Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Prophet Guest

    Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    MORNING BRIEFING
    Leinart's Rocky NFL Debut Has Old Roots
    By Mike Penner, Times Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/morningbriefing/la-sp-briefing21aug21,1,1914722.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-morning_br

    Who is to blame for Matt Leinart's going four for 11 for 49 yards with two sacks in his NFL debut Saturday, a 30-3 exhibition loss by the Arizona Cardinals to the New England Patriots?

    Leinart, for holding out until Aug. 14 to become the last player selected in the 2006 draft to sign a contract?

    Cardinals Coach Dennis Green, for browbeating the kid into signing and then throwing him to the Patriots as punishment?

    The Cardinals, for being the Cardinals?

    Or Georgia Frontiere and Al Davis, for moving the St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders from Anaheim and Los Angeles in 1995, thus depriving Leinart the chance to actually attend an NFL game before playing in one?...

  2. #2
    rjmac's Avatar
    rjmac is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    LOL
    I am going with Georgia and Al on this one. It's always someone else's fault with todays yoot.

  3. #3
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    Thats what you get when you ask for millions of dollars your rookie year when you haven't proved yourself.


    Formerly Viking24

  4. #4
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    "Prophet" wrote:
    MORNING BRIEFING
    Leinart's Rocky NFL Debut Has Old Roots
    By Mike Penner, Times Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/custom/morningbriefing/la-sp-briefing21aug21,1,1914722.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-morning_br

    Who is to blame for Matt Leinart's going four for 11 for 49 yards with two sacks in his NFL debut Saturday, a 30-3 exhibition loss by the Arizona Cardinals to the New England Patriots?

    Leinart, for holding out until Aug. 14 to become the last player selected in the 2006 draft to sign a contract?

    Cardinals Coach Dennis Green, for browbeating the kid into signing and then throwing him to the Patriots as punishment?

    The Cardinals, for being the Cardinals?

    Or Georgia Frontiere and Al Davis, for moving the St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders from Anaheim and Los Angeles in 1995, thus depriving Leinart the chance to actually attend an NFL game before playing in one?...

    Can he stick his nose any farther up Leinart's buttt??????????????
    Jock sniffer!


    Everything that has ever happened in Lienart life isn't his fault!



    Maybe if the Rams would have had some support they would still be there.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  5. #5
    ChezPizmo's Avatar
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    705

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    Thats what you get when you ask for millions of dollars your rookie year when you haven't proved yourself.
    Exactly.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."


    [size=8pt]


    -John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

  6. #6
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    You see what happens when media pumps up someone's ego?
    then reality comes in and says.. "Hey.. get up and do somthin!!"

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  7. #7
    JellyBean2144's Avatar
    JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    475

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    I gotta blame the parents on this. I mean, they live in LA, only a couple of hours drive away from either a Chargers, 49ers, or Raiders game. If pops can spring for an apartment for Matt and his other WR, certainly they could have got into the families old station wagon and took a road trip. And also I blame Denny, that was just wrong. What would have happened if Matt got injured. Denny would have tried to blame the holdout for the injury or some other kind of spin method.

    But man, Matt is going to be scary once he learns the offense and gets some reps under his belt. That 4-11 game wasn't all that bad, when you think about it. Vince Young ( and they will be compared alot this year, trust me) was 4-11 for 56 yards and had 4 carries for 28 yards. I think Matt had 2 carries for 29 yards or something like that, but it was his first game. I am not worried.

  8. #8
    tjohnson's Avatar
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    552

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    I watched Leinart against the Pats the other night and he looked very good. Very decisive, even showing the ability to scramble effectively. A number of his incompletions were dropped passes by third string receivers. Plus it was pouring rain.

    I was impressed.

    How do ya like them apples?!

  9. #9
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    "tjohnson" wrote:
    I watched Leinart against the Pats the other night and he looked very good. Very decisive, even showing the ability to scramble effectively. A number of his incompletions were dropped passes by third string receivers. Plus it was pouring rain.

    I was impressed.
    Don't cloud the discussion with facts.
    Some members don't like that.

  10. #10
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Leinart's first NFL game....ever.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    Thats what you get when you ask for millions of dollars your rookie year when you haven't proved yourself.
    I do think he will be jinxed for
    holding out. Give me another year or two and he'll be good. At least he doesn't have to start for a sucky franchise right away like Alex Smith... So he has that going for him. BTW, nice sig 24.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings vs. Steelers game pre game thoughts & articles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 07:35 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
  3. Offensive game plan for tomorrow's Viking/Packer game
    By umaguma1979 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:43 AM
  4. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 08:50 PM
  5. Leinart's mom called in to help.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 06:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •