V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Kudos to Fred Taylor

My biggest gripe with the NFL these days is that teams are too hard pressed with FA and cannot afford to keep their special players. Seeing Emmit Smith with the Cardinals, and Cris Carter in Miami isn't right. Teams can't afford to hold on to thier stars based on what a particular player has done for them in the past. It is all too money driven.

This is why I have a ton of respect for Fred Taylor, who was drafted by Jacksonville with the 9th pick in 98 and has just signed a three-year extension. He has hopes of retiring when his contract is done. I think that is just totally awesome. It's something that doesn't happen anymore, but should happen all the time.

Fred Taylor rocks.

=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj2cA8MsnPS8kYj6oEPCMWj.uLYF?slug=jaguar staylor&prov=st&type=lgns
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kudos to Fred Taylor

"V-Unit" wrote:
    My biggest gripe with the BFL these days is that teams are too hard pressed with FA and cannot afford to keep their special players. Seeing Emmit Smith with the Cardinals, and Cris Carter in Miami isn't right. Teams can't afford to hold on to thier stars based on what a particular player has done for them in the past. It is all too money driven.

This is why I have a ton of respect for Fred Taylor, who was drafted by Jacksonville with the 9th pick in 98 and has just signed a three-year extension. He has hopes of retiring when his contract is done. I think that is just totally awesome. It's something that doesn't happen anymore, but should happen all the time.

Fred Taylor rocks.

=http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj2cA8MsnPS8kYj6oEPCMWj.uLYF?slug=jaguar staylor&prov=st&type=lgns
    :'( :'( :'( :'(