Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    faninphx is offline Starter

Re: Least likable footballer

I find hard to believe that Deion Sanders is the least likable player in football. As much as I dislike his character, I would never go so far as to say he's talentless or just plain lucky.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    Ryan Leaf was just a joke!!!
    Sad thing is, Ryan Leaf had a better passing percentage (48%) with 11.4% of his passes picked off, than our own Mike McMahon (44%) with 9.2% of his passes picked off.

Yet very few people besides myself are worried about that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Sad thing is, Ryan Leaf had a better passing percentage (48%) with 11.4% of his passes picked off, than our own Mike McMahon (44%) with 9.2% of his passes picked off.

But didn't we allready know that McMahon wasn't the super QB talent that has the potential to become one of the best in the game

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

But didn't we allready know that McMahon wasn't the super QB talent that has the potential to become one of the best in the game
    True, but most don't understand how bad he truely is.

Keep in mind Childress signed him knowing full well how lousy his stats were.

See anybody signing Leaf knowing what his is?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Keep in mind Childress signed him knowing full well how lousey his stats were.

You're right about that. I keep praying he never gets on the field for us.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't know of anyone that isn't concerned about QB depth, just different perspectives. Some think we're screwed with all the QBs this year and others think we'll be ok as long as BJ doesn't go down with injury.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

McMahon is better than his stats indicate. Did you ever watch him play in college? He was a stud. His poor professional stats are more of a reflection of the inferior teams he was on than of his talents, IMHO. Big Johnson is better and I hope we don't have to see McMahon on the field this year, but I think he'll play well if we do need to call upon him at some point this season.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The player I like the least, I'm not supposed to mention anymore, because it tends to start a flamewar. Well, a flame massacre 1 vs 5999, so I won't say it. And I will say that I like Deion, and all of the players on the list are or were excellent players, except for The Boz, and Ryan Leaf, there are many players who are "bad guys" who just have character issues and other things, but people don't write in about them, it's just the ones they're jealous of, and I know they wouldn't complain if they had a defense consisting of Deion, Ray Lewis, Bill Romanowski, Bryan Cox, and Jack Tatum.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]9. Jack Tatum[/size]
    Jack Tatum ended Daryl Stingley's football career and forced him to live in a wheelchair for the rest of his life with one hit -- during the preseason!

While Stingley was battling for his life, nearly every player from both the Patriots and the Raiders visited him and expressed their sorrow -- except for Tatum, the man who made the hit. "The Assassin" never once talked to Stingley about the incident -- until he was promoting his autobiography.

This is one of the many reasons why Tatum has to be, by far, the most despicable football player of all time.
    This guy gets my vote
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

Tatum was a mean mf.

"boognish" wrote:
    ...McMahon is better than his stats indicate. Did you ever watch him play in college? He was a stud...
    Ryan Leaf
    Jim Druckenmiller
    Heath Shuler
    David Klingler
    Tommy Maddox
    Dan McGwire
    Todd Marinovich
    Andre Ware
    ????Mike McMahon????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast