Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Kitna predicts 10+ Wins

"Schutz" wrote:
    Alot of Chilly Dawg's problems stem from the fact that quite frankly he is not a likable guy.
    And I don't mean like Parcells not likable (Cause he was funny not likable) I mean the totally hopeless I don't have to answer any of your questions and I an be stubborn as I want.
    I he had any personality or maybe not a personality that rubs every single person in th state of th Minnesota the wrong way and on top of that lose games and talk about his kick %$# system maybe people wouldn't think he should get his jiggly butt out of Minnesota.
    On the contrary, I believe Childress has been VERY open with the press this season, and has answered all of the questions asked of him appropriately.
    He doesn't have to say everything about who will be starting or explain why, but he has talked about his approach - and then (of course) been mocked for saying things here on PPO.

Guy can't win wiht a lot of people who'd only be happy if the Wayyyy-Back Machine somehow brought forth a 45-year-old Bud Grant to take AD to the next level.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Who is to blame for the lack of wins for the Lions over the last few years or so?

The coaches?

The GM?

Becarefull how you answer.
    Your words might get thrown back at you.

;D

Ill take the bait. The Lions lack of wins over the last few is to be blamed on them scoring fewer points than their opponents in most games.
    ;D

Honestly though I think it is a combination of bad Coaching, poor Defense, 2 first round WR picks that were complete busts, and poor line play; and possibly a cuse Barry Sanders placed upon them when they wouldnt trade him.
    So is that a Organizational or coaches issue with respect to picking talent or the Coaches fault cause he didn't do enough with the talent?
    Well first I would say that the 2 WR busts were bad luck to some extent and if you have to blame someone its the coaches for drafting someone with poor work ethic / lazy or whatever other personal issues those guys had. Thats the scary part of drafting some guys have lots of talent and just dont care ...Ricky Williams... and others have what is presumed to be minimal talent and are great ...Tom Brady

I also forgot about the Joey Harrington experimant which busted another draft. So maybe they just needed to draft better for starters.

As far as the other stuff since 2000 the Lions have at one point in the season or another had 6 coaches. With no coach being there for no longer than 3 years. Its kinda hard to get you system set up with the revolving door of coaches, and QBs. (This could be the Vikings if we are not careful, to everyone out there who wants Childress's head on a pike right now) I would blame the revolving door of coaches on the GM.

Last the D issues and line issues were probably just due to all the new coaching and plain lack of talent. The talent part can be easily help with free agency and improved drafting.

It seems though that they have finally gotten a good system somewhat in place with good drafting and talent. They have arrived sooner than most of us expected but they are not a super power just a good team.
    Why would you blame the coaches for making those draft decisions?

Do you believe that the coach is in charge of drafting players that meet the needs of the scheme or do you think that falls to the VP of Player Personnel and VP of scouting?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cyviking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Who is to blame for the lack of wins for the Lions over the last few years or so?

The coaches?

The GM?

;D

Ill take the bait. The Lions lack of wins over the last few is to be blamed on them scoring fewer points than their opponents in most games.
    ;D

Honestly though I think it is a combination of bad Coaching, poor Defense, 2 first round WR picks that were complete busts, and poor line play; and possibly a cuse Barry Sanders placed upon them when they wouldnt trade him.
    So is that a Organizational or coaches issue with respect to picking talent or the Coaches fault cause he didn't do enough with the talent?
    Well first I would say that the 2 WR busts were bad luck to some extent and if you have to blame someone its the coaches for drafting someone with poor work ethic / lazy or whatever other personal issues those guys had. Thats the scary part of drafting some guys have lots of talent and just dont care ...Ricky Williams... and others have what is presumed to be minimal talent and are great ...Tom Brady

I also forgot about the Joey Harrington experimant which busted another draft. So maybe they just needed to draft better for starters.

As far as the other stuff since 2000 the Lions have at one point in the season or another had 6 coaches. With no coach being there for no longer than 3 years. Its kinda hard to get you system set up with the revolving door of coaches, and QBs. (This could be the Vikings if we are not careful, to everyone out there who wants Childress's head on a pike right now) I would blame the revolving door of coaches on the GM.

Last the D issues and line issues were probably just due to all the new coaching and plain lack of talent. The talent part can be easily help with free agency and improved drafting.

It seems though that they have finally gotten a good system somewhat in place with good drafting and talent. They have arrived sooner than most of us expected but they are not a super power just a good team.
    Why would you blame the coaches for making those draft decisions?

Do you believe that the coach is in charge of drafting players that meet the needs of the scheme or do you think that falls to the VP of Player Personnel and VP of scouting?
    marr, who's scheme is it?
    don't tell me he is not an impact, and at that, a big impact in drafting and free agency.
    remember when parcells made his infamous comments you love to quote.
    10 years ago.
    things have changed big time in how the head coach and general manager work together.
    you can't talk about scheme all the time and act as if childress is not getting more than his two cents in when in comes to players.
    it's an excuse at best, and you're better than that my friend.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=35267.msg669706#msg669706 date=1194450210]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=35267.msg669684#msg669684 date=1194447098]

The coaches?

The GM?

;D
    Poor evaluation of talent, particularly at the QB position - the great Joey Harrington experiment.
    For that, I blame Millen.
    Just as I give him credit for signing Kitna, hiring Marinelli and securing the services of Martz.
    So it is on the GM and not the HC then?
    The GM hires the coach, scouting staff, player personnel staff, etc.
    If those hires fail to make a difference, then a large onus of responsibility needs to be placed on the GM - those were HIS hires.
    Millen's previous coaching hires prior to Marinelli were, oh, challenged.

I'm not going to get into naming percentages, but within the organization that William Clay Ford has set up in Detroit, Millen gets the largest share of the blame for the past few years of failure.
    Good stuff.
    I agree 100% my friend.

Do you believe that because we don't have a GM, the Chiller gets blamed for things he shouldn't?
    Since he's the most obvious face of the organization, then he probably takes more blame for things that are "group" or "committee" decisions than he deserves.
    He's not an all-powerful Head Coach in the Parcells mode, but people want to project that power onto him when something happens that they don't like.

=Z=
    [/quote]
    Great stuff my friend.
    Great stuff indeed.

No more questions.
    Its almost like I typed that stuff for ya.
    Sure glad I'm not the only one that sees things that way.

;D
    [/quote]

You two need to get a motel room together somewhere..... :
    And if your both lucky, they will have purple sheets....
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I will not be surprised one single bit if the Lions win 10+ games.
    I won't be surprised if they end up being the Loser Lions, either.
    This is the NFL, kids.
    Teams can turn around lickety-split if they have the right players and can keep them healthy.
    Halfway there!
    Lots of people will be chomping on crow when this thread is revived in a couple months.

=Z=
    Right you are!

And now, a simple message to Jon Kitna and everyone that believed him when he said the Lions were going to win more than 10 games this year:

When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    I will not be surprised one single bit if the Lions win 10+ games.
    I won't be surprised if they end up being the Loser Lions, either.
    This is the NFL, kids.
    Teams can turn around lickety-split if they have the right players and can keep them healthy.
    Halfway there!
    Lots of people will be chomping on crow when this thread is revived in a couple months.

=Z=
    Right you are!

And now, a simple message to Jon Kitna and everyone that believed him when he said the Lions were going to win more than 10 games this year:

One thing Kitna and Zeus have in common:
    They like their crow glazed with bitter dressing!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"MaxVike" wrote:
    The Lions?
    The Lions?
    Check the link..."10+ Wins" would be a top 6 year in the ENTIRE HISTORY of this sucky franchise.

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?cont_id=23787

How about 6 straight years of double digit losses?
    The Vikes will beat them like a drum twice this year, just like virtually every other year.
    There are four good things about the Lions, 1) Barry Sanders, 2) they are on the Vikes schedule twice a year, 3) Calvin Johnson, 4) their uniforms.

Enough already
    :
    Ok, so we only beat them like a drum once...they still suck.
    How's that little prediction working out for you Kitna?
    Were you giving TJack advice to keep his trap shut in the last game whilst there was a challenge?
    They fold every year, virtually without fail.
    Next.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I was thinking about this last night, I had to bring this one back, mainly to say thank God for the Lions.
    They make us look good more times than not.
    LOL!

I have to hand it to Kitna for being a leader and believing in his team.
    They started fast and for a while I actually thought they might get there to the 10 wins.

Also, count your blessings that you are not a Lions fan.....
    I know it is difficult being a Vikings fan at times, but it is worse being a Lions fan in my opinion (since I am not a Lions fan, I really don't know, can only imagine LOL).

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011