Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

Re: Least likable footballer

"Prophet" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=18px]9. Jack Tatum[/size]
    Jack Tatum ended Daryl Stingley's football career and forced him to live in a wheelchair for the rest of his life with one hit -- during the preseason!

While Stingley was battling for his life, nearly every player from both the Patriots and the Raiders visited him and expressed their sorrow -- except for Tatum, the man who made the hit. "The Assassin" never once talked to Stingley about the incident -- until he was promoting his autobiography.

This is one of the many reasons why Tatum has to be, by far, the most despicable football player of all time.
    This guy gets my vote

I posted this video a few days ago in another thread, it is a video of Earl Campbell and on the third running play he hits Jack Tatum in the chest with his helmet and just knocks him on his jiggly butt, it is one of the great all time plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMJvUgLCXE&search=earl%20campbell
    Great video. I forgot how huge Campbell was. What a stud RB.
    Yea, I loved watching that guy run over people. He definitely gave it everything he had. He's paying for it now though, I see him hobbling around Austin every once in while. Played golf with him a few years back. Great guy, very laid back.

My vote is Jerry Jones. What an assclown.

why the hell is jack tatum on their he was an nfl great and probably better with osu. if anybody should be on there it should be Warren Sapp trying to "intimidate" teams by skipping with his blubber.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    why the hell is jack tatum on their he was an nfl great and probably better with osu. if anybody should be on there it should be Warren Sapp trying to "intimidate" teams by skipping with his blubber.
    Perhaps Tatum is on there because after he paralyzed Daryl Stingley - IN A PRE-SEASON GAME - he never visited him in the hospital, never called to say how sorry he was that it happened, never showed any remorse AT ALL for crippling the man.

Yes, hard hits are part of the game - and it was just a freak accident on a legal hit. But he could have still shown the slightest bit of class and reached out to the man.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    Perhaps Tatum is on there because after he paralyzed Daryl Stingley - IN A PRE-SEASON GAME - he never visited him in the hospital, never called to say how sorry he was that it happened, never showed any remorse AT ALL for crippling the man.

Yes, hard hits are part of the game - and it was just a freak accident on a legal hit. But he could have still shown the slightest bit of class and reached out to the man.

=Z=
    EXACTLY -- NO CLASS AT ALL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Alharrissuks91" wrote:

=Z=
    EXACTLY -- NO CLASS AT ALL
    How true. The only time he tried to reach out to Stingley was when he was touting a book he wrote decades later. What an ass.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    i agree with you..

jack tatum was a physical player, and his hit was legal.

it's football, people are going to get hurt.

why should jack tatum apologize for hitting him, he was tackling him

if he apologized, itd be a lie, he wasnt sorry he tackled him.

i'm sure he feels bad about paralyzing him, but he's not the least LIKABLE!!! the

the hey word is LIKABLE!! sure tatum may be a jerk, but that was after he was a footballer that people started hating him caus he wouldnt apologize..

least likable easily is TO because of his off and on the field antics..

jerkiest player, maybe tatum.. least LIKABLE, TO
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Rae Carruth

Killed the mother of his child.

Crippled his own child with his selfish act.

'Nuff said.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    Why isnt God, ahem, I mean Favre number 1?

And wtf is up with Ray Lewis being number 3? That is complete bullsh!t. I say he can talk all he wants as long as he can back it up and guess what, he can.
    :scratch: Geez! You think this has something to do with it?

[size=18px]Arrest for murder[/size]

Lewis's public image was tarnished, however, following a Super Bowl party on January 31, 2000, when he was arrested along with his friends Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting for the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Baker and Lollar were stabbed to death outside a nightclub during a fight in the Buckhead district of Atlanta.

To avoid prosecution of the murder charge, Lewis copped a plea bargain wherein he pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice, and agreed to testify against Oakley and Sweeting. Oakley and Sweeting hired noted Atlanta criminal defense attorneys L. David Wolfe, Bruce Harvey, and Steve Sadow, very high priced legal representation, that some commentators have suggested were paid for by Lewis. They were found not guilty in June, 2000.

No other suspects have ever been arrested for this crime, and to this day, the Atlanta P.D. and D.A.'s office believe that Lewis' associates were guilty, but were unable to make the charges stick. On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, who was born shortly after Lollar's death. The Baltimore Sun reported that Lewis has agreed to pay at least $1 million. The settlement pre-empted a civil trial scheduled to begin on June 14. A suit filed by Baker's family was settled previously for undisclosed terms.

George's Tantrum & leaving college one year early, hardly compare to being involved in murder. Yet people call George a douce-bag. :roll:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i've never heard of that before..

good research singer

good thing we've got our own journalist to get the facts

but seriously, i never knew that
    i m better than you, so just give up...

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

All of them that act like they are going to die when a foul is committed on them and then re-enter the game 30 seconds later!
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234