Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Julius Peppers changing positions after 6 seasons?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    He has obviously lost a step.
    He can now prey on slow, less athletic Right Tackles.
    Good move for him, I would think.
    Strahan has made a living over there...so did Kevin Greene, just to name a couple.

Our boys made the right move.
    Absolutely cannot wait to see our #69 blow past the line, cause a fumble, Vikes recover...the Dome is rocking, and Purple Jesus to takes over!
    Where are your facts that he lost a step? Talking out the old jiggly butt again huh.
    I understand that you are excited about Allen but his supporting staff is better than Peppers. Carolina has yet to fix their line issues. At least Allen hat Tamba Hali playing on the other side. Peppers played last year with a disintrested Kris Jenkins, and no one else on the d-line.
    Kevon, if nothing else, you are loyal to your causes.

;D

Fact of the matter is he is probably moving to the RDE position vice the LDE position not because he lost a step, but he lost some strenght.

You don't just loose strenght. It think it has more to do with the lack of talent available. Remember they have now lost Rucker, Jenkins and Bruckner. 3 of the 4 defensive players are no longer there. I think having him play the RDE makes him very dangerous. Why they didn't have him on that side is beyond me.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Strahan has made a living over there...so did Kevin Greene, just to name a couple.

Absolutely cannot wait to see our #69 blow past the line, cause a fumble, Vikes recover...the Dome is rocking, and Purple Jesus to takes over!
    Where are your facts that he lost a step? Talking out the old jiggly butt again huh.
    I understand that you are excited about Allen but his supporting staff is better than Peppers. Carolina has yet to fix their line issues. At least Allen hat Tamba Hali playing on the other side. Peppers played last year with a disintrested Kris Jenkins, and no one else on the d-line.

;D

Fact of the matter is he is probably moving to the RDE position vice the LDE position not because he lost a step, but he lost some strenght.

You don't just loose strenght. It think it has more to do with the lack of talent available. Remember they have now lost Rucker, Jenkins and Bruckner. 3 of the 4 defensive players are no longer there. I think having him play the RDE makes him very dangerous. Why they didn't have him on that side is beyond me.
    You do if you quit juicing.

Again, I don't know if it is true or not but it sure was a hot topic on the local radio show today.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:

;D

Again, I don't know if it is true or not but it sure was a hot topic on the local radio show today.
    The problem with the Juicing theory is it's flawed.
    We believed Ray Edwards that it was a tainted Supplement but we won't believe Peppers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Peppers

"With four games remaining in the season, Peppers was suspended for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy for taking a banned dietary supplement."

When that happens you are placed on a list for 2 years.

He would have fallen off the NFl's watch list in 2004. he same year he posted Games Tackles Solo Assists Sacks PDef Int Td Lg Forced Rec Yds Td

99 4

Where was the juice then? They guy is just a natural Freak of nature. I belive all of this talk about roids, happens because people are just in awe about what this guy can do. At 6'8 290, no one is suppose to be that quick, that fast, that strong and that athlethic. However, talk about him being back on the juice while he is on the NFL watch list and is giving up clean samples is kind of silly. He do not even own a Wizzanator!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=MaxVike link=topic=44682.msg774445#msg774445 date=1209908889]

;D

We believed Ray Edwards that it was a tainted Supplement but we won't believe Peppers.

"With four games remaining in the season, Peppers was suspended for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy for taking a banned dietary supplement."

He would have fallen off the NFl's watch list in 2004. he same year he posted Games Tackles Solo Assists Sacks PDef Int Td Lg Forced Rec Yds Td

99 4

Where was the juice then? They guy is just a natural Freak of nature. I belive all of this talk about roids, happens because people are just in awe about what this guy can do. At 6'8 290, no one is suppose to be that quick, that fast, that strong and that athlethic. However, talk about him being back on the juice while he is on the NFL watch list and is giving up clean samples is kind of silly. He do not even own a Wizzanator!
    [/quote]
    Did you even read what I said?

I wonder if his playing weight will be down this year?
    That is the indicator alot of the sports hacks around these parts are gonna watch for.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=44682.msg774618#msg774618 date=1209949292]

;D

99 4

[/quote]

That is the indicator alot of the sports hacks around these parts are gonna watch for.
    [/quote]

True...but easily rebuked with the generic " I'm slimming down to shave some extra time off the forty" statment.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44682.msg774652#msg774652 date=1209956601]
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=44682.msg774618#msg774618 date=1209949292]

;D

99 4

[/quote]

[/quote]

True...but easily rebuked with the generic " I'm slimming down to shave some extra time off the forty" statment.
    [/quote]
    Trust me, that angle was discussed in depth.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

he will still be a stud

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    he will still be a stud
    He probably will.
    I am only relaying what I heard on our sports radio station down here.

By the way, I suspect our sports reporters are even worse that the ones in the Twin cities and that is pretty bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12