Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legit 3-0 Teams

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Legit 3-0 Teams

I think it goes Colts
    Bucs
    Bengals
    Skins

The Colts D has looked good this year so far, but their offense has been stuck in first gear all year. I expect that to change and for them to break out around week 5 or 6 and start scoring loads of points again. They're the best of the 3-0 teams I think, but with games agains the Browns and Jaguars (and a Ravens team with NO OFFENSE) I don't think 3-0 is that tremendous of a feat.

The Bucs are a surprise, but they have a good, veteran defense. Brian Griese is the weak link, but as long as he has a run game with Cadillac he'll be dynamite. Remember in Denver? When he lost his running game he went into the tank, but when he has a run game it allows him to be more efficient.

The Bengals are good, and very well coached. They're young though, which could hurt in the long run. They'll make the playoffs but are going to have a hard time getting by Pittsburgh.

The Skins still aren't very good, IMO. They beat the Bears with 3 field goals when they were starting a rookie QB in his first game and then they beat the Cowboys who are disappointing this year. Their QB situation isn't great, Brunell is solid but won't carry them, they don't have good recievers, and I don't think their O-line can hold up.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    The Skins still aren't very good, IMO. They beat the Bears with 3 field goals when they were starting a rookie QB in his first game and then they beat the Cowboys who are disappointing this year. Their QB situation isn't great, Brunell is solid but won't carry them, they don't have good recievers, and I don't think their O-line can hold up.
    The thing to point out about the Skins is that they won game one, switched QBs and then won game two. You are right, I don't think that they are legit.

The BEARS and the BOYS????

Their D isn't what it was last year. They lost some good players. Man that Pierce is playing well in NY and Smoot here in Minny.

Without a doubt, I'd say it's the Colts. I'm not particularly worried about their offense. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Manning has a few good throws left in him. The defense with Freeney (don't care enough to look up his name), is disruptive, to say the least.

Redskins? No, I don't think so. They are only 2-0, right?

Bengals? I prefer to say they are the strongest team 'cause that will make up for how poorly we played, but I can't say that the Browns, Chicago or us (the way we played that week) are the best test of a team's mettle.

Bucs? I hate them 'cause I like Dungy. I was pleased when they stunk up the place, but the defensive coordinator is good. Having a power back like Yugo...or Impala...or whatever his name is (joke, by the way), makes a world of difference. I guess I should mention who they beat: Us (not on a good day), B-Packers, Bills (at home)...not really that impressive either.

Maybe I'm wrong about the Bengals and Bucs...maybe they are so good they messed up our offense,but I think we were just off...

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

C'mon, give the 'skins a little credit for overcoming the Dallas defense the way they did, specially considering their offense is not really that good to begin with, the only decent player they got on that side of the ball is Portis.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    C'mon, give the 'skins a little credit for overcoming the Dallas defense the way they did, specially considering their offense is not really that good to begin with, the only decent player they got on that side of the ball is Portis.
    I think that might have been all Big D, or the lack there of Big D. It was more like Big D had a Little D in the 4th quarter. Man, Big D's little D got beaten twice on big plays. They let them have that one. Granted the Skins didn't give up, I have to give them credit on that.

I really liked how Coach Bill didn't make the PC into a spectacle the next day, but you know behind closed doors with the players, he gave it to them.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Even at 3-0 Cincinatti may not be the best team in their division. I want to see them play well against a team that actually shows some effort.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

3-0 teams deserve to be 3-0. they eraned it. can all of them get to the playoffs... i think the colts and bengals can.

Prophet Guest

I went with the Bengals, but agree that the Colts are a tough team. I like the way the Bengals have built their team up over the last few years.

Pollack and Thurman were huge pickups for their D. Their secondary appear to be doing a good job so far.

Rudi Johnson is the real deal and Chad Johnson at the WR slot is always a threat and his sidekick Housh...?? whatever his name is ain't bad either. I think Carson Palmer is the real deal. Graham is one of the most accurate kickers in the NFL. Their O-line has only given up a couple of sacks this year and Johnson is averaging around a 100 yds/game.

Regardless of what happens this year I see the Bengals being a top-tier team within the next few years. Their defense will be near the top within a few years and they have the main cogs to get their offense going.

How about Simon for the Colts? He was a good pick up for them, provides depth and experience.
    Reagor and Freeney 3 and 4 sacks respectively.

Even though the Colts O isn't running on more than 3 of the 8 cylinders, I am not worried about them at all. They are playing D, finally. They had good D players but were on the field so much, they couldn't keep their heads straight or above water. The Colts run game is helping out a lot. BALANCE!!!!! Ying/Yang! Harmony! World Peace!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

redskins are not for real, they have no qb... but their everything else is pretty dang good.
    bucs are not for real. no way they can keep winning games the way they are. but they are playing the lions, so we can cheer for them.
    colts are mabye for real? they cant score points, even though they are spose to and are due to break out. and there defense, no way. it will break down at some point.
    bengels are for real. there i said it. they are one injury away from losing, but who says that is going to happen? i cant see them losing for a while. chad is too good and lewis is an amazing coach.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast