Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

this is just plain silly. whats next? A 14 year old.....

gets to coach an NFL team?

McDaniels becomes league's youngest coordinator
    Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots promoted 29-year-old quarterbacks coach Josh McDaniels to offensive coordinator Friday, making him the youngest coordinator in the NFL.

"I don't really look at my age as being a factor one way or the other," McDaniels said during a conference call.

Charlie Weis left as coordinator after the 2004 season to become coach at Notre Dame, and no one took his place in 2005. McDaniels and coach Bill Belichick split most of the play-calling duties.

"Josh has been one of the key components on our offensive staff," Belichick said. "He is very well respected and we look forward to him taking on the coordinator role."

McDaniels joined the Patriots in 2001 as an assistant in the scouting department and was a member of the defensive coaching staff for three seasons before becoming quarterbacks coach in 2004.

That year, quarterback Tom Brady produced the highest rating of his career, 92.9, which was also the second-highest single-season passer rating in team history. Brady's 28 touchdown passes ranked second in the AFC and tied his career high from 2002.

The move is the latest shuffling on the Patriots' staff. Earlier this week, linebackers coach Dean Pees was appointed defensive coordinator, replacing Eric Mangini, who left to become coach of the New York Jets after one season as New England defensive coordinator. The 35-year-old Mangini is the youngest head coach in the NFL.

Mangini, in turn, replaced Romeo Crennel, who left after the 2004 season to become coach of the Cleveland Browns.

The Patriots, winners of three of the past four Super Bowls, were eliminated by the Denver Broncos on Sunday in the second round of the playoffs.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: this is just plain silly. whats next? A 14 year old.....

bellichick is just an idiot, he relied on weiss and crennel they are the ones who won him the superbowls. now he gives some punk a promotion cause he is to dumb to find someone better what a joke.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

SamDawg84 Guest

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    bellichick is just an idiot, he relied on weiss and crennel they are the ones who won him the superbowls. now he gives some punk a promotion cause he is to dumb to find someone better what a joke.
    he is a idot huh? then how come his team made the playoffs? and why does he have 3 rings? it wasnt all weiss and crennel u know

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't understand how this is a bad move. Brady has been one of the most productive QBs in the NFL for the past 3 or 4 years and this guy has been his coach. If he and Belichick split the playcalling duties this year, I don't see how this can be that bad of a move. Age doesn't have anything to do with it. If he's good, he's good.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Tomlin is only 31 if i am correct... I don't see anything wrong with this move. If they think he can do the best job then why not?

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

What is so bad about hiring a youb coach? If he gets the job done who cares what his age is.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Tomlin is only 31 if i am correct... I don't see anything wrong with this move. If they think he can do the best job then why not?
    i thought he was 33
    our only sure-handed receiver

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"sharper42" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    i thought he was 33
    hmm i dont know. Either way its young.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

I disagree entirely. It's ageism.... lol if he does his job who f***in cares?

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    he is a idot huh? then how come his team made the playoffs? and why does he have 3 rings? it wasnt all weiss and crennel u know
    *Sarcasm on* Yeah, total idiot *Sarcasm off*
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast