Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Kolb To AZ Weakens Chances Of Fitz Coming Home

Kolb To Arizona Would Weaken Chances Of Fitzgerald Coming Home

http://thevikingage.com/2011/07/23/kolb-to-arizona-would-weaken-chances-of-fitzgerald-coming-home/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kolb To AZ Weakens Chances Of Fitz Coming Home

Going to be an interesting year for my backup plan. Going to be fun to watch.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Kolb isn't that proven IMHO he could very well be the next Matt Lienart for all we know.

I still say we get him next year.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101715
    Kolb isn't that proven IMHO he could very well be the next Matt Lienart for all we know.

I agree with you 100% on that one. Don't know where people think he's so damn valuable & worth the kind of compensation he was demanding.

He's started a mere 7 games in his career, won only 3 of them (Lions, KC & Jacksonville) Thrown 14 INT's to 11 TD's & is all over the map on consistency.

He's far from proven IMO.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1101718

I agree with you 100% on that one. Don't know where people think he's so damn valuable & worth the kind of compensation he was demanding.

He's started a mere 7 games in his career, won only 3 of them (Lions, KC & Jacksonville) Thrown 14 INT's to 11 TD's & is all over the map on consistency.

How does one get proven?

Anyone who doesn't think Kolb is going to be good has obviously missed 300 yard games, abiliites that contribute to those games such as mobility in the pocket, pocket awareness, a quick release, ability to read a defense.

All this kid needs is time and then I guess you will probably say he is proven.

One thing to watch, however, Kolb comes from a 3 and out passing game. The Cards run more of a "Vertical" passing threat. Dukes and
    Faulk (and company) on NFLN were talking about the adjustment he will have to make to that scheme.

Interesting discussion and never once did the word "proven" come up. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101751

How does one get proven?

Anyone who doesn't think Kolb is going to be good has obviously missed 300 yard games, abiliites that contribute to those games such as mobility in the pocket, pocket awareness, a quick release, ability to read a defense.

One thing to watch, however, Kolb comes from a 3 and out passing game. The Cards run more of a "Vertical" passing threat. Dukes and
    Faulk (and company) on NFLN were talking about the adjustment he will have to make to that scheme.

A lot of QBs throw a couple of 300+ yard games.

Don Majkowski threw 6 of them in 1 year. Tell me Marty, how well did his career pan out?

Nothing wrong with taking a chance on Kolb, but to give up a 2nd & Cromartie is a huge risk. Overpaid IMO

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1101778

How does one get proven?

Don Majkowski threw 6 of them in 1 year. Tell me Marty, how well did his career pan out?

Nothing wrong with taking a chance on Kolb, but to give up a 2nd & Cromartie is a huge risk. Overpaid IMO
    I hear ya my friend and almost agree, however, as with all points, there is another side, i.e. Schaub. Cassell falls in that catagory as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101780

How does one get proven?

I hear ya my friend and almost agree, however, as with all points, there is another side, i.e. Schaub. Cassell falls in that catagory as well.
    Cassel was traded for only a 2nd round pick after winning 10 games out of 15 starts in 2008.

Schaub was traded for essentially 2 second round picks and had

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1101790
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1101780

How does one get proven?

Cassel was traded for only a 2nd round pick after winning 10 games out of 15 starts in 2008.

Schaub was traded for essentially 2 second round picks and had
    But were they considered proven when traded? I think the answer by most would be no, so again I ask, when is anyone really considered proven and how do you gauge it when considering a trade of that nature?

I would have done it for Kolb and Cassell. Wasn't sure about Schaub. If I had the data the staffs had, my guess is I would have went for Schaub as well.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Not only unproven, he's a square peg going into a round hole.
    The magnitude of the contract and trade will add expectation and pressure.

I think there is a good chance this move may increase the possibility of Fitz coming home next year.

Schaub abd Cassell are very good QB's that each appear to be working out.

Not all speculations work out. And this appears to be a huge gamble.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast