Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leonard Weaver?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Leonard Weaver?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Not that I hate Tahi but Weaver wouldn't be a bad pick up.
    The guy has good hands and he can actually break a long one which Tahi cannot do.
    I think he catches ok for a FB considering how many times we actually throw the ball that way.

I will give you the point about not being able to break a long one, however, I don't expect that out of a FB.
    Childress & Co. screwed the pooch when they let Richardson go.
    Again, I am not so sure.

Watched alot of Jets games this year and he didn't get many reps.
    Not as big a impact as some say he had.

By the way, the ones that say he had a big impact, I don't put much credit to as I bet they didn't watch a single game.
    TR was hurt a lot of the season but was effective when in the games.
    I liked TR and thought he was one of the most important FA pick ups that year.
    I know it was the year we got Hutch but I think people under estimated his value.
    Jets re-signed him.
    He is worth every penny.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    The guy has good hands and he can actually break a long one which Tahi cannot do.
    I think he catches ok for a FB considering how many times we actually throw the ball that way.

I will give you the point about not being able to break a long one, however, I don't expect that out of a FB.
    +1

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

+1
    +1?
    See thats what I'm talking about.
    People say stuff like that and don't realize what is really going on.
    Maybe one should look at what Tony actually did while he was a Jet last year before we go around +1ing...... :

http://www.nfl.com/players/tonyricha...e?id=RIC389026

Seems to me a cat that can't stay healthy can't stay on the field is the kindof guy you let lose instead of keeping around sucking up CAP money.

Course, some people only harken back to days of your with cats like Tony and think he is still playing to that caliber I guess resulting in random +1'ing.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

+1
    +1?
    Maybe one should look at what Tony actually did while he was a Jet last year before we go around +1ing...... :

Seems to me a cat that can't stay healthy can't stay on the field is the kindof guy you let lose instead of keeping around sucking up CAP money.

Course, some people only harken back to days of your with cats like Tony and think he is still playing to that caliber I guess resulting in random +1'ing.

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    I will agree that he has the injury bug and has had trouble staying healthy.
    He did with MN as well.
    However he does bring more of the intangeables that I like to talk about.
    He's a leader and knows the game.
    I can't say whether they screwed up by letting him go but he is productive whether it be blocking or leadership.
    He may not have the numbers coming out of the backfield but that may not be because of him.
    How many times did the Jets actually go to him to make a play?

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=50753.msg914590#msg914590 date=1235868517]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    He did with MN as well.
    I can't say whether they screwed up by letting him go but he is productive whether it be blocking or leadership.
    He may not have the numbers coming out of the backfield but that may not be because of him.
    How many times did the Jets actually go to him to make a play?[/quote]
    Very seldom and thats my point.
    They didn't really have many chances to even go to him cause he was hurt or not even on the field.

Again, the bigger reason the Jets running game excelled was the OL improvements, not some old FB that can't stay on the field.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50753.msg914612#msg914612 date=1235869194]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    He did with MN as well.
    How many times did the Jets actually go to him to make a play?[/quote]
    Very seldom and thats my point.
    They didn't really have many chances to even go to him cause he was hurt or not even on the field.

Again, the bigger reason the Jets running game excelled was the OL improvements, not some old FB that can't stay on the field.
    [/quote]

I wasn't really going with the running game.
    Again, I was talking more about intangeables.
    Somewhat like Kleinny.
    How many times do we go to him?
    Not many.
    But we do know how important he is to the team.
    Favre never really uses a FB.
    Who know's maybe with the right FB the Vikings may go that way more often.
    Something that we will not be able to measure as far as TR is concerned because he is gone.
    I hated letting him go but I also understood the move.
    As you said he is injury prone and that makes a difference.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

LOL! Hindsight is 20/20.

There's no way a team can predict that a player will get injured in the upcoming year.

Did you see us knee-jerking & unloading AD or Greenway when they sustained injuries in their first year?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

LOL! Hindsight is 20/20.

There's no way a team can predict that a player will get injured in the upcoming year.

Did you see us knee-jerking & unloading AD or Greenway when they sustained injuries in their first year?

[/quote]
    Sure they can't predict, however, if a player is already injury prone, and T-rich was while we had him, it is a good assumption that factored into the decision to release him don't ya think?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50753.msg914612#msg914612 date=1235869194]

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

LOL! Hindsight is 20/20.

[/quote]
    Sure they can't predict, however, if a player is already injury prone, and T-rich was while we had him, it is a good assumption that factored into the decision to release him don't ya think?
    [/quote]

It's kind of hard to compare the TR situation to Greenway or AP.
    TR is in the latter portion of his career.
    I am sure that had to do more with the decision than the prediction of the injury.
    If the Jets or anyone else thought he would be injury prone why pick him up in the first place?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

+1
    +1?

;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    What the fuck are you even ranting about? What do you mean what he did? What is he suppose to rush for a certain amount of yards? When have any of our fullbacks ran for a lot of yards? Tony is one of the best blockers in the league. Did you see that clip of him in that same link you posted. Week 16. Looks like he can run when CALLED upon. Can't stay healthy?! He was injured in week 8 but did not miss any time. He played in week 9! The Jets thought enough about him to resign him.
    : You obviously are the one with no clue what is going on.

At the end of the 2007-2008 season, the Vikings did not re-sign Richardson, opting to pay for the cheaper Thomas Tapeh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Richardson

You get what you pay for.

Injury History: Missed the final seven games of the 2006 season after being placed on injured reserve with a broken forearm. Suffered a broken thumb earlier in 2006, but didn’t miss any games as a result. Missed the final two games of the 2002 season with a dislocated right shoulder. Missed two games in 2001 with a shoulder injury. Missed two games in 1998 with a sprained knee. Missed three games in 1996 with a wrist injury.
    http://hssouthcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=232&p=8&c=1&nid=2981132

??? : Come on Marrdro, research before you insult others by saying they have no clue what they are talking about. 16 games out of that 14 seasons is pretty good IMO.

My guess is that we should drop Rice, Gordon.....oh wait we resigned him.

But not only was Richardson a terrific run blocker, he was also a fantastic pass protector.
    On top of that, Richardson was a decent receiver, usually dependable as a dump-off option to gain a few yards. The fullback's role in the Chiefs' offense may have diminished over the years, but Richardson's presence was still felt.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/01/19/the-chiefs-need-tony-richardson-or-any-fullback/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast