Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
Koren Robinson suspended for 1 year - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Koren Robinson suspended for 1 year

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think the Pack figured that a decent player for a few weeks was better than a crappy player for the whole season.
    I thought it was a questionable move when it happened, but I guess when your team is that bad you need to do whatever you can to try and get a W.

I thought Brett said he had all the talent he needed in preseason?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"minvikes01" wrote:
    Finally, I've been waiting for him to get suspended.
    We made him our number one reciever, a change he would've never got anywhere else, and he decided to drink and drive and screw up his career once again.
    It's all on him.
    I hope he doesn't get another chance in the NFL.

I couldn't agree with you more.. He knew what was at stake if he were to go in that direction again.. He deserves everything he gets, and I really do hope he gets a stiff sentence in Minnesota.. He was on probation for the same crap that he got busted for, and he wasn't supposed to consume alcohol as part of his probation.. He should be sentenced to prison for at least 1 year..

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "minvikes01" wrote:
    Finally, I've been waiting for him to get suspended.
    We made him our number one reciever, a change he would've never got anywhere else, and he decided to drink and drive and screw up his career once again.
    It's all on him.
    I hope he doesn't get another chance in the NFL.

I couldn't agree with you more.. He knew what was at stake if he were to go in that direction again.. He deserves everything he gets, and I really do hope he gets a stiff sentence in Minnesota.. He was on probation for the same crap that he got busted for, and he wasn't supposed to consume alcohol as part of his probation.. He should be sentenced to prison for at least 1 year..

I agree with you guys that Koren deserves what he got, but he will always get another chance as long he is still in football shape.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 8:38 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:10 p.m. EDT, October 18, 2006

FAVRE TAKES UP FOR THE BOOZE HOUND

In Brett Favre's world, it's not okay for a receiver who is under contract to hold out.
    But it apparently is okay for a receiver to drive more than 100 miles per hour in order to avoid getting busted by the cops on yet another DUI rap.

Favre said on Wednesday that he doesn't understand why the league won't allow receiver Koren Robinson to hang out with the team or work out at the facility while he's on suspension for a year due to his latest violation of the substance abuse policy.

But, Brett, the issue here is that the rules created through collective bargaining between the NFL and the NFLPA require a minimum banishment of one year due to Robinson's chronic inability to follow the rules.
    The league didn't simply dictate this; it's a provision that the NFL and the paid representatives of the players agreed to.

Yeah, Robinson has a disease.
    But his disease can manifest itself in ways that can harm his team, the league, and other persons.
    So if a player can't or won't get proper treatment for the disease, and if he can't prove on a consistent basis that the disease won't result in, for example, the player showing up drunk at a game and punching a referee in the face, then the player is medically and physically unfit to be on the field, on the sidelines, or in the building.

What if, for example, Robinson is permitted to work out at the facility for the next year, and he shows up on a day in April fully lubricated and drops a 45-pound plate on A.J. Hawk's potato face while Hawk is laying on the bench?

It's nothing personal against Robinson or any other alcoholic who plays football.
    But the reality is that, after the player has failed on repeated occasions to adhere to the requirements of the rules to which the NFLPA agreed, he must suffer the consequences.

He's not fit to be in the league.
    Period.
    It's no different that a guy who can't catch a pass or won't take a hit.
    There's something in Robinson's overall mind and body that makes it a bad idea for the league to continue to provide him with employment.

Unlike a guy who can't catch a pass or won't take a hit, Robinson gets yet another chance.
    If he can stay clean for a year, he can come back.

=============
    NFL Notebook: Favre rips league for Robinson reaction
    Thursday, October 19, 2006
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    POSTED 8:38 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:10 p.m. EDT, October 18, 2006

FAVRE TAKES UP FOR THE BOOZE HOUND

In Brett Favre's world, it's not okay for a receiver who is under contract to hold out.
    But it apparently is okay for a receiver to drive more than 100 miles per hour in order to avoid getting busted by the cops on yet another DUI rap.

Favre said on Wednesday that he doesn't understand why the league won't allow receiver Koren Robinson to hang out with the team or work out at the facility while he's on suspension for a year due to his latest violation of the substance abuse policy.

But, Brett, the issue here is that the rules created through collective bargaining between the NFL and the NFLPA require a minimum banishment of one year due to Robinson's chronic inability to follow the rules.
    The league didn't simply dictate this; it's a provision that the NFL and the paid representatives of the players agreed to.

Yeah, Robinson has a disease.
    But his disease can manifest itself in ways that can harm his team, the league, and other persons.
    So if a player can't or won't get proper treatment for the disease, and if he can't prove on a consistent basis that the disease won't result in, for example, the player showing up drunk at a game and punching a referee in the face, then the player is medically and physically unfit to be on the field, on the sidelines, or in the building.

What if, for example, Robinson is permitted to work out at the facility for the next year, and he shows up on a day in April fully lubricated and drops a 45-pound plate on A.J. Hawk's potato face while Hawk is laying on the bench?

It's nothing personal against Robinson or any other alcoholic who plays football.
    But the reality is that, after the player has failed on repeated occasions to adhere to the requirements of the rules to which the NFLPA agreed, he must suffer the consequences.

He's not fit to be in the league.
    Period.
    It's no different that a guy who can't catch a pass or won't take a hit.
    There's something in Robinson's overall mind and body that makes it a bad idea for the league to continue to provide him with employment.

Unlike a guy who can't catch a pass or won't take a hit, Robinson gets yet another chance.
    If he can stay clean for a year, he can come back.

=============
    NFL Notebook: Favre rips league for Robinson reaction
    Thursday, October 19, 2006
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

What better way to rehab than being around a football team of young rich players that party, sure that is the best way to handle it Brett!
    Oh ya your Vicodin order is ready to be picked up!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

GOOD! I wish him well and all, but the guy f**ked up and theres no excuse for it.How much more stupid do the packers look now?I heard K-Rob's agent was shocked the NFL did this so "fast".Are you kidding me? You know the rules, one more strike and it was a year.Sorry K-Rob, nighty nighty keep your bumhole tight.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

marantzo is offline Rookie

I take it that Robinson was making 1 mil plus. Why isn't someone in his position smart enough to hire a driver for crying out loud?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Brett .... STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

KFFL
    Packers | Robinson’s contract also suspended
    Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:42:16 -0700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Demovsky, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson was suspended for one year due to a violation of the league's substance abuse policy and according to NFL policy; Robinson's contract has been suspended as well. Since Robinson signed a two-year contract with the club earlier this year, he will remain under contract through 2008 since his deal has technically been placed on hold.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast