thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Kluwe Considering Lawsuit ....

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    He would have to prove that coordinator had the authority to cut him and have the team draft someone else. I do know that punters do not have a long life in the NFL because they are easily replaceable and no teams wants a huge contract for a punter.

I personally knew his days were numbered when he was doing his Gay and Lesbian advocacy stuff dressed in his Viking's gear (minus the pads). No team wants the attention he was bringing to the Vikings, and he wasn't so necessary that he couldn't be replaced... easily. Which he was.

He will also have to prove the Vikings made an unusual move getting a new punter that was cheaper but did the job as well or better than Kluwe... good luck to him.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Well the team is better off without him. More off the field than on it. Really like Jeff Locke so far! Hope he will lay low unlike Chris K!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    I saw Kluwe on more interviews than AD; he was sucking up all the oxygen for the team, but not for the right reasons. I'm glad he feels passionately about the GLBT stuff, but when you are in the news as a Viking's player in Viking's gear pushing that agenda, you start to be a liability to the team.

He really liked the limelight on this issue, to distraction; and it WAS distracting. My uncle is gay, and has been open about it since I was little, so I never got the aversion a lot of people have. Kluwe's passion didn't bother me, but it quickly became more important to him than the team was; when that sort of attitude comes into a player, he GOES.

That he got flack from a assistant coach means NOTHING, because he himself is not gay. No one was affecting his civil rights due to his sexuality. If an assistant coach can't give him crap over his off the field activities, then no one should have given Tebow crap for HIS bible stuff. Both are free speech issues, and I think Tebow would have more of a case, because we at least have an Amendment on religious freedom to draw from. There is no "Advocacy Amendment".

So Tebow got made fun of, and so did Kluwe. Big deal. Time to move on.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    He waited until he was unemployed to say a word. So in essence he was accepting a culture of bigotry and hate and accepting it UNTIL THE MONEY WENT DRY.. WOW, and now he expects us to take him seriously on his platform he stood on and ran in front of every mic he could ... PA LEASE...

phaninphx is online now Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    He waited until he was unemployed to say a word. So in essence he was accepting a culture of bigotry and hate and accepting it UNTIL THE MONEY WENT DRY.. WOW, and now he expects us to take him seriously on his platform he stood on and ran in front of every mic he could ... PA LEASE...
    This is the best summary I've seen so far. But let's not forget that he was not only accepting of a culture of bigotry but also PARTICIPATING and PERPETUATING it. I'm so glad the Vikings didn't cave to his demands and can't wait until he is laughed out of court and humiliated.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    This is the best summary I've seen so far. But let's not forget that he was not only accepting of a culture of bigotry but also PARTICIPATING and PERPETUATING it. I'm so glad the Vikings didn't cave to his demands and can't wait until he is laughed out of court and humiliated.
    The loser hypocrit will suck a few more hundred thousand out of the Vikings to keep this out of court. Then I want to see him deposit this check into the gay and lesbian slush fund. You know that money is going toward his silly little no name band.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter
    Glad the Vikings moved on and picked the much more quieted Jeff Locke. Kluwe needs to move on as well.
    NFL 2013 is Here!