Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: KGB may not play in opener

Any added advantage to the opener on the road for MNF is welcomed.
    Granted it would be nice to test our line, but we need this divisional game on many levels.
    If for no other reason than the offseason crap between the two teams and that it is our most hated rival on their turf.
    A win early in the division could go a long way later in the year.

Also it looks as though Jeff Saturday Colts center could miss week 2 which would aid us getting to Peyton even quicker.

SKOL!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"slavinator" wrote:
    Any added advantage to the opener on the road for MNF is welcomed.
    Granted it would be nice to test our line, but we need this divisional game on many levels.
    If for no other reason than the offseason crap between the two teams and that it is our most hated rival on their turf.
    A win early in the division could go a long way later in the year.

Also it looks as though Jeff Saturday Colts center could miss week 2 which would aid us getting to Peyton even quicker.

SKOL!
    If Payton plays which is in doubt.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I would rather have him play. He would give a good indication of how well the blocking on our left side is going to be in passing situations.
    I would rather win the game.
    Me too. But with him playing. If we are not good enough to beat them with him on the field it won't say much for our ability to beat any number of teams this year.
    Injuries are a part of the game...I'll take them, along with any advantage that they bring, on the other side any day of the week.
    Plenty of time to find out if the Vikings can beat other teams in those games.
    I'm with Cajun.
    Anything that gives us a better chance of winning is good for me.
    There will be plenty of tests for the OL with or without KGB.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jdvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I would rather have him play. He would give a good indication of how well the blocking on our left side is going to be in passing situations.
    if there's a chance that McKinnie is playing in that game then I'd rather KGB wasn't there thank you very much. That way our left side might just prevent the QB getting killed.
    I thought KGB was the LDE, meanign he will be going up against Cook.
    I could be wrong...
    Nope Kampman plays on the left.
    Oh yeah.
    You're right.

(Probably worse for Cook...)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Me too. But with him playing. If we are not good enough to beat them with him on the field it won't say much for our ability to beat any number of teams this year.
    Injuries are a part of the game...I'll take them, along with any advantage that they bring, on the other side any day of the week.
    I'm with Cajun.
    Hey, maybe I agree too. In fact, maybe we can talk all of our opponents into playing their reserves against us. That would be awesome

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

KGB isn't as fearsome as he used to be.
    In fact, I'd go so far as to say that his run stopping ability is right up there with McKinnies pass blocking ability.

Sure, once in awhile he gets in the zone and starts hitting the edges fast - and that's when he frightens people - but those times aren't as frequent as they used to be.
    Kampman is the better DE of the two IMHO.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=47363.msg825958#msg825958 date=1219859171]
    I'm with Cajun.
    Hey, maybe I agree too. In fact, maybe we can talk all of our opponents into playing their reserves against us. That would be awesome
    [/quote]

Talking our opponents into playing reserves isn't nearly the same as them being forced to because of injuries.
    Taking what they are forced to give you rather than wishing for something that might not happen is always the more prudent path.

Of course, we could take your wish a little further and just talk (bribe) all 19 of our opponents to forfeit, giving the Vikings an undefeated season and their first Super Bowl title.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    if there's a chance that McKinnie is playing in that game then I'd rather KGB wasn't there thank you very much. That way our left side might just prevent the QB getting killed.
    I thought KGB was the LDE, meanign he will be going up against Cook.
    I could be wrong...
    Nope Kampman plays on the left.
    Oh yeah.
    You're right.

(Probably worse for Cook...)
    Truth be told, like most defenses in this "New Era" of football the PUKERS employ them at both sides.
    They also do a neat little thing like drop them back in coverage or have them and the DT's attack from different gaps/switch based on the play/down and distance.

I know its a novel idea, however, it bears watching.....( ;D JK)

Anyway, I heard on the radio coming home that Tim and Pat think the Vikes will get somewere between 150 and 175 yards against that D line considering how it is all bucked up.

Additionally, they talked about the impact of Jeff Saturday missing the game.

Of course they came up with
    some sort of rationale about how Saturday is key to the pre-snap reads and line calls associated with how Peyton makes his audibles and how the loss of the center would severly impact that offense.

Something about a feast for the Vikings Ferocious Front Four.
    (VFF)

Of course all of us here on PPO know that both of those issues that were discussed are all pocky cock.
    DL don't rotate positions and the Center doesn't have any role in offensive line calls.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Well if you wanna get real technical KGB isn't even the starter...Cullen Jenkins is...KGB has pretty much become just a situational pass rusher.

Kampman is definitely the better of KGB and Jenkins at DE.
    IMO

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"jdvike" wrote:
    Well if you wanna get real technical KGB isn't even the starter...Cullen Jenkins is...KGB has pretty much become just a situational pass rusher.

Kampman is definitely the better of KGB and Jenkins at DE.
    IMO
    There you go UffDa you can check out how good our OL line will do against their starting DE's.
    Wonder if GB will wait until Madieu is ready to go so they can see how Rodgers will do against our starting backfield.
    It would also be good to wait until TJ's knee is 100% and Berrian's toe is no longer aggravating him...hey, maybe we can just wait and play this game when everyone's starters are 100%... At least then we will know how we really measure up.

If Peyton can't play against us in week 2, I have no problem with that either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast