Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp

Re: Kitna predicts 10+ Wins

He first said the 10 wins thing three months ago.
    The idiot is just still saying it...lol.

The article is "no longer available for free online" at www.detnews.com but I have a quote from it here...
    http://tinooffseason.wordpress.com/2007/03/23/nfl-jabber-22307/

Friday, March 23rd, 2007...6:36 am
    “I really think we should not win any less than 10 games this year, to be honest,” he said. “Last year, the won-lost record (3-13), I didn’t really necessarily look at that as much as I look at where did we start at and where did we get to. You’re looking at certain games that would have been different had we known a little more about each other and known more about the system. There were a number of games where confusion cost us. The way the team got better in terms of who’s coming and who’s going this offseason, I’d say anything less than 10 wins would be a disappointment.”

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I like Kitna, even if he is delusional.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

LosVikingosSDCA is offline Training Camp

Does anyone remember the last time the Motor City Kitties reached 10 wins?

Kitna is an decent QB who is always a good fantasy pickup, year in and year out.

Iwantmy$2 is offline Training Camp

"LosVikingosSDCA" wrote:
    Does anyone remember the last time the Motor City Kitties reached 10 wins?

Kitna is an decent QB who is always a good fantasy pickup, year in and year out.
    Someone above mentioned the O-Line.
    If they could fix that he might not have a bad chance.
    He was 4th in passing yards with two 1000 WR's last year.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Surprise, surprise, surprise, who does this guy think he is, Gomer Pyle?
    If they have more wins than the Vikes, it will be a long season.
    I'm shocked at the way so many of you quickly dismiss what Kitna is saying.
    The year before the Rams won the Super Bowl, they were 4-12.
    Their QB going into '99 was Trent Green - and then he was injured for the season and a complete unknown took over the reigns of Mike Martz's offense.
    You do remember Kurt Warner, right?

The Lions have a 4000-yard passer returning for a 2nd season in Martz's offense.
    They have an All-Pro WR (Roy Williams), the WR who led the NFL in catches in 2006 (Mike Furrey) and the consensus best rookie from the 2007 entry draft in Calvin Johnson.
    They also have solid WRs for the #4 spot in Shaun McDonald and Kevin Kaspar - hell, maybe Marcus Robinson will be able to do it for them.

Do the Vikings have the secondary to stop any of that?
    Do the Packers?
    The Bears might, except that they are real thin once you go past the nickle CB - and Mike Brown can't stay healthy.

You don't need a great defense if you can score 35 points a game.

How quickly you all forget HOW the Vikings won the first game against the Lions last year.
    In Week 5, the Lions had the Vikings beat until the Vikings defense was able to return a fumble and a pick for TDs.
    In Week 14, Artose Pinner scorched his former team for 3 TDs, and it was a fairly comfortable win.

The Lions played better against NE (on the road) than the Vikings did on Monday night.
    They lost NINE games by a TD (and 2-pointer) or less - and they beat the Cowboys, in Dallas, in a must-win game for the Cowboys and their playoff position.

I will not be surprised one single bit if the Lions win 10+ games.
    I won't be surprised if they end up being the Loser Lions, either.
    This is the NFL, kids.
    Teams can turn around lickety-split if they have the right players and can keep them healthy.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Their QB going into '99 was Trent Green - and then he was injured for the season and a complete unknown took over the reigns of Mike Martz's offense.

The Lions have a 4000-yard passer returning for a 2nd season in Martz's offense.
    They have an All-Pro WR (Roy Williams), the WR who led the NFL in catches in 2006 (Mike Furrey) and the consensus best rookie from the 2007 entry draft in Calvin Johnson.
    They also have solid WRs for the #4 spot in Shaun McDonald and Kevin Kaspar - hell, maybe Marcus Robinson will be able to do it for them.

Do the Packers?
    The Bears might, except that they are real thin once you go past the nickle CB - and Mike Brown can't stay healthy.

How quickly you all forget HOW the Vikings won the first game against the Lions last year.
    In Week 5, the Lions had the Vikings beat until the Vikings defense was able to return a fumble and a pick for TDs.
    In Week 14, Artose Pinner scorched his former team for 3 TDs, and it was a fairly comfortable win.

The Lions played better against NE (on the road) than the Vikings did on Monday night.
    They lost NINE games by a TD (and 2-pointer) or less - and they beat the Cowboys, in Dallas, in a must-win game for the Cowboys and their playoff position.

This is the NFL, kids.
    Teams can turn around lickety-split if they have the right players and can keep them healthy.

=Z=
    But but but...

I'm so comfortable with the Lions sucking it up every year.

Why should we change that? I think that is a system that has worked well for everyone for years now

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Do the Packers?

This is the NFL, kids.

=Z=
    Yeah, but even with Kitna's 4000+ yard passing season, they didn't even come close to scoring 35 points per game.
    They averaged just over 19 points per game.
    And with a shitty defense, 19 points per game simply won't do it.

It's possible that the Lions might turn it around and win 10 games.
    It happens.
    The Rams are a great example.
    But keep in mind that the Rams went from the bottom of the league defensively in 1998 to near the top in 1999.
    Mike Jones exploded for a great season, and cemented their SB win.
    So it can happen, but I wouldn't put any money on it, and I certainly wouldn't come out and guarantee it in the national media.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Yeah, but even with Kitna's 4000+ yard passing season, they didn't even come close to scoring 35 points per game.
    They averaged just over 19 points per game.
    And with a shitty defense, 19 points per game simply won't do it.

It's possible that the Lions might turn it around and win 10 games.
    It happens.
    The Rams are a great example.
    But keep in mind that the Rams went from the bottom of the league defensively in 1998 to near the top in 1999.
    Mike Jones exploded for a great season, and cemented their SB win.
    So it can happen, but I wouldn't put any money on it, and I certainly wouldn't come out and guarantee it in the national media.
    Again - that was Year 1 of Mad Martz's system - and he didn't have the weapons he'll have in 2007.

The Rams defense came together in 1999, for sure, but it's pretty easy to look good when your offense is making other teams play from behind all season.

My point was that people can't dismiss the Lions just because they are the Lions any more.
    Mike Martz (as much as he is a complete jackass) is an offensive genius.
    And the thought of Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Calvin Johnson vs. Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffen and Devonte Edwards kinda scares me.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

[/quote]

Again - that was Year 1 of Mad Martz's system - and he didn't have the weapons he'll have in 2007.

The Rams defense came together in 1999, for sure, but it's pretty easy to look good when your offense is making other teams play from behind all season.

My point was that people can't dismiss the Lions just because they are the Lions any more.
    Mike Martz (as much as he is a complete j~~~~~~s) is an offensive genius.
    And the thought of Roy Williams, Mike Furrey and Calvin Johnson vs. Antoine Winfield, Cedric Griffen and Devonte Edwards kinda scares me.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Definately a great receiving corp Z.
    I guess the x factor is Kitna.
    Can he get them the ball. I don't have much faith in Kitna.
    I don't think the Lions will win 6 games this year.
    Until they prove they are capable I don't think they are.
    I cannot believe Matt Millen is still the GM there.
    He will be run out of town after this season.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

The Lions have been a team that scares me.
    If they can get it together . . . watch out!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast