Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    On a serious note,
    I'de at least find out what he has to say and see where he is at in his recovery, that is if he's accepted his disease and is dealing with it properly.


    Like posted earlier, why not?
    JA has been given 3 chances now....Why not KRob?....
    JA has only been suspended once to the best of my knowledge, and that suspension was shortened to two games instead of four.
    KoRo has flunked out of the substance abuse program three times, hence the final year long suspension.

    Plus, Jared Allen has - to the best of my knowledge - only had two DUIs.

    Simply put, Allen is in the same spot that KoRo was when he came to Minnesota.
    KoRo was given the exact same chance as Allen is now, but he blew it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    On a serious note,
    I'de at least find out what he has to say and see where he is at in his recovery, that is if he's accepted his disease and is dealing with it properly.



    Like posted earlier, why not?
    JA has been given 3 chances now....Why not KRob?....
    JA has only been suspended once to the best of my knowledge, and that suspension was shortened to two games instead of four.
    KoRo has flunked out of the substance abuse program three times, hence the final year long suspension.

    Plus, Jared Allen has - to the best of my knowledge - only had two DUIs.

    Simply put, Allen is in the same spot that KoRo was when he came to Minnesota.
    KoRo was given the exact same chance as Allen is now, but he blew it.
    Allen has had 3 DUIs. He had 2 in 2006 alone
    !
    The reason why Allen is a viking and Koren isn't is because Allen is a the top of his game. Had Koren put up 23 tds like Moss did, I promise you he wouldn't have gotten cut. Performance is almost always job security.

    I don't understand the hate for players that leave this team. I don't understand the hate for Randy Moss. His last games were on a serverly sprained ankle in the playoffs. He didn't ask to be traded either. Koren had a problem with substance abuse but He did anything he could to stay off the booze. He was just weak. Don't tell me Allen is some superhero because he had 3 DUIs his damn self. Koren's Duis were spread out over the years which tell me he tried to fix the issue and had a weakness. However, 2 in 006 tells me Allen didn't care, he got caught and went right back to Drinking. Why can't we treat ex players with some respect?

  3. #23
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,234

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    On a serious note,
    I'de at least find out what he has to say and see where he is at in his recovery, that is if he's accepted his disease and is dealing with it properly.


    Like posted earlier, why not?
    JA has been given 3 chances now....Why not KRob?....
    JA has only been suspended once to the best of my knowledge, and that suspension was shortened to two games instead of four.
    KoRo has flunked out of the substance abuse program three times, hence the final year long suspension.

    Plus, Jared Allen has - to the best of my knowledge - only had two DUIs.

    Simply put, Allen is in the same spot that KoRo was when he came to Minnesota.
    KoRo was given the exact same chance as Allen is now, but he blew it.
    Allen has had 3 DUIs. He had 2 in 2006 alone
    !
    The reason why Allen is a viking and Koren isn't is because Allen is a the top of his game. Had Koren put up 23 tds like Moss did, I promise you he wouldn't have gotten cut. Performance is almost always job security.

    I don't understand the hate for players that leave this team. I don't understand the hate for Randy Moss. His last games were on a serverly sprained ankle in the playoffs. He didn't ask to be traded either. Koren had a problem with substance abuse but He did anything he could to stay off the booze. He was just weak. Don't tell me Allen is some superhero because he had 3 DUIs his damn self. Koren's Duis were spread out over the years which tell me he tried to fix the issue and had a weakness. However, 2 in 006 tells me Allen didn't care, he got caught and went right back to Drinking. Why can't we treat ex players with some respect?
    Koren had a DUI and highspeed chase in MN, after he was on the team, he was cut. Jared came here a recovering alcoholic and has yet to do anything wrong, so he is still on the team. We didn't cut Koren for his past we cut him for what he did while he was here.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    OK anyone who seriously wants to pick this guy up needs to think about it for a second.
    There's a good reason the Seahawks cut this guy.
    There's a good reason WE cut this guy.
    And I'm sure there's a good reason why the Packqueers cut this guy too.

    We don't need this cancer on our team.
    Let the freakin Cowgirls pick him up, that's what they seem to be good at lately.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

  5. #25
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    OK anyone who seriously wants to pick this guy up needs to think about it for a second.
    There's a good reason the Seahawks cut this guy.
    There's a good reason WE cut this guy.
    And I'm sure there's a good reason why the Packqueers cut this guy too.

    We don't need this cancer on our team.
    Let the freakin Cowgirls pick him up, that's what they seem to be good at lately.
    The guys not a cancer. The guy just had an issue with alcohol. I wager he had less DUIs than Allen.

  6. #26
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    Koren had his chance while on the team....here is my deal.....If i were to make 1 mil a year there are plenty of pinheads like me that would like to hang in the general area of him at 50k a year or so to be at his beg and call when he is going to drink to get his ass home. It is that simple. If ur going to drink and u dont have a lic, hey dont cahnce it just hire an idiot likeme......HINT HINT! I will work cheat when ur making millions to drag ur butts home when ur dumb and drunk...... The prob is they are too cheap but turns out too stupid to pay that money to save thir jobs.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  7. #27
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    OK anyone who seriously wants to pick this guy up needs to think about it for a second.
    There's a good reason the Seahawks cut this guy.
    There's a good reason WE cut this guy.
    And I'm sure there's a good reason why the Packqueers cut this guy too.

    We don't need this cancer on our team.
    Let the freakin Cowgirls pick him up, that's what they seem to be good at lately.
    The guys not a cancer. The guy just had an issue with alcohol. I wager he had less DUIs than Allen.
    Its one thing to quit drinking and its another to be told to stop drinking...

    Allen quit drinking...

    Koren was told by his PO that he couldnt drink, and then still drank

  8. #28
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    On a serious note,
    I'de at least find out what he has to say and see where he is at in his recovery, that is if he's accepted his disease and is dealing with it properly.


    Like posted earlier, why not?
    JA has been given 3 chances now....Why not KRob?....
    JA has only been suspended once to the best of my knowledge, and that suspension was shortened to two games instead of four.
    KoRo has flunked out of the substance abuse program three times, hence the final year long suspension.

    Plus, Jared Allen has - to the best of my knowledge - only had two DUIs.

    Simply put, Allen is in the same spot that KoRo was when he came to Minnesota.
    KoRo was given the exact same chance as Allen is now, but he blew it.
    Allen has had 3 DUIs. He had 2 in 2006 alone !
    The reason why Allen is a viking and Koren isn't is because Allen is a the top of his game. Had Koren put up 23 tds like Moss did, I promise you he wouldn't have gotten cut. Performance is almost always job security.

    I don't understand the hate for players that leave this team. I don't understand the hate for Randy Moss. His last games were on a serverly sprained ankle in the playoffs. He didn't ask to be traded either. Koren had a problem with substance abuse but He did anything he could to stay off the booze. He was just weak. Don't tell me Allen is some superhero because he had 3 DUIs his gol 'darnit self. Koren's Duis were spread out over the years which tell me he tried to fix the issue and had a weakness. However, 2 in 006 tells me Allen didn't care, he got caught and went right back to Drinking. Why can't we treat ex players with some respect?
    OK, you keep saying that, but I can't find anything anywhere that confirms it.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2851494
    http://www.arrowheadpride.com/story/2006/9/30/983/45836
    http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/nfl/2006/09/29/rumor-confirmed-jared-allen-gets-tagged-with-2nd-dui/
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/730415/kansas_city_chiefs_jared_allen_traded.html

    All of them talk about his 2 DUIs in 2006, but none of them ever mention a third.
    In fact, the NFL substance abuse policy dictates a year suspension for the third DUI in a ten year period.
    SO the fact that he was suspended to four (shortened to two) tells me that there is only two.

    If you have a link anywhere reporting that he has three DUIs, please post it.

    And for the record, jessejames09 hit the nail on the head.
    KoRo wasn't cut because of anything he did in the past.
    He was cut because of what he did while on the Vikings.
    Allen, in his short time in purple, has done nothing wrong.

    EDIT: I finally found a link.
    Allen got a DUI in 2002 as well.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/730415/kansas_city_chiefs_jared_allen_traded.html

    I'll still put more money on Allen staying sober than KoRo.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    OK anyone who seriously wants to pick this guy up needs to think about it for a second.
    There's a good reason the Seahawks cut this guy.
    There's a good reason WE cut this guy.
    And I'm sure there's a good reason why the Packqueers cut this guy too.

    We don't need this cancer on our team.
    Let the freakin Cowgirls pick him up, that's what they seem to be good at lately.
    The guys not a cancer. The guy just had an issue with alcohol. I wager he had less DUIs than Allen.
    I'll take you up on that wager.
    I say that he has as many DUIs than Allen.
    I also say that he has more alcohol related incidents than Allen.
    What should the winner get?

    KoRo has two DUIs - the one in Seattle in 2005 and the one in Minnesota in 2006.
    Plus he had a previous four game suspension from the NFL in 2004 due to violations of the substance abuse policy.

    EDIT: See my above post.
    Allen also had a DUI in 2002 - before he was in the NFL.
    Koren Robinson had some off the field issues in college as well.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Koren Robinson to be cut

    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    I'll still put more money on Allen staying sober than KoRo.
    What makes you say that.........just a warm fuzzy?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Koren Robinson: 'Ask For Help'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
  2. Koren Robinson,26
    By Tanner_QBRB8 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
  3. koren robinson
    By SeattleFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:45 AM
  4. Koren Robinson at QB
    By DPep11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 10:35 PM
  5. Koren Robinson
    By muchluv4smoot in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 01:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •