NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Lance Briggs crashes Lamborghini

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Nice play by Briggs......

A)Hold out for more money because you think you are not being paid enough
    B)End holdout by signing a 1 year tender that allows you to sign a huge contract next year
    C)Crash your new Lambo, flee the scene and call it in from a remote location

Now the bears and league can...

A)Suspend him

B)Not pay him due to detrimental conduct (7.2 Million)
    C)Send him to the Raiders where he can rot.

Priceless
    While I truly hope the worst for the Bears organization , you also have to take into account that at best Briggs can be charged with is fleeing the scene of an accident, improper lane usage, and failure to report an accident.
    Maybe reckless driving if the accident investigation can determine speed at time of crash (which is not an exact science by any means).
    Probably enough to get him suspended for a game, but not enough to warrant a contract violation.

Plus, have they determined that Briggs was indeed driving?
    I am assuming so (just like I am assuming drugs or alcohol were involved), but those are still just assumptions...

The things you listed may not get him in trouble, but if drugs or alcohol are included then I see it getting worse. While he wasn't running from the cops in the car, driving at a high speed(if he was) can be charged as a felony if laws are like they are in Minny.

One way or the other I am going to promote anything done to him that makes it easier on the Vikings this season.
    Here here.
    I just don't hold any false hope.
    Reckless driving or reckless endangerment and fleeing the scene are pretty much the only things I can think of that he could be charged with right now, and those would get plead out pretty quickly.
    If drugs or alcohol were involved, unless they found them in the car after he ran away, they won't be able to prove anything anymore.
    I predict a one game suspension, probably by the Bears and not the Commish.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    BRIGGS CHARGED IN LAMBORGHINI CRASH

Bears linebacker Lance Briggs has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident following Monday morning's smash-and-sprint involving his brand-new (formerly) Lamborghini.

It's a misdemeanor charge, and it will result in three points for Chicago, once we get around to updating Turd Watch.

Other teams that have picked up points lately include the Bucs, Falcons, and Vikings.

The Briggs charge also allows us to re-set the "days without an arrest" meter, which only made it back to four after nearly hitting 20 last week.
    Only a misdemeanor... Too bad.
    But we can hope that more will come out of it once the accident investigator finishes up...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    BRIGGS CHARGED IN LAMBORGHINI CRASH

Bears linebacker Lance Briggs has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident following Monday morning's smash-and-sprint involving his brand-new (formerly) Lamborghini.

It's a misdemeanor charge, and it will result in three points for Chicago, once we get around to updating Turd Watch.

Other teams that have picked up points lately include the Bucs, Falcons, and Vikings.

The Briggs charge also allows us to re-set the "days without an arrest" meter, which only made it back to four after nearly hitting 20 last week.
    Only a misdemeanor... Too bad.
    But we can hope that more will come out of it once the accident investigator finishes up...
    Not too bad at all.
    That's only about $108,667 per point.
    Ouch.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr." wrote:
    LMAO...wow he was seen running from the car? What an idiot, he was probably drunk as a skunk.He ran away cuz he knew he'd get a DUI and be in even BIGGER trouble.
    Nothing good happens at 3 AM.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10347

LAKE FOREST, Ill (AP) - Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said he panicked after he crashed his new Lamborghini along a highway early Monday morning and initially reported his car stolen after abandoning the mangled vehicle.

Briggs, speaking to reporters after practice on Tuesday, said he called a tow truck after leaving the scene and then reported his car was stolen.
    "When it happened, the first thing I did was, obviously, I panicked," Briggs said. "I didn't want there to be a big scene there. And so I left the scene. When I left, I called the tow truck. I also was startled, and I called to report that my car was stolen. Within probably 10 minutes, I called back and accepted responsibility for what I did because it was ridiculous in the first place."

Illinois police found the abandoned vehicle, which had hit a light pole and a concrete bridge support, alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side around 3:15 a.m.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...PHCP&GT1=10347

LAKE FOREST, Ill (AP) - Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said he panicked after he crashed his new Lamborghini along a highway early Monday morning and initially reported his car stolen after abandoning the mangled vehicle.

Briggs, speaking to reporters after practice on Tuesday, said he called a tow truck after leaving the scene and then reported his car was stolen.
    "When it happened, the first thing I did was, obviously, I panicked," Briggs said. "I didn't want there to be a big scene there. And so I left the scene. When I left, I called the tow truck. I also was startled, and I called to report that my car was stolen. Within probably 10 minutes, I called back and accepted responsibility for what I did because it was ridiculous in the first place."

Illinois police found the abandoned vehicle, which had hit a light pole and a concrete bridge support, alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side around 3:15 a.m.

It's a dead giveaway that you are lying and probably drunk when you call the tow truck before you report the car stolen.
    I seriously think this should result in a suspension.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

ALLEGEDLY he crashed his lamborghini. No one was o th escene to verify this. However I am sure it was him, until proven guilty he is innocent my good sir.

Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    ALLEGEDLY he crashed his lamborghini. No one was o th escene to verify this. However I am sure it was him, until proven guilty he is innocent my good sir.
    Ummm. Nope.
    He admitted he was the one who crashed it... Pretty much kills the allegedly issue.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

tisk.....tisk.....tisk. I wonder what the Real story behind all this is.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

suspension just for all vikings games for the rest of his career. thats what i want
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast