Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Julius Peppers killing Carolina

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    They will let him go or try to convince him to stay and renogotiate a deal with him. Again, he would be on another team(Still wishing it was ours) had they worked out a contract Jordan Gross. Now a lot of teams money have been spent (except Tampa who is in their division)
    Again, there is the problem.

Seems he doesn't want to stay (or they could have a deal done already) and everyone realizes that he doesn't want to stay.
    Now they are all just sitting back and waiting for him to be released cause they know the Panthers would be stupid to keep him for a year.

Which brings me back to my opening statement......

More proof that our FO is doing the right thing.
    I think he gets moved on Draft day.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    They will let him go or try to convince him to stay and renogotiate a deal with him. Again, he would be on another team(Still wishing it was ours) had they worked out a contract Jordan Gross. Now a lot of teams money have been spent (except Tampa who is in their division)

Seems he doesn't want to stay (or they could have a deal done already) and everyone realizes that he doesn't want to stay.
    Now they are all just sitting back and waiting for him to be released cause they know the Panthers would be stupid to keep him for a year.

Could be.
    How sad is that though, a team looking for help at DE is gonna wait to see if they can get a rookie in the draft and if that doesn't work out, hey, theres always JP.

Says something to me about the level he is playing at.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Could be.
    How sad is that though, a team looking for help at DE is gonna wait to see if they can get a rookie in the draft and if that doesn't work out, hey, theres always JP.

I don't know about you guys but I would like to see Jason Taylor come to MN.
    He doesn't cost any draft picks.
    He still can be a force.
    As long as he doesn't cost a lot (which I don't think he will) he can be great on 3rd downs like Johnstone used to be.
    Imagine Allen, KWill, Evans, Taylor on 3rd downs.
    I know Robison is pretty good himself so it's not like Taylor is a need.
    But he would be nice to have if he comes cheap.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Could be.

He still can be a force.
    As long as he doesn't cost a lot (which I don't think he will) he can be great on 3rd downs like Johnstone used to be.
    I think, best case scenario, Robison
    continues to be a solid spell player and we have another wave guy in either Udeze (DT, LE) or Edwards, assuming one or the other will be the starter.

Grigsby

Grigsby
    Robison

Edwards
    Allen

X

X

Udeze

Not sure if we still have Mitchell.. If we do I think he has potential to beat out Grigsby, assuming we only keep 5 DEs. I like Mitchell because he has size to play DT on 3rd down as a situational pass rusher, like Udeze.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51234.msg930386#msg930386 date=1238686657]

Could be.

He still can be a force.
    continues to be a solid spell player and we have another wave guy in either Udeze (DT, LE) or Edwards, assuming one or the other will be the starter.

Grigsby

Grigsby
    Robison

Edwards
    Allen

X

X

Udeze

Not sure if we still have Mitchell.. If we do I think he has potential to beat out Grigsby, assuming we only keep 5 DEs. I like Mitchell because he has size to play DT on 3rd down as a situational pass rusher, like Udeze.
    [/quote]
    I like the upside of Rob and Ray as situational guys more than I do Taylor, thats for sure.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51234.msg930391#msg930391 date=1238686822]

Could be.

He still can be a force.

Grigsby

Grigsby
    Robison

Edwards
    Allen

X

X

Udeze

[/quote]
    I like the upside of Rob and Ray as situational guys more than I do Taylor, thats for sure.
    [/quote]

No doubt that the upside for the younger guys are vital.
    Remember Taylor can still be a force and he can also mentor these younger guys.
    I know it won't happen but it's something that I think could work out nicely.

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51234.msg931368#msg931368 date=1238797727]

Could be.

He still can be a force.

Grigsby

Grigsby
    Robison

Edwards
    Allen

X

X

Udeze

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I think last years performance is indicative that he can't be a force anymore.
    At least not for the cost both in CAP and roster spot.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51234.msg931476#msg931476 date=1238857337]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51234.msg931368#msg931368 date=1238797727]

Could be.

He still can be a force.

Grigsby

Grigsby
    Robison

Edwards
    Allen

X

X

Udeze

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    I think last years performance is indicative that he can't be a force anymore.
    At least not for the cost both in CAP and roster spot.
    [/quote]

Let's not forget he was hurt most of the year and he was learning a different system.
    You mean to tell me because he has one bad year he is no longer good.
    The very year before he had about 16 sacks (or something close to that).
    I don't think he lost that much of his step without there being something else wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234