Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Jones creates new dilemma

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jones creates new dilemma

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for all the great articles today Marrdy!

Is it better to have the potential for another team to release/trade a good player or have them stay on that team and be used incorrectly?

I go with the used incorrectly unless we could acquire him LOL!

They have (had) to try and find Kampman a place on the roster.
    We will see if he is there next year.
    If I was a Packer fan, I would keep Kampman and get rid of Dom.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for all the great articles today Marrdy!

Is it better to have the potential for another team to release/trade a good player or have them stay on that team and be used incorrectly?

I go with the used incorrectly unless we could acquire him LOL!

They have (had) to try and find Kampman a place on the roster.
    We will see if he is there next year.
    If I was a Packer fan, I would keep Kampman and get rid of Dom.
    No worries.
    Were the hell has the News Hound been of late?
    I miss that cat. Hate trying to find my own news.

As to Kampman, I wonder if he will opt to stay when his contract comes due (if he lasts that long).
    I would bet that his contract incentives are geared towards a 4-3 defensive end instead of a 3-4 LB kindof production.

Long story short, he really doesn't fit the scheme (one issue) and his contract doesn't either (bigger issue).

On a side note.
    I still say that Dom has done a good job.
    That defense is better than I would have thought it would be.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Only problem thus far for their D is they are inconsistant

They will get smacked around one game.. Next game come back and almost goose egg a team until the last drive playing shitty prevent

Dom is a great D coord and I thought he would be good.. Kinda nervous for the next couple years when Favre walks and they start bringing the heat to our future QB

"V4L" wrote:

They will get smacked around one game.. Next game come back and almost goose egg a team until the last drive playing poohie prevent

Dom is a great D coord and I thought he would be good.. Kinda nervous for the next couple years when Favre walks and they start bringing the heat to our future QB
    Good stuff.

I kindof attribute the inconsistancy to the new scheme and how they are implementing it.
    Probably would have been a bit more consistent if they would have opted to bring in more vets (ala Bronco's) as they cut over.

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

They will get smacked around one game.. Next game come back and almost goose egg a team until the last drive playing poohie prevent

Good stuff.

I kindof attribute the inconsistancy to the new scheme and how they are implementing it.
    Probably would have been a bit more consistent if they would have opted to bring in more vets (ala Bronco's) as they cut over.

Totally agree.. I seem to recall some older cat saying they need a true NT and some better LBs to come in

That cat could be right

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Good stuff.

Totally agree.. I seem to recall some older cat saying they need a true NT and some better LBs to come in

That cat could be right
    Was that the same cat (Marrdro) who thought thier D would suck this year?
    I know he is impressed with thier progress.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

LOL the puckers crack me up.
    Still don't realize it is a good thing when your players perform well.
    But hell, if you really want us too, I guess we can do you guys a solid and take Kampman off your hands.
    Just don't say we neva done nothing for you.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Good stuff.

That cat could be right

I do believe u said they would be going thru some growing pains

Kinda hard to flip flop your entire scheme

But yes.. I do believe you were correct and didn't totally come out and say they would suck like some others on here

Anyways way to man up if you did.. And I do believe most of the things you said thus far have been very accurate about it

"V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Good stuff.

That cat could be right

I do believe u said they would be going thru some growing pains

Kinda hard to flip flop your entire scheme

But yes.. I do believe you were correct and didn't totally come out and say they would suck like some others on here

Anyways way to man up if you did.. And I do believe most of the things you said thus far have been very accurate about it
    My stance, as I remember it, was that they would suck this year defensively and thier offense would keep them competitive.
    What I didn't see coming was thier OL woes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast