Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Koren Robinson works out with the Pack.

This could be a great move by K-rob.
    He will blend in very well with all of the other drunks driving around so his chances of a repeat offense will be greatly reduced.

But for his career it would not be a good move. How many packers receivers have even gone for 2 straight years without Farve getting them laid out with one of his " I can't believe he got that ball in there before the defender could get it" throws that end with the receiver being ceremonially carted off the field on a stretcher. That would drive me to drink on it's own.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

The pack are sighning everyplayer that will help them reach a record of over -0-16 (wich is how many games i c them winning this year) even if those players have runnins with the law and are distractions! i read on si.com that the pack has reached a tentative deal with bill romanawski (bcuz he threatened to head butt brett favre if they didnt sighn him) and have reportedly reached a trade agreement to send jamal and ray lewis from the ravens under threats of murder and mass stabbings....

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Not a bad move by the Pack. He will be SO cheap. He has loads of talent. Just don't be surprise if he is not there at the end.

I hear his signing bonus would consist of a Case of Wine and a Block of Cheese..

;D
    haha thats a good one Ned!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

let them have him, he'll only be there through october after his court appearance, then they'll be stuck with him for another year on suspension

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted September 6, 2006

[size=13pt]Pete Barth column: Troubled WR not answer for Packers[/size]

According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, troubled wide receiver Koren Robinson – late of the Vikings – was recently in Packers camp and could soon sign with Green Bay.

If true, that's disappointing news. While the Packers need playmakers, they don't need troubled souls. This isn't a case of a team taking a chance on an attractive final piece to a nearly completed puzzle.

This is just drama a young, rebuilding team doesn't need.

Quick review: Robinson served a four-game suspension while with Seattle in 2004 for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. In 2005, he pleaded guilty to DUI while still with the Seahawks. They released him, but he seemed to turn his life around in Minnesota during a strong season.

Unfortunately, last month, he was arrested for drunken driving and fleeing police in Minneapolis. The Vikings wisely cut bait.

Few of us can understand how someone can jeopardize such a bright future – especially after turning the corner as Robinson seemingly did.

Here's hoping he gets his life together once and for all.

But whatever the reasons for his pattern of relapses, the Packers aren't in position to take on the Koren Robinson reclamation project. They've already got enough problems to fix.

Reach Pete Barth at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Packers | Driver would welcome K. Robinson to the team
    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 05:30:07 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver would welcome free agent WR Koren Robinson (Vikings) to the team, should the Packers decide to sign him. "He's a good kid," Driver said. "I know he can play the game. I don't know too much about Koren, but I know he is a good player. We only have four wides (receivers) on the active roster." It won't be known for a while whether Robinson will be suspended, but Packers' general manager Ted Thompson, who drafted Robinson in 2001 when he was with the Seattle Seahawks, wanted to see where the talented receiver and returner was in his life. Thompson would not reveal anything about his conversation with Robinson and would not say if the Packers are interested in signing him. Driver said Robinson would not be a threat to the camaraderie of the receivers and would be coming to an environment where his peer group is mostly family men.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    Not a bad move by the Pack. He will be SO cheap. He has loads of talent. Just don't be surprise if he is not there at the end.

I hear his signing bonus would consist of a Case of Wine and a Block of Cheese..

;D
    More like a Case of WHINE and some BLOCKHEADS with cheese on their heads!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

How sad are the Packers?Packer fans...how sad is it? To root for a team who brings in players who clearly dont deserve to be in the NFL.Just wait till you resign him, and hes gone for the year.Then comes back only to suck becuz thats what Packer players do.They Suck.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

How many times are you gonna get bitten before you say enough is enough.
    The guy has had plenty of chances, and he's screwed them all up.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Packers | Driver would welcome K. Robinson to the team
    Am I the only one that found that to be funny?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast