Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Judge Rules in NFLPA's Favor, Lockout lifted

lol.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094784
    Goddell: "[the lawsuit] "may significantly alter professional football as we know it."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7cb30/article/goodell-nfl-needs-collective-bargaining-not-hurtful-lawsuits?module=HP_headlines

I don't know enough about what's happening to really comment. But this would not be good.
    Basically by decertifying the players took away the leagues anti trust exemption. Without that exemption it is illegal for the clubs to all coordinate together to keep everything equal amongst clubs.
    IMHO the players are playing dirty. Not that I wouldn't do the same thing to try to get a bigger chunk of 9billion, but it is dirty.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1094886
    Goddell: "[the lawsuit] "may significantly alter professional football as we know it."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7cb30/article/goodell-nfl-needs-collective-bargaining-not-hurtful-lawsuits?module=HP_headlines

I don't know enough about what's happening to really comment. But this would not be good.
    Basically by decertifying the players took away the leagues anti trust exemption. Without that exemption it is illegal for the clubs to all coordinate together to keep everything equal amongst clubs.
    IMHO the players are playing dirty. Not that I wouldn't do the same thing to try to get a bigger chunk of 9billion, but it is dirty.
    I don't really see it that way. It was the owners who opted out of the current CBA and are trying to change to 18 games and lower the money the players get. The owners are playing dirty and the players are simply doing what they have to to keep from being forced to bend over and grab their ankles.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1094890

I don't really see it that way. It was the owners who opted out of the current CBA and are trying to change to 18 games and lower the money the players get. The owners are playing dirty and the players are simply doing what they have to to keep from being forced to bend over and grab their ankles.
    The owners are playing hard ball, but it is not dirty to renegotiate contracts.
    Decertifying to sue your employer over antitrust laws that were not an issue before you decertified is a little dirty.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_nfl_owners_lockout_defiance_weight_room_fed eral_judge_042711

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094896
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_nfl_owners_lockout_defiance_weight_room_fed eral_judge_042711
    Would love to see an owner or two in handcuffs.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1094891

Decertifying to sue your employer over antitrust laws that were not an issue before you decertified is a little dirty.
    Perhaps, but it is the only leverage they have. In the end if the players win all the court cases then the owners will say mercy and an agreement will be made that is probably much like the one they opted out of.

The owners are trying to yank money back that they agreed to give the players in a new agreement. Its sicking greed in the NFL...makes me want to puke(both sides)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

No matter how you look at it, in the end, its still all about who gets the money.

Said it before and I will say it again, no one does this for the love of it, they do it for the money.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

The league did try to get its TV money under that table and this was something they neegotiate when the cba was in affect that was kinda dirty, players had been doing the decertification votes last year and the out come of the votes were made public at the time and it was known why they were doing it.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Owners will soon counter all the court rulings and player suits as well as union legalese with a secret "sorched earth" policy if things don't start swinging in their favor soon, to show the players that they aren't going to ruin the NFL as we know it they will look to a new commissioner who will work for a dollar regardless of the state of labor affairs, a former player, a Super Bowl winner, former team president and CEO, a self-contained study on post concussion syndrome

He's a one man wrecking crew and if anyone is going to tear things up, and tear them apart, then screw them up royally they're bringing in the best....or would it be the worst.........Mr Smith its hardcore time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast