Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Judge Rules in NFLPA's Favor, Lockout lifted

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1094714
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094690
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1094686
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094672
    Coolioolio, definitely a step forward.
    How you figure?
    Because it at least allows for players access to coaches and facilities if the stay is not granted.
    And you think the players will show up AND work out? I sure don't. I think they'll show up, mill around a bit and then leave.

=Z=
    Even if they don't, they can, and they can talk to their coaches, get playbooks, advice, anything they need to know.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

From my understanding (and its a bit dated as I haven't read any updates since early this morning) this really doesn't mean much other than.

a. The doors to the facilities are opened.

b. The players start to get paid again.

When it comes to things like working out and trades (play books being handed out) the league said no to all especially the work outs. That last thing they want to happen is have someone come in for a day and then get hurt.

Additionally, they will not be handing out playbooks only to take them back again if the apeal is upheld.

I short, the players are getting paid again. Thats about it, from what I understood about 0700 AM this morning.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"It's very chaotic for the teams right now," Allen's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said. "It's not chaotic for the players. Our position is, the lockout is over, free agency should begin, signings should begin, offseason workouts should begin, everything should be going on. The longer the NFL doesn't do that and drags this out, the more there are concerns of collusion and violations of antitrust laws."
    NFL to teams: Be nice to players, but no on-site workouts

It all boils down to money, in the end, ........
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Major win for the players. Hopefully this pushes the owners to make a deal. From what I have heard it is very unlikely the Owners will win on appeal.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Goddell: "[the lawsuit] "may significantly alter professional football as we know it."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7cb30/article/goodell-nfl-needs-collective-bargaining-not-hurtful-lawsuits?module=HP_headlines

I don't know enough about what's happening to really comment. But this would not be good.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094784
    Goddell: "[the lawsuit] "may significantly alter professional football as we know it."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7cb30/article/goodell-nfl-needs-collective-bargaining-not-hurtful-lawsuits?module=HP_headlines

I don't know enough about what's happening to really comment. But this would not be good.
    I read this earlier and thought some of the counter points to Roger's doom were interesting

Roger Goodell's Wall Street Journal Op-Ed Is A Scare Tactic, And Here's Why

Roger Goodell's op-ed piece in Tuesday's Wall Street Journal is filled with scare tactics and red herrings. We explain why you shouldn't buy his rhetoric.

He explained this tonight on NFLN. Basically he said the players are challenging thngs like the draft, salary cap etc as bad things that they want to go away.

Jeff Saturday, of course followed up and said all they want to do is get back to work.

Of course both had other things to say, those were just the ones that stuck in my craw.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094799

He explained this tonight on NFLN. Basically he said the players are challenging thngs like the draft, salary cap etc as bad things that they want to go away.

Jeff Saturday, of course followed up and said all they want to do is get back to work.

Of course both had other things to say, those were just the ones that stuck in my craw.
    sounds like they are attempting to scare the owners into a more favorable CBA than what was offered
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094809

sounds like they are attempting to scare the owners into a more favorable CBA than what was offered
    I think he's trying to strike a blow against the players in the pr battle through the media, its the players that are going to ruin the game the owners just want to have the games.....even if they locked out the players and scrapped the last cba early.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1094810
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094809

I think he's trying to strike a blow against the players in the pr battle through the media, its the players that are going to ruin the game the owners just want to have the games and keep all the money.....even if they locked out the players and scrapped the last cba early.
    fixed it
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast