Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: K-Rob Going To Jail

If he goes to jail as a receiver he will certainly not be coming out as a tight end.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "WVV" wrote:
    Hope he doesn't pick up any bad habits in jail.
    I hope that he doesn't pick up the soap if someone drops it in the shower!
    DONT DROP THE SOAP !!

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    I wish him the worst.

I hope he gets a long suspension from the NFL and an additional jail sentence for the pooh he pulled in Minnesota.

Plus, I hope he gets taught a few lessons behind bars.

F!!ck Koren.
    Wow. That's pretty harsh. I mean, I know he screwed us over, but it's just football and he's a person too. Sheesh!
    It's not like I'm not losing sleep over it or anything, but I do think the guy needs the book thrown at him in every way possible before he kills someone the next time he drives like a drunken maniac on the streets of whatevertown USA. Watching him walk out of that Minnesota courthouse with a smirk on his face was just too much. I know he needs to reach his own rock bottom before he can turn his life around and all of that, but from what I can gather, he obviously hasn't hit his bottom yet. I'm just wishing him a speedy descent.
    Even babies know the difference.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If he goes to jail as a receiver he will certainly not be coming out as a tight end.
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Cue Meat Loaf.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

NIGHTY NIGHT! Keep your butt hole tight koren!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I don't understand why the NFL hasn't decided if gets suspended, and for how long. It's so strange he has now played 3 games for the puckers.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

POSTED 8:55 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 9:19 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2006
    FINALLY, SOMEONE GETS SENT TO JAIL
    pft.com

We were beginning to wonder when or if any of the various NFL players who can't manage to comply with the rules that govern a civilized society ever would receive an invitation to contemplate their willingness to do so in the future by spending some time in a small room with bars where the door otherwise would be.

Finally, it's happening.

Packers receiver Koren Robinson has been sentenced to 90 days in prison for violating the terms of his probation when leading police on a triple-digit car chase in Minnesota during training camp.

Robinson must serve the time by March 1, and he is permitted to spend up to half of it on work release.

As a practical matter, it's impossible for Robinson to fulfill the sentence without being incarcerated during the season.
    Also, because the order was imposed by a Washington court, it's unclear whether Robinson will be permitted to satisfy the work-release portion of the sentence in Wisconsin.

Even if he can, there's a broader question at work here.
    Do the Packers want a guy on the roster who finishes practice with a shower, shampoo, shave -- and short trip to the hoosegow.

Of course, this raises the question of why in the world the Packers signed him in the first place.
    It was (or should have been) obvious when he was arrested for felony fleeing, DUI, and reckless driving while on probation for DUI charges in Washington that Robinson wouldn't get yet another second chance, especially after he showed up for his 24-hour stint in jail last year with a healthy buzz on.

Somewhere, Vince Lombardi is wondering what the hell's going on around here.

=======================

Koren Robinson will go to jail for probation violation
    Associated Press
    5 October 2006

========================
    KFFL
    Packers | K. Robinson sentenced to 90 days in jail
    Wed, 4 Oct 2006 20:18:18 -0700

ESPN.com reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating probation in a drunken driving case. Judge Robert McSeveney sentenced Robinson to 90 days in jail but said he could spend half of it on work-release. He must comply with the sentence by next march 1, when he is due for another court hearing. ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Robinson is still subject to a possible suspension from the NFL.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Must be nice to be able to put off going to jail for 5 months.

If that was the average Joe, they'd be reporting for jail within 30 days.

GB will milk him for the rest of the season, unless the NFL suspends him.

Why hasn't Koren been suspended for a year?

Odell Thurman was suspended for a year within a week of his DUI arrest, and Koren has also had a 4 game suspension and he has had numerous run-ins with the law, and his latest DUI arrest and fleeing police at over 100 Miles an hour is cause enough to suspend him.

So is the NFL playing favorites?
    Because he now plays with Favre and Green Bay desperately needs help are they giving him preferential treatment because they want Favre to end his career on a good note?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Odell Thurman was suspended for a year within a week of his DUI arrest, and Koren has also had a 4 game suspension and he has had numerous run-ins with the law, and his latest DUI arrest and fleeing police at over 100 Miles an hour is cause enough to suspend him.

Because he now plays with Favre and Green Bay desperately needs help are they giving him preferential treatment because they want Favre to end his career on a good note?
    Good question whack!

I thought I heard that it is also based on something to do with folowing through with treatment options.
    Who knows?
    Maybe if he is going to meetings but had a relapse, they cut him some slack.
    Also, did Odell have more than just the DUIs on his record.
    Didn't he have some violence or was that another thug on the Bengals that I am thinking of?

About the timing of his sentence, I can see why they let him.
    Normal guy has 40 hr/wk job.
    He can go anytime, sooner the better..
    Krobs job is seasonal, he needs to feed his family ("the sprewell take").

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

To quote the Kinks:
    "Paranoia....big destroyer!"

Thurman was currently serving a suspension when he got busted.
    That's why the NFL changed his suspension to the full year.

Robinson was not.
    He was an active player.
    So the NFL (based on the current agreement with the NFLPA) must wait until due process is followed by the Minnesota courts before they can act on any suspension.
    If he (somehow) is acquitted on the charges associated with the incident, he won't face any more action from the NFL.

The decision by the NFL to wait for the conclusion of the legal matter was made before he signed with the Packers.

The Seattle court did NOT put the 90 days on him for the speeding and fleeing from the law.
    They did that for violating the terms of his probation - which he did the moment he put alcohol into his body.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast