Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavar Arrington

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Lavar Arrington

I just wanted to put this out there, probably won't get a lot of comments but.....

Could Lavar be misunderstood?

I think that Lavar has gotten a bad rap over the last few seasons.

He was on NFLTA and Steven A Smith's Quite Frankly in the last week and he seems like a totally different guy than I imagined him to be. Just listening to him talk, seems like he has his head screwed on straight.

He said on Smith's show that "I wasn't one of Gibbs guys, I didn't fit in or I wasn't part of his plan."

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Lavar Arrington

I agree, in the interviews i have seen he seems like a real down to earth guy. I think he got caught up in a bad situation with the 'skins and somehow he was made out to be the bad guy.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    I agree, in the interviews i have seen he seems like a real down to earth guy. I think he got caught up in a bad situation with the 'skins and somehow he was made out to be the bad guy.
    That can happen when you are injured. You can't get on the field and prove yourself. That seems to me when it all started.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I just wanted to put this out there, probably won't get a lot of comments but.....

He was on NFLTA and Steven A Smith's Quite Frankly in the last week and he seems like a totally different guy than I imagined him to be. Just listening to him talk, seems like he has his head screwed on straight.

He said on Smith's show that "I wasn't one of Gibbs guys, I didn't fit in or I wasn't part of his plan."
    Lavar is a very well-spoken and intelligent individual. That was never the problem.

The problem was that he wouldn't listen to the coaches, wouldn't play within the system, would overrun plays, get out of his lanes and miss his assignments. That's why he wasn't a Joe Gibbs guy.

(Please remember - I lived the last 5 years less than 5 minutes from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA, so I'm not just gathering data from wire reports).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Ya, he probably needs a system that is better for him to have the flex to play like he does.

I could see how missing assignments would make you not a coaches kind of guy.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

He has just had a lot of injuries, and he does his own thing on the field

Thanks PurpleMafia

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

He is probably right with that statement, but you will find that with every team. Just like here, there were some players that weren't "Tice' guys, therefore they didn't get the opportunity that others did.. I never really thought that Arrington was that bad of a guy, but then again, I never really followed him..

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Lavar is a very well-spoken and intelligent individual. That was never the problem.

The problem was that he wouldn't listen to the coaches, wouldn't play within the system, would overrun plays, get out of his lanes and miss his assignments. That's why he wasn't a Joe Gibbs guy.

(Please remember - I lived the last 5 years less than 5 minutes from Redskins Park in Ashburn, VA, so I'm not just gathering data from wire reports).

=Z=
    Your exactly right.

Anyone that has ever seen Lavar Arrington play knows that he is VERY athletic and that's why he was compared to Lawrence Taylor, when he was drafted. But his main problem, is that he's not disciplined. One play he will make an unbelievable tackle, then the next play he will overpurse and miss an easy tackle.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah Lavar is a great athlete. If he gets the system down in NY and follows it he could be elite! Ive always liked the guy and truthfully i never liked Joe Gibbs. Just hate his style of football.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

Lavar is alright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast