healthy) to make the playoffs this year. That could lead to a very interesting playoff matchup.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Another thing about Daunte. You can honestly say he's gotten better every year. A couple years ago critics complained he threw too many INT's. In 2003 he got his INT's down. Critics then complained he fumbles too much and doesn't know when to take a sack. In 2004 his fumbles went down drastically and he occasionally took a sack when he saw nothing was there and there was nowhere to run. Not only did he do that, but he continued to keep the INT's down. He also got his TD's up, and continued to be a threat in the running game. The only valid criticism one can have of Culpepper at this point, is that he has not proven that he's clutch. He's an accurate passer in the pocket, and on the run, he can make several reads, he knows when to run, when to throw it away, when to audible, he uses all the receivers, TE's, and RB's, and he knows when to take a sack. He doesn't throw many INT's and he doesn't fumble a lot. The only area, IMO, he needs to improve is down by 6 in the 4th qtr. I'd really like to see him complete a successful comeback win this year.

It seems like when the game is on the line an we're ahead, he's a superstar, but when the game is on the line and we're behind, that is when he makes mistakes and doesn't come through. For all I know, this could have been due to play calling, or something the line or receivers were doing. Nonetheless, it's seems to be his main area in need of improvement. I'd take him over Vick anyday. More accurate, smarter, and an overall better QB.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast