CVGVIKE is offline Pro-Bowler

Kurt Warner a Giant

I saw on the NFL Network that Kurt Warner has agreed to a deal with the Giants. Looks like they're trying to keep Manning on his toes..lol.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Kurt Warner a Giant

grrrrr... I just read on NFL.com that as of right now, Jesse Palmer is the starter for the giants... he may not be for long though. I was really looking forward to having manning be the QB when we play them on halloween so he better be the starter by then!

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Kurt Warner a Giant

isn't ironic how warner signed with the team that probably costed him the starting job on the opening day of last season?

they sacked like 7 times and made him fumble 6 times and now he joins them ... lol

AlphaRam is offline Waterboy

Kurt Warner a Giant

I sure hated to see Warner leave.....I think he still has some gas left in the tank.
    [img:b2a033ed80]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/2004541315827084802666.jpg[/img:b2a033ed80]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Kurt Warner a Giant

"AlphaRam" wrote:
    I sure hated to see Warner leave.....I think he still has some gas left in the tank.
    why did you hate to see him leave??? He lost you guys the last 7 games he started and cant adjust as well as bulger when the blitz is on. Bulger is more of a scrambler, while Warner succumbs to the blitzes too often.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

AlphaRam is offline Waterboy

Kurt Warner a Giant

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "AlphaRam" wrote:
    why did you hate to see him leave??? He lost you guys the last 7 games he started and cant adjust as well as bulger when the blitz is on. Bulger is more of a scrambler, while Warner succumbs to the blitzes too often.
    The first of those seven games was the Super Bowl.....our D could not keep the Pats from driving into FG range...thus Warner doesn't get full blame for that loss. Also, Martz should have run Faulk more.

In the loss to the Giants, our O-line was in lala land and they let Warner get hit excessively. Still, Warner threw for 342 yards in that game.....not too shabby for a guy with a concussion.

I like Bulger, as well. It's just hard to see Warner be run off the way he was after what he did for the Rams organization.
    [img:b2a033ed80]http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/2004541315827084802666.jpg[/img:b2a033ed80]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Kurt Warner a Giant

"AlphaRam" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "AlphaRam" wrote:
    The first of those seven games was the Super Bowl.....our D could not keep the Pats from driving into FG range...thus Warner doesn't get full blame for that loss. Also, Martz should have run Faulk more.

In the loss to the Giants, our O-line was in lala land and they let Warner get hit excessively. Still, Warner threw for 342 yards in that game.....not too shabby for a guy with a concussion.

I like Bulger, as well. It's just hard to see Warner be run off the way he was after what he did for the Rams organization.
    STill yet though, one of warners pick led to seven new england points. ALthough the loss was not all on him, he does deserve some blame for one of his seven losses while as a starter. I think he could have done more in that superbowl besides the fact that you didnt run faulk enough.

Its more then that one giant game, it was also during the 2002 season he had trouble as well. When bulger stepped right in, no problem for him. He only loss like 2-3 games as a starter.

But i guess if you lose a one time mvp, you gotta be sad to see him leave.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Re: Kurt Warner a Giant

"CVGVIKE" wrote:
    I saw on the NFL Network that Kurt Warner has agreed to a deal with the Giants. Looks like they're trying to keep Manning on his toes..lol.

Are you guys kidding me? Manning, Palmer? These guys are kids
    not even close to starting. The best move the Giants made in the past 5 years is unloading Collins and getting Warner. Warner is the starter
    and will start all 16 games unless he gets injured. Have another Beer!