Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Just in Case You Needed a Reason for Why Brian Billick Got Canned

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Just in Case You Needed a Reason for Why Brian Billick Got Canned

The bottom line is that I think there was a deterioration in the confidence in him and his coaching staff. I think the morale in the building was down. The reports that I got from other executives and team personnel [ranged] everywhere from the disrespect of coaches from players on the sideline to arguments in the locker room and team planes.

What a yutz.
    What game was it when he was giving air kisses to someone on the field.

Were are all the people who wanted him to take the Chillers place?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

[youtube=425,350]KVbDQF8m1-4[/youtube]
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The bottom line is that I think there was a deterioration in the confidence in him and his coaching staff. I think the morale in the building was down. The reports that I got from other executives and team personnel [ranged] everywhere from the disrespect of coaches from players on the sideline to arguments in the locker room and team planes.

What a yutz.

Lets talk when Chill takes us 13 and 3 an our division actually gets tougher. We can't be allowed to throw rocks at anyone. We were pretty healthy last year and they weren't. I think BB got the wrong end of the stick. He was blessed witht alented players but I think it was more of his Anemic offense that got him fired.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

Lets talk when Chill takes us 13 and 3 an our division actually gets tougher. We can't be allowed to throw rocks at anyone. We were pretty healthy last year and they weren't. I think BB got the wrong end of the stick. He was blessed witht alented players but I think it was more of his Anemic offense that got him fired.
    I completely agree that his inability to address the offense is the reason he is out.
    The Ravens defense was good enough to win multiple Championships while Billick was HC.
    He inherited a great defense, won a Championship, maintained the defense, but could never create an offense the could win a game...that, above all, is why he's out.
    Word out of Baltimore is that he "missed" on several picks, including Boller, and the WR Clayton.
    Too bad...ego fills a room, and a TV screen.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

I completely agree that his inability to address the offense is the reason he is out.
    The Ravens defense was good enough to win multiple Championships while Billick was HC.
    He inherited a great defense, won a Championship, maintained the defense, but could never create an offense the could win a game...that, above all, is why he's out.
    Word out of Baltimore is that he "missed" on several picks, including Boller, and the WR Clayton.
    Clayton's not bad, he could start on a lot of teams.
    At the very least he's better than Troy Williamson or Mike Williams, who were drafted ahead of him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

I guess your definition of yutz is a bit different than mine.
    Again, what game was it that he was blowing kisses at another player.

He was a head case in MN and is still a head case, probably why he didn't get any job offers especially from teams that were as desperate as the Falcons.

When you see the Chiller lose all composure on the sidelines like that, and lose control of his team like BB did over the last 3 years, then we will talk.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

He is out, IMHO, because he lost control of the locker room and had no respect not only on the team, but league wide.

If it was an issue with his play calling and inability to adjust, he would have be axed instead of the O-coord.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

Come on Marrdro... the only guy I would want to see as the coach of the Vikes more would be Mike Martz... egos galore. Imagine the internal power struggles, dissension, and mass chaos, It would make the Bengals look functional.

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a yutz.

Come on Marrdro... the only guy I would want to see as the coach of the Vikes more would be Mike Martz... egos galore. Imagine the internal power struggles, dissension, and mass chaos. it would make the Bengals look functional.
    LOL, I was absolutely mortified when people were clamoring for him on here a short time ago.

Made me sad to be a Vikings fan.
    :'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast