Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

MORNING BRIEFING
    Leinart's Rocky NFL Debut Has Old Roots
    By Mike Penner, Times Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/morningbriefing/la-sp-briefing21aug21,1,1914722.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-morning_br

Who is to blame for Matt Leinart's going four for 11 for 49 yards with two sacks in his NFL debut Saturday, a 30-3 exhibition loss by the Arizona Cardinals to the New England Patriots?

Leinart, for holding out until Aug. 14 to become the last player selected in the 2006 draft to sign a contract?

Cardinals Coach Dennis Green, for browbeating the kid into signing and then throwing him to the Patriots as punishment?

The Cardinals, for being the Cardinals?

Or Georgia Frontiere and Al Davis, for moving the St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders from Anaheim and Los Angeles in 1995, thus depriving Leinart the chance to actually attend an NFL game before playing in one?...

rjmac is offline Training Camp

Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

LOL
    I am going with Georgia and Al on this one. It's always someone else's fault with todays yoot.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Thats what you get when you ask for millions of dollars your rookie year when you haven't proved yourself.

Formerly Viking24

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    MORNING BRIEFING
    Leinart's Rocky NFL Debut Has Old Roots
    By Mike Penner, Times Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/morningbriefing/la-sp-briefing21aug21,1,1914722.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-morning_br

Who is to blame for Matt Leinart's going four for 11 for 49 yards with two sacks in his NFL debut Saturday, a 30-3 exhibition loss by the Arizona Cardinals to the New England Patriots?

Leinart, for holding out until Aug. 14 to become the last player selected in the 2006 draft to sign a contract?

Cardinals Coach Dennis Green, for browbeating the kid into signing and then throwing him to the Patriots as punishment?

The Cardinals, for being the Cardinals?

Or Georgia Frontiere and Al Davis, for moving the St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders from Anaheim and Los Angeles in 1995, thus depriving Leinart the chance to actually attend an NFL game before playing in one?...

Can he stick his nose any farther up Leinart's buttt??????????????
    Jock sniffer!

Everything that has ever happened in Lienart life isn't his fault!

Maybe if the Rams would have had some support they would still be there.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Thats what you get when you ask for millions of dollars your rookie year when you haven't proved yourself.
    Exactly.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

You see what happens when media pumps up someone's ego?
    then reality comes in and says.. "Hey.. get up and do somthin!!"

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

I gotta blame the parents on this. I mean, they live in LA, only a couple of hours drive away from either a Chargers, 49ers, or Raiders game. If pops can spring for an apartment for Matt and his other WR, certainly they could have got into the families old station wagon and took a road trip. And also I blame Denny, that was just wrong. What would have happened if Matt got injured. Denny would have tried to blame the holdout for the injury or some other kind of spin method.

But man, Matt is going to be scary once he learns the offense and gets some reps under his belt. That 4-11 game wasn't all that bad, when you think about it. Vince Young ( and they will be compared alot this year, trust me) was 4-11 for 56 yards and had 4 carries for 28 yards. I think Matt had 2 carries for 29 yards or something like that, but it was his first game. I am not worried.

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

I watched Leinart against the Pats the other night and he looked very good. Very decisive, even showing the ability to scramble effectively. A number of his incompletions were dropped passes by third string receivers. Plus it was pouring rain.

I was impressed.

How do ya like them apples?!

Prophet Guest

"tjohnson" wrote:
    I watched Leinart against the Pats the other night and he looked very good. Very decisive, even showing the ability to scramble effectively. A number of his incompletions were dropped passes by third string receivers. Plus it was pouring rain.

I was impressed.
    Don't cloud the discussion with facts.
    Some members don't like that.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I do think he will be jinxed for
    holding out. Give me another year or two and he'll be good. At least he doesn't have to start for a sucky franchise right away like Alex Smith... So he has that going for him. BTW, nice sig 24.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast