Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Leinart's mom called in to help.

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    Well, maybe people should give these guys a chance to prove themselves before they start heaping on the ignorant criticism.
    Why? What if the criticism isn't ignorant. Why shouldn't he have to prove himself??

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

But if he hasn't proven himself in "someone's" eyes, then he hasn't done anything good or bad, so why be sh!tty by criticizing the guy. It would be like me saying that everyone sucks until they prove they are not. No everyone is in some nuetral area until they prove what they are.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

They are questioning him... and fairly so with his performance in the championship game. I personally feel that his game left many questions surrounding him. Considering how much money he is going to make, more in this next year then I will probably ever see in my life... more money then most people will see in their lives. Why should he just be blindly accepted as the next great QB??

As a Viking fan don't you have questions about how our rookie QB will do in the future? Don't you question his college career? Its ok to question him though because he wasn't a top ten pick? Bah... sillyness.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Yes I look at all of these rookie players and have discussion amongst friends about how I feel they will do. Expressing those feelings over television or radio waves, among other things, is a great sign of disrespect to anyone who is being discussed. I am in no way saying that he will be the next great quarterback in the NFL, but I think that poeple should wait to form opinions about him or any other rookie, until they prove themselves, whether that be that they suck or that they are great, they are still proving themselves.

As of now, they are all unproven at the prolevel.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't know why he's complaining. I would just smile all the time with the contract he is going to sign!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    It is pretty funny how everyone turned on him when he decided to stay in school one more year. One draft ago he would have been the number one pick and the media was licking his scrotum. But when he decided to stay and enjoy his campus lifestyle, everyone became a critic.
    I have to agree with this. So he's being criticised because he didn't say "how high?" when the media and the NFL expected him to jump to the pro's? To be honest, I say fair play to him. Sure he might've lost a lot of money and missed out on living in San Francisco (who would probably have got the same pick this year if they drafted Leinart), but he made his choice and is dealing with it. He did everything that was asked of him in college; or do we blame him for not being on the field when the USC defense was being man-handled by Vince Young?

Of course, if you criticise something or someone, it makes you appear smarter, like you know more about the subject of discussion, than the guy sitting next to you. That's why Leinart's been criticised so much in the off-season.. We have nothing else to talk about!

That being said, I've made my fair share of comments about him being "Hollywood", and saying Vince Young is the better quarterback than Leinart. I stick to my comments regarding how I value Young higher than Leinart, and that I'm glad we didn't trade up to get him, but I do regret my "Hollywood" comments because I now realise I was just following the rest of the sheep.

Oh well.. Back to watching Thierry Henry's press conference! :grin:

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

he should stop partying every night

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Gee. Matt...do you think you might be too Hollywood because you went on The Tonight Show, you hang out in Los Angeles with celebrities and you're dating Paris Hilton? Hmm....

Suck it up and deal with the criticism that comes with your millions of dollars.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

His mom is keeping Paris Hilton busy so he can concentrate on fending off all the bullies that don't believe in him yet.
    One Night In Paris II

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

If he can't handle the criticism, let him go be Nick Lachey's pool boy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast