I'll take him

Throw them our first
    Maybe a second.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Julius Peppers killing Carolina

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Almost every move the Carolina Panthers make - or can’t make - this offseason is based on one figure: $16.7 million.

It’s why they’ve yet to sign a free agent, while backup offensive linemen Geoff Hangartner (Buffalo) and Frank Omiyale (Chicago), kick returner Mark Jones (Tennessee) and linebacker Adam Seward (Indianapolis) have left for other teams.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...61954&srvc=rss

More proof that our FO is doing the right thing.
    Superbowls they almost won in the past 10 years:
    Panthers 1
    Vikings: 0
    Superbowls they will almost win after doing something stupid like committing huge dollars to one player, loosing numerous other players (depth): 0
    Marr,
    Come on! had they resigned the guy to a long term contract. they would be paying him about 7 - 8 milliona year. That's less than half of what they are paying now. I believe that our front office is paying a DL 7-8 million a year. What's that guys name again? :P

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Almost every move the Carolina Panthers make - or can’t make - this offseason is based on one figure: $16.7 million.

It’s why they’ve yet to sign a free agent, while backup offensive linemen Geoff Hangartner (Buffalo) and Frank Omiyale (Chicago), kick returner Mark Jones (Tennessee) and linebacker Adam Seward (Indianapolis) have left for other teams.

Panthers 1
    Superbowls they will almost win after doing something stupid like committing huge dollars to one player, loosing numerous other players (depth): 0
    Marr,
    Come on! had they resigned the guy to a long term contract. they would be paying him about 7 - 8 milliona year. That's less than half of what they are paying now. I believe that our front office is paying a DL 7-8 million a year. What's that guys name again? :P
    Therein lies the rub now doesn't it?
    If if if........Because they DIDN'T, the CAP against him is killing that team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Panthers 1
    Marr,
    Marr is dead on here.
    Relatively speaking, a team cannot allocate 12.5% of your total CAP to one man on a 53 man roster and not expect to have serious reprocussions on your overall talent across your team.
    This is why there is no way in hell Cassell was not getting traded this year.
    It is also why the Colts never won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and his monstrosity of a contract until the CBA was renegotiated to increase the CAP based on total revenues.

This is not Pepper's fault, but the fault of the FO not managing the financial side of the house.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51234.msg928217#msg928217 date=1238328154]

Panthers 1
    Marr,
    Marr is dead on here.
    Relatively speaking, a team cannot allocate 12.5% of your total CAP to one man on a 53 man roster and not expect to have serious reprocussions on your overall talent across your team.
    It is also why the Colts never won the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and his monstrosity of a contract until the CBA was renegotiated to increase the CAP based on total revenues.

This is not Pepper's fault, but the fault of the FO not managing the financial side of the house.

[/quote]
    Exact reason why ole Brycheapski earns his wage.....His "Decisions" keep a HC from going out and sending willey knilley for any player a HC might want...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51234.msg928435#msg928435 date=1238382521]

Panthers 1
    Marr,
    Marr is dead on here.

[/quote]
    Exact reason why ole Brycheapski earns his wage.....His "Decisions" keep a HC from going out and sending willey knilley for any player a HC might want...... ;D
    [/quote]

its' actually closer to 14% of their cap 17mill / 123mill

but that being besides the point.. the Panthers should not have back loaded that contract that way a'la Larry Fitzgerld so that they are now in a bind or in danger of loosing him...

he holds ALL the leverage and cards when trying to renegotiate or get rid of him... Even moreso.. he's just not worth that much.. that's QB money.. and that's high for a QB outside of Brady and Manning...

and i can't believe some ppl actually wanted/want to trade for this guy... moronic...!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51234.msg928477#msg928477 date=1238415977]
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=51234.msg928435#msg928435 date=1238382521]

Panthers 1
    Marr,
    Marr is dead on here.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

but that being besides the point.. the Panthers should not have back loaded that contract that way a'la Larry Fitzgerld so that they are now in a bind or in danger of loosing him...

he holds ALL the leverage and cards when trying to renegotiate or get rid of him... Even moreso.. he's just not worth that much.. that's QB money.. and that's high for a QB outside of Brady and Manning...

and i can't believe some ppl actually wanted/want to trade for this guy... moronic...!
    [/quote]

I don't think you and a few others here understand how the Tag works. Marr is saying that the FO is wrong for Franchising him. The FO isn't wrong for franchising him, they are wrong for not working out a deal with him years ago. They are also wrong for overestimating how quickly a trade could be worked out for him. You cannot let a player of his talents walk for nothing. The using the tag was the smartest thing they have done this season. I believe the issue is their asking price. The pats moved Cassell and got to sign their FAs. The market for Peppers is there, i believe they are asking for too much. Had they offered a 2nd for him, mst teams would have jumped on it.

That 14 million agaisnt the cap gets erased as soon as a long term contract is reached with his new team.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=51234.msg929447#msg929447 date=1238554525]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51234.msg928477#msg928477 date=1238415977]

Panthers 1
    Marr,
    Marr is dead on here.

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think you and a few others here understand how the Tag works. Marr is saying that the FO is wrong for Franchising him. The FO isn't wrong for franchising him, they are wrong for not working out a deal with him years ago. They are also wrong for overestimating how quickly a trade could be worked out for him. You cannot let a player of his talents walk for nothing. The using the tag was the smartest thing they have done this season. I believe the issue is their asking price. The pats moved Cassell and got to sign their FAs. The market for Peppers is there, i believe they are asking for too much. Had they offered a 2nd for him, mst teams would have jumped on it.

That 14 million agaisnt the cap gets erased as soon as a long term contract is reached with his new team.
    [/quote]

NO i agree with you for all thowse things... they should have used the tag on him.. u can't let him walk for nothing.. but i dont' think they underestimated the value or trade value for him.. he does't want to be there.. but they want him back...

the problem with all of this is his cap number which is scaring teams away bc they will have to give up picks as well as pay him out the wazoo and that's scaring teams to death...

"kevoncox" wrote:

Not sure how you got all of that (Marr is saying) from this......

Hell, I wasn't even talking about thier FO but ours.......

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Not sure how you got all of that (Marr is saying) from this......

Hell, I wasn't even talking about thier FO but ours.......
    I took that as saying that their FO isn't doing the right thing. Which they are! As I said before, they are not tryign to keep him but they are asking too much for him. Much of their issues stem from the delay in getting Gross signed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast