Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lavar Arrington

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Lavar Arrington

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I just wanted to put this out there, probably won't get a lot of comments but.....

Could Lavar be misunderstood?

I think that Lavar has gotten a bad rap over the last few seasons.

He was on NFLTA and Steven A Smith's Quite Frankly in the last week and he seems like a totally different guy than I imagined him to be. Just listening to him talk, seems like he has his head screwed on straight.

He said on Smith's show that "I wasn't one of Gibbs guys, I didn't fit in or I wasn't part of his plan."
    I doubt it, there was a reason he was not playing for a good football coach last season and they bought out his contract. The reason he probably was not one of Gibb's guys because he was not a team player or did not want to put in the time to the learn the defensive system.

He was on the show to put on a sob story and have people feel sorry for him.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

plus he's entering a new team with a tough coach (Coughlin). This is make or break time.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I just wanted to put this out there, probably won't get a lot of comments but.....

Could Lavar be misunderstood?

I think that Lavar has gotten a bad rap over the last few seasons.

He was on NFLTA and Steven A Smith's Quite Frankly in the last week and he seems like a totally different guy than I imagined him to be. Just listening to him talk, seems like he has his head screwed on straight.

He said on Smith's show that "I wasn't one of Gibbs guys, I didn't fit in or I wasn't part of his plan."
    Lavar is a very well-spoken and intelligent individual. That was never the problem.

The problem was that he wouldn't listen to the coaches, wouldn't play within the system, would overrun plays, get out of his lanes and miss his assignments. That's why he wasn't a Joe Gibbs guy.

(Please remember - I lived the last 5 years less than 5 minutes from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA, so I'm not just gathering data from wire reports).

=Z=
    a.k.a. Jeremiah Trotter, but he got to go to honolulu. just throwing it out there. in the defense the eagles run, with 8 guys in the box constantly, he fits in perfectly because blitzing doesnt require finesse and lets you improvise along a general idea of what you're really supposed to do (cause havoc in the backfield).

ajefx is offline Rookie

Lavar was VERY out of shape last season. I'm sure you all saw the Skins-Bucs playoff game last year when he intercepted Chris Simms. Lavar Arrington takes that to the house 2 years ago. In the few Skins games I went to last season, he rarely made an impact (the one instance I can recall was in the Oakland game. The Raiders were on the goal line, and Lavar was standing at the back of the endzone, away from all his teammates. My friends and I were wondering what he was doing back there. Anyway, dumbass Norv Turner decided running the ball was the best option, and Lavar blew up the play in the backfield)
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12