ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leonard Weaver?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=50753.msg914590#msg914590 date=1235868517]
    Not that I hate Tahi but Weaver wouldn't be a bad pick up.
    The guy has good hands and he can actually break a long one which Tahi cannot do.
    I think he catches ok for a FB considering how many times we actually throw the ball that way.

I will give you the point about not being able to break a long one, however, I don't expect that out of a FB.
    Childress & Co. screwed the pooch when they let Richardson go.
    +1
    +1?
    See thats what I'm talking about.
    People say stuff like that and don't realize what is really going on.
    Maybe one should look at what Tony actually did while he was a Jet last year before we go around +1ing...... :

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyricha...e?id=RIC389026

Seems to me a cat that can't stay healthy can't stay on the field is the kindof guy you let lose instead of keeping around sucking up CAP money.

Course, some people only harken back to days of your with cats like Tony and think he is still playing to that caliber I guess resulting in random +1'ing.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    What the fuck are you even ranting about? What do you mean what he did? What is he suppose to rush for a certain amount of yards? When have any of our fullbacks ran for a lot of yards? Tony is one of the best blockers in the league. Did you see that clip of him in that same link you posted. Week 16. Looks like he can run when CALLED upon. Can't stay healthy?! He was injured in week 8 but did not miss any time. He played in week 9! The Jets thought enough about him to resign him.
    : You obviously are the one with no clue what is going on.

At the end of the 2007-2008 season, the Vikings did not re-sign Richardson, opting to pay for the cheaper Thomas Tapeh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Richardson_(American_football)

You get what you pay for.

Injury History: Missed the final seven games of the 2006 season after being placed on injured reserve with a broken forearm. Suffered a broken thumb earlier in 2006, but didn’t miss any games as a result. Missed the final two games of the 2002 season with a dislocated right shoulder. Missed two games in 2001 with a shoulder injury. Missed two games in 1998 with a sprained knee. Missed three games in 1996 with a wrist injury.
    http://hssouthcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=232&p=8&c=1&nid=2981132

??? : Come on Marrdro, research before you insult others by saying they have no clue what they are talking about.

My guess is that we should drop Rice, Gordon.....oh wait we resigned him.
    [/quote]

My point of this first part of the post is not to agree or disagree but to tell you this is the type of post I spoke about previously.
    You are so quick to insult / criticize people.
    This latest post was uncalled for.

Marrdro brings up decent points.
    I agree with some and I disagree with some.
    But it doesn't mean you have to use this type of post to make your point.

Now the fact is TR has lost time due to injury over the last few years.
    Personally I will not look at his stats to determine whether it was worth letting him go.
    He brings intangeables to the position and the game that imo are far more important than the amount of yards a FB rushes for.
    I also know when called upon he does the job.
    I can understand letting him go and I can understand the reason of keeping him.
    Chilly & Co. thought he had a younger and cheaper answer with Tapeh.
    That is why the Vikings let him go when they did.
    I am not sure who the Jets have so it may be more beneficial for them to keep him.

As far as Weaver is concerned, it would be a good pick up imo.
    He is a guy that can block and catch the ball out of the backfield.
    He can also take it the distance as he proved this past year.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50753.msg914612#msg914612 date=1235869194]
    The guy has good hands and he can actually break a long one which Tahi cannot do.
    I think he catches ok for a FB considering how many times we actually throw the ball that way.

I will give you the point about not being able to break a long one, however, I don't expect that out of a FB.
    +1
    +1?
    Maybe one should look at what Tony actually did while he was a Jet last year before we go around +1ing...... :

Seems to me a cat that can't stay healthy can't stay on the field is the kindof guy you let lose instead of keeping around sucking up CAP money.

Course, some people only harken back to days of your with cats like Tony and think he is still playing to that caliber I guess resulting in random +1'ing.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    What the fuck are you even ranting about? What do you mean what he did? What is he suppose to rush for a certain amount of yards? When have any of our fullbacks ran for a lot of yards? Tony is one of the best blockers in the league. Did you see that clip of him in that same link you posted. Week 16. Looks like he can run when CALLED upon. Can't stay healthy?! He was injured in week 8 but did not miss any time. He played in week 9! The Jets thought enough about him to resign him.

At the end of the 2007-2008 season, the Vikings did not re-sign Richardson, opting to pay for the cheaper Thomas Tapeh.

Injury History: Missed the final seven games of the 2006 season after being placed on injured reserve with a broken forearm. Suffered a broken thumb earlier in 2006, but didn’t miss any games as a result. Missed the final two games of the 2002 season with a dislocated right shoulder. Missed two games in 2001 with a shoulder injury. Missed two games in 1998 with a sprained knee. Missed three games in 1996 with a wrist injury.

??? : Come on Marrdro, research before you insult others by saying they have no clue what they are talking about.

[/quote]

My point of this first part of the post is not to agree or disagree but to tell you this is the type of post I spoke about previously.

Personally I will not look at his stats to determine whether it was worth letting him go.
    He brings intangeables to the position and the game that imo are far more important than the amount of yards a FB rushes for.
    I am not sure who the Jets have so it may be more beneficial for them to keep him.

[/quote]

Quit your crying. I have met Marrdro in real life a couple times now. You are so fucking sensitive. My post was not uncalled for? If I didn't know Marrdro personally, how would it be ok for him to insult me but his post is acceptable. This is why I had you on ignore. Your responses are so weird.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=50753.msg914629#msg914629 date=1235870244]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quit your crying. I have met Marrdro in real life a couple times now. You are so fucking sensitive. My post was not uncalled for? If I didn't know Marrdro personally, how would it be ok for him to insult me but his post is acceptable. This is why I had you on ignore. Your responses are so weird.
    [/quote]

See there you go with the insults again.
    I never said anything negative to you other than you posting inappropriately.
    Not an insult just an opinion.
    You seem to be the ONLY one that thinks my posts are so "weird".
    Does that tell you anything?
    Like I stated before feel free to put me back on ignore.
    It's not about sensitivity.
    You have done it to me and others on this site.
    Are you going to say you know me too?
    You don't so don't try and use that as an excuse.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50753.msg914846#msg914846 date=1235876932]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMFAO! I am not even going to respond to that. You are not worth my time. Don't respond to my posts if you don't want me responding back. It is that simple.

In the 2006 preseason, he suffered a painful high ankle sprain, causing the Seahawks to put him on injured reserve.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Weaver

Tony has a higher yards per carry than Leonard last year but Leonard had more production in the passing game.

[youtube=425,350]sMZ695sfUiU[/youtube]

Damn

[youtube=425,350]MTjf-3bcCPg&feature[/youtube]

Pretty quick for a big guy.

[youtube=425,350]VNqcodOXNbI&feature[/youtube]

This one is for Marrdro.

[youtube=425,350]zDrnr3Qxmy4&feature[/youtube]

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50753.msg914930#msg914930 date=1235907951]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50753.msg914846#msg914846 date=1235876932]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMFAO! I am not even going to respond to that. You are not worth my time. Don't respond to my posts if you don't want me responding back. It is that simple.[/quote]

Fair enough.
    Make sure it works both ways!

Trying to keep this a Weaver thread.
    :

Seahawks don't appear to be big shoppers

And Ruskell wants to keep fullback Leonard Weaver and wide receiver Bobby Engram, among 14 other Seahawks' free agents, but only at the right price.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008791753_apfbnseahawksfreeagency1stldwritethru.h tml

Big C is offline Coordinator

It's hard to give an FB credit when he is doing his job right. If he pass blocks well the QB will credit for completing a pass. If he run blocks well, the RB gets credit for breaking a big one. However, when the FB screws up a a block it's pretty obvious.

While Tony was here, I remember him making a few plays. He made some 3rd down conversions both running and catching the ball. I saw highlights of a few key blocks he made. I have no confidence in giving Tahi the ball on 3rd and short to mix things up. They guy runs such shallow routes out of the backfield and then takes poor angles up the field so it's almost pointless throwing to him (that could be scheme too but then Tony made a couple of good chunks on similar plays). I saw a few replays where Tahi just totally whiffed on run and pass blocks. So, I think an upgrade would help.

I don't blame Chill and Co for letting Tony go. They the younger, maybe similarly talented Tapeh to compensate. It's not their fault that Tapeh lied about his injury.

Final point, some of us have actuallt heard of Weaver. No one outside the Vikings fan base even knows Tahi. Weaver can be had at a bargain price so it makes good business sense too. Especially when the offense revolves around a dominant rushing attach. Every block counts.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

"Big" wrote:
    It's hard to give an FB credit when he is doing his job right. If he pass blocks well the QB will credit for completing a pass. If he run blocks well, the RB gets credit for breaking a big one. However, when the FB screws up a a block it's pretty obvious.

While Tony was here, I remember him making a few plays. He made some 3rd down conversions both running and catching the ball. I saw highlights of a few key blocks he made. I have no confidence in giving Tahi the ball on 3rd and short to mix things up. They guy runs such shallow routes out of the backfield and then takes poor angles up the field so it's almost pointless throwing to him (that could be scheme too but then Tony made a couple of good chunks on similar plays). I saw a few replays where Tahi just totally whiffed on run and pass blocks. So, I think an upgrade would help.

I don't blame Chill and Co for letting Tony go. They the younger, maybe similarly talented Tapeh to compensate. It's not their fault that Tapeh lied about his injury.

Final point, some of us have actuallt heard of Weaver. No one outside the Vikings fan base even knows Tahi. Weaver can be had at a bargain price so it makes good business sense too. Especially when the offense revolves around a dominant rushing attach. Every block counts.
    Getting someone like weaver may take that burden off of AP too

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast