Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Koren Robinson works out with the Pack.

Monday Night Countdown reported that the Packers are working out WR Koren Robinson. ..lol
    ???

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: I don't believe it!

was about to post this myself and thought I better check this first

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9638511

Koren has made some bad decisions and this is what he is left with

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can pick yourself up, my question is, is being pick up by the pack the worst or being shunned by the pack

Prophet Guest

How many times do you have to hit rock bottom before you do something about it?
    Packers are grasping at straws, anything to potentially get above a few wins.
    I also heard that they are thinking about signing Bill Brown.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

It would be a huge help if the title of the thread kinda told us what the thread was about.
    That way we should not have 100 of these.

Something like:
    I don't believe it, Koren to the Pack.

Feel free to edit the title.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Koren Robinson works out with the Pack.

Thanks for the edit UDV

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Let them sign him.. 2 reasons why he won't do sh!t in GB..

1. He will most likely be suspended for the entire season..

2. He has a piece of crap QB in Brett Favre..

Need I say more?

Prophet Guest

[url=http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/]Koren with cheese?[/url]
    Monday, September 4th, 2006
    by Kevin Seifert

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is reporting that former Vikings receiver Koren Robinson took an official visit to Green Bay today.

The Packers, and GM Ted Thompson in particular, are long-time suitors of Robinson. Thompson and fellow Packers front-office type John Schneider helped draft Robinson in 2001 when they were with Seattle. Last September, Thompson tried to sign Robinson when the Vikings briefly released him in a roster management move.

The Journal-Sentinel (www.jsonline.com) does not speculate how strongly the Packers are pursuing him. But even though there has been speculation that Robinson faces a year-long suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy, he technically remains eligible to sign the Packers or anyone else.

The Vikings cut Robinson last month, 10 days after his arrest for drunken driving and fleeing police in St. Peter. He also faces possible jail time in Kirkland, Wash., for violating probation from a DUI there in May 2005. Robinson has an October court date to begin those proceedings.

==================================

Packers visit with Koren Robinson
    MONDAY, Sept. 4, 2006, 5:49 p.m.
    By Tom Silverstein

Green Bay Even though he is facing a possible one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse program, the Green Bay Packers brought in wide receiver Koren Robinson for a visit late Sunday.

According to an NFL source, the Packers registered his visit with the NFL, which they are required to do so that all the other teams in the league are aware of it. The degree of interest the Packers have in Robinson is unknown, but because the former Seattle and Minnesota receiver has not been suspended yet he is free to talk to teams.

General manager Ted Thompson and personnel analyst John Schneider were both in Seattle when Robinson was scouted and eventually selected with the No. 9 pick in the 2001 draft. After Robinson was cut from the Seahawks and then the Vikings last year, the Packers made a push to get him signed.

He ended up re-signing with the Vikings and made the Pro Bowl last year as a kick returner.

The Packers have a need at both wide receiver and kick returner and might be interested in signing him now or in the future. However, they will have to consider his battles with alcohol, which landed him in the substance abuse program.

Robinson has had numerous alcohol-related problems and was suspended for four games in 2004 for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Seattle released him after the '04 season and after spending time in an alcohol treatment facility in North Carolina, the Vikings signed him.

He had a solid year for the Vikings and received a three-year, $12.7 million contract from the team in the off-season. However, on Aug. 15, he was caught driving 100 mph in a 55 mph zone on his way back to the team's training camp in Mankato, Minn.

Robinson refused to stop and was eventually arrested. His blood-alcohol content was measured by the police at 0.11 percent. The Vikings cut him Aug. 26.

Because his arrest might be a third violation of the league's policy, Robinson faces a one-year suspension. However, he will be able to appeal if the league chooses to do so and for the time being he is eligible to play.

he has not a chance to stay in the league, a 1 years suspension is very very likely!

If the pack sign him, and he gets suspended, I will forever laugh at that franchize!
    (As if I havent been already! (lol))

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

why hasnt the suspension already taken place? they were in a hurry to kick onterrio smith out of the league, so where is korens suspension?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

this just in..the green bay packers are also attempting to bring back mark chmura
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast