Thread: L.T. MVP

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: L.T. MVP

Best RB in NFL history.. For real

One Love

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

He flat out deserved it... He had one hell of a season, and he is not even done yet..

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    [img width=160 height=262]http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/classic/2001/0110/photo/s_payton_i.jpg[/img]

That is the best RB in NFL history.
    For real.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L

I think by the end of L.T's career we will be saying L.T is the best

Didn't he jump from like 42nd to 14th in career touchdowns? In like his 5th year or something like that?

He can pass better then Eli Manning too

But yah, it is a little premature to crown him the best.. But in the next 5 years people will concider him the best im sure

One Love

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"V4L" wrote:

One Love
    I don't know if I would say the best in NFL history, thoughI bet its very debatable, but he has to be up there.
    I'd say best of this generation for sure.

"V4L" wrote:
    Walter Payton played almost his entire career on horrible teams and still managed to stack up all-time great numbers.
    He was the most devastating blocker on the Bears, never shied from a hit, didn't run out-of-bounds and was the only weapon the Bears had, so they schemed to stop him and couldn't.

LT has some similar qualities and is the kind of man I would want my daughter to date (if she was allowed to date).
    He's got a better team around him than Payton had in any year except '85, that's for sure.

If I were starting a franchise, he'd be my #1 pick of current players.

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [img width=160 height=262]http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/classic/2001/0110/photo/s_payton_i.jpg[/img]

That is the best RB in NFL history.
    For real.

=Z=
    LT may end up the best of all time, especially if he wins a Super Bowl. If he puts up numbers for the next 4-6 years like he did in his first 6, he'll have surpassed Walter Payton and Emmitt easily statistically, not to mention the fact that he would blow both of them away in the receiving department. I could definately see him becoming the greatest ever.

Aside from that, I think this guy: [img width=321 height=396]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/ltrey33/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

is the best ever.

V4L

I wouldn't say LT has a better team.. It's debateble..

Alot of people concider the 85 bears one of the best ever

LT has had a pretty mediocure line until this year.. Last year was ok.. Before that was just horrible

He had Drew Brees.. But he had 1 good year in San Diego

No WR's there.. So they constintly stacked the box on LT

But yah right now.. Payton gets the nod.. In the future.. I'd go LT POSSIBLY.. He's my second pick right now cuz he has so many dimensions to his game

One Love

"Ltrey" wrote:
    LT may end up the best of all time, especially if he wins a Super Bowl. If he puts up numbers for the next 4-6 years like he did in his first 6, he'll have surpassed Walter Payton and Emmitt easily statistically, not to mention the fact that he would blow both of them away in the receiving department. I could definately see him becoming the greatest ever.
    Looking closely at LT's numbers, aside from 2003, his receiving numbers are fairly comparable to Payton's.
    Walter finished his career with 492 catches - he wasn't a slouch from the back-field with the receptions.

As to Barry Sanders - when his father says that Jimmy Brown is the best of all-time, then I think I'm gonna listen to him a bit.
    I put Sanders 3rd on the list behind Payton and Brown (and I never saw Brown play).

I witnessed enough of both Sanders and Payton to know that I would rather have had Payton in his prime than Sanders.
    That's just my opinion.

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Walter Payton played almost his entire career on horrible teams and still managed to stack up all-time great numbers.
    He was the most devastating blocker on the Bears, never shied from a hit, didn't run out-of-bounds and was the only weapon the Bears had, so they schemed to stop him and couldn't.

LT has some similar qualities and is the kind of man I would want my daughter to date (if she was allowed to date).
    He's got a better team around him than Payton had in any year except '85, that's for sure.

If I were starting a franchise, he'd be my #1 pick of current players.

=Z=
    If LT carries on the way he has been in terms of production and attitude then they could well be a case to say, when he retires, that he was on the same level as Payton. I'm not convinced that it would be possible to try and split the two at that stage.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast