Thread: Just wait...

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Just wait...

So another Vikings season has come and gone. Granted, we didn't finish quite where most of us expected. Nevertheless, we've got a lot to be happy about. We were dead in the water, seemingly destined for a Packerian finish this year. However, that was not our fate. Our boys in purple looked the world in the face and promptly backhanded them with extreme prejudice. I for one didn't expect to finish with a winning record this year after the way we started. Shame on me. Shame on all of us who lost faith. And while I will never be satisfied with mediocrity, I for one am proud of the Vikings this year.

And then there is, of course, next year. You know what I'm talking about, don't you? There are 32 teams in this league, and I feel bad for 31 of them. Because next year, not one of them has a snowball's chance in hell. My Vikings are going to fix the leaks, re-tool where needed, and deliver upon this league a beatdown so severe, even Gilbert Brown will have a hard time swallowing it. You think my Vikings defense picked up in the 2nd half this year? Just wait til next year, when even Brett Favre starts faking injuries to stay off the field against them. And there's my offense, who will enjoy the return of my beloved quarterback. Not that Brad Johnson couldn't wreak havoc upon this league if need be. However, I gots to get my roll on, and only Mr. Culpepper can do that for me.

It's a shame really. 31 teams all playing for 2nd place. It has to be disheartening. However, it simply cannot be helped. To the rest of the NFL, I offer the following warning: Lock your doors. Secure your valuables. Hide your women and children. The Norsemen are coming in 2006, and there is not a thing you can do about it.

251 days til kickoff. Here comes the pain.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Just wait...

"PurpleAndy" wrote:

251 days til kickoff.
    it will be here sooner than we know it
    We're bringing purple back.

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"gregair13" wrote:
    "PurpleAndy" wrote:

251 days til kickoff.
    God i hope so. it sure as hell will be an interesting off season, that's for sure.

"whiteboy" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "PurpleAndy" wrote:

251 days til kickoff.
    God i hope so. it sure as hell will be an interesting off season, that's for sure.
    Exactly, itll be here soon, but the offseason will excite us beyond belief!

By the way, I liked the favre faking injuries part...I gotta good laugh!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

i hope we can beef up our oline, maybe go after lavar arrington (i hear he might be on the trading block) or some other line backer, and we need a feature running back.