Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marshallvike is online now Team Alumni

Kluwe the clown is at it again

The more this guy gets involved, the happier I am he is gone.

The Anti-Tebow? Controversial NFL Player to Speak at Major Atheist Activist Convention

Chris Kluwe is known for his vocal -- and controversial -- nature. The Minnesota Vikings punter regularly shares his views on gay marriage, noting that he's a supporter of same-sex nuptials. He also endorsed Barack Obama during the 2012 presidential campaign. Now, Kluwe, an agnostic, is prepared to take what may be his most divisive step yet -- he's slated to speak at American Atheists' 2014 annual convention.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Chazz is offline Coordinator
    So he's agnostic, but is speaking to/for atheism? Hmmm, I would be offended if I was an atheist and he was speaking for me.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am not sure he speaks for anyone but he speaks a lot.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    How could anyone, why would anyone, or has anyone ever, take/taken, this self promoting schmuck seriously?
    Last edited by MaxVike; 08-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    To me he's a distraction who is headed for politics when he retires.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I'm looking forward to Kluwe debating Steven Hawking regarding the universe and atheism....I'd bet remaining Aaron Rodger's salary that he hasn't already lost betting, that Chris will find that debate really confusing

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

This just in: Kluhe engages in a mass debate. Check Twitter!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    When did Yahoo start hiring bleacher report rejects? This article has several factual errors, grammatical errors and even spelled Kluwe's name wrong lol. Not to mention the content. He's clearly pandering to the religious. Including Tebow's name is an obvious attempt to just get someone to read his story, which I doubt his mother would even hang on the fridge. The bias is outrageous. He intentionally paints American Atheists in a negative light by including extraneous information pertaining to some of their protest, while ignoring every atrocity ever committed in the name of religion.

Anyway, I don't see the controversy here. The author is clearly trying to drum some up, but what exactly did Kluwe do or say? They quoted his book, and stated that he'd be speaking at the American Atheist Convention. He goes on to question Kluwe's decision to speak at the convention, due to the "atheists confuse me" quote. Should he not try to learn more about something that confuses him? If you have a problem with him being vocal about his lack of faith, which he really isn't, you should have a huge problem with players who shove their faith down your throat every time there's a mic in front of them. Unless of course, you share the same faith, then obviously you wouldn't havea problem with it...

What's the problem? Seriously, someone tell me what is wrong with him holding this view.
    I'm cheerfully agnostic. I like to look at the universe and learn new things, and the only way I can do that is by keeping open the possibility that I just may be terribly wrong about everything I thought was right. I have faith in the ability of the universe to constantly surprise me, to throw my mental gears for such a loop that the only response is to laugh at the wonderful absurdity of it all. Just the other day, I learned that a person's colon can explode during a colonoscopy. How is that even a thing?! What will I learn tomorrow?

My religion is doubt. I believe with all my heart that I will never know everything, that the decisions I make will necessarily be flawed by the imperfect assumptions I base them on but that the only way to keep learning is to change those assumptions when faced with new evidence.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    For a sec I thought maybe this topic was started by that Kingpin guy. Anyone remember him?

But OMG does Kluwe believe in evolution too? I can't believe this guy is allowed to roam the streets freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chazz View Post
    So he's agnostic, but is speaking to/for atheism? Hmmm, I would be offended if I was an atheist and he was speaking for me.
    So if you were atheist you would be offended by someone sharing the same views as yourself? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by VikingMike View Post
    To me he's a distraction who is headed for politics when he retires.
    An openly agnostic politician isn't going to win too many elections in this country. Plus there are things like the Texas state constitution which requires you to acknowledge the existence of a supreme being in order to hold public office.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    What's the problem? Seriously, someone tell me what is wrong with him holding this view.
    Hmmm well it has everything to do with 80% of the population believing in a 2000 year old book written by all knowing 1st century desert dwelling camel jockey's. A book that just happens to tell them that Kluwe's view is wrong.

But it makes you wonder, why don't the religious have a problem with places like Red Lobster? The same book that abhors same sex relations says you're not supposed to eat shellfish. You're also not supposed to wear clothing made of mixed fabrics, trim your beard, get tattoos, go to church 33 days after giving birth to a boy (66 days if it's a girl), mistreat foreigners, work on the sabbath, touch an unclean animal, and on and on. I don't see too much outrage or protest over those other things these days. You're wearing a cotton polyester blend? Burn in hell heathen!

And here's what the bible thinks about football ... don't touch the carcass of an animal that doesn't chew cud (pigskin). If you protest gay marriage you should be protesting football. Tebow and Ray Lewis will be burning in hell along with all the gays and anyone that has ever eaten at Red Lobster xD.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    An openly agnostic politician isn't going to win too many elections in this country. Plus there are things like the Texas state constitution which requires you to acknowledge the existence of a supreme being in order to hold public office.
    Are you kidding? In the current social environment, an agnostic has a much better chance of winning in a Blue state than ever before.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast