Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I found the discussion on this interesting on the Sirius show yesterday.

Pat and Tim contended that he could still play and that the HC still wanted him to play, however, the mandate came down from the FO to start playing the kids so they can see what they have prior to the draft.

Then you go and look at the move (finally) to get rid of a certain WR to dallas for 3 nice picks.
    Of course, the HC didn't want to get rid of one of his only threats/weapons on offense.

Obviously this is a move by the FO to start down the path of rebuilding.

Anyway, long story short, just another example of the FO dictating to the coaching staff which in turn changes what they have to work with on the field.

I wonder if the Lions fans will be boo'ing the HC this weekend....... :
    And I'm sure he has really good job security as well.
    If I was a Lions fan I would be mad as hell at everybody from the FO to the Punter.
    The FO made a couple big moves AFTER the coach went 0-5 with a team that showed some promise last year.
    That's to be expected.
    If the Vikings were 0-5 I don't think Wilf would really be listening to what Childress wanted from his team at that point either.

But like always I sarcasticly agree Marr that the HC has absolutely no power over personel decisions.
    I'm sure Wilf doesn't even talk to Childress about these things at all.
    Yep, never.

They do

The Head Coach tells the owner who they want and others figure out if they fit into the cap and they decide to bring them in for a physical and meeting or not

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    But like always I sarcasticly agree Marr that the HC has absolutely no power over personel decisions.
    Yep, never.
    And I'm sure that Wilf isn't involved one damn bit in personnel decisions, other than authorizing the money.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Yep, never.
    And I'm sure that Wilf isn't involved one gol 'darnit bit in personnel decisions, other than authorizing the money.

=Z=
    Wilf is involved, he's the owner obviously.
    I don't think Childress has the only say on things, but I always find it silly if anybody thinks he's some sort of stick man who doesn't play a part in decisions.
    There is a balance in our organization and Childress is very much a part of the FO decisions.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Yep, never.
    And I'm sure that Wilf isn't involved one gol 'darnit bit in personnel decisions, other than authorizing the money.
    I don't think Childress has the only say on things, but I always find it silly if anybody thinks he's some sort of stick man who doesn't play a part in decisions.
    There is a balance in our organization and Childress is very much a part of the FO decisions.
    Honestly - do you think that Rick Spielman (the guy in charge of personnel) and Childress called Zygi on Monday to say "Hey, we're thinking of re-signing Dontarrius.
    How do you feel he'll fit in to our schemes?"

I don't.
    If anything, the call came from Rob Brzynskdfjasdlkfjasdfski to say "Hey, we're signing Dontarrius Thomas, and here's the impact to the cap."

=Z=

=Z=

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Yep, never.
    Honestly - do you think that Rick Spielman (the guy in charge of personnel) and Childress called Zygi on Monday to say "Hey, we're thinking of re-signing Dontarrius.

I don't.
    If anything, the call came from Rob Brzynskdfjasdlkfjasdfski to say "Hey, we're signing Dontarrius Thomas, and here's the impact to the cap."

=Z=

=Z=
    No, I think that they would call Wilf and explain to him why he should spend the money and why he would fit well with the team.
    Then after they are done explaining why they want a player Wilf decides what he will authorize.
    Much like the President, Wilf isn't an expert on everything but experts will simplify things and explain it to Wilf for him to digest and think about.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    Yep, never.

I don't.
    No, I think that they would call Wilf and explain to him why he should spend the money and why he would fit well with the team.
    Then after they are done explaining why they want a player Wilf decides what he will authorize.
    Much like the President, Wilf isn't an expert on everything but experts will simplify things and explain it to Wilf for him to digest and think about.
    Your version is probably closer to the reality than mine.
    But no one should think that Zygi (by his own admission) is getting involved in "Who's the best guy out there" discussions.
    He knows his role.

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Pat and Tim contended that he could still play and that the HC still wanted him to play, however, the mandate came down from the FO to start playing the kids so they can see what they have prior to the draft.

Then you go and look at the move (finally) to get rid of a certain WR to dallas for 3 nice picks.
    Of course, the HC didn't want to get rid of one of his only threats/weapons on offense.

Anyway, long story short, just another example of the FO dictating to the coaching staff which in turn changes what they have to work with on the field.

If I was a Lions fan I would be mad as hell at everybody from the FO to the Punter.
    The FO made a couple big moves AFTER the coach went 0-5 with a team that showed some promise last year.
    That's to be expected.
    If the Vikings were 0-5 I don't think Wilf would really be listening to what Childress wanted from his team at that point either.

Yep, never.

They do

The Head Coach tells the owner who they want and others figure out if they fit into the cap and they decide to bring them in for a physical and meeting or not
    Do you really believe that the HC goes to the owner directly and not through the GM?

Comeon my friend, I think you forgot to put some smiley faces on that.
    Heck, even though the Vikings don't have a GM, our VP of Player Personnels job description and were he sits (Executive Staff in the Front Office) in the hierarchy of our organization should lead you to think otherwise.

http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffice.aspx

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Schutz" wrote:
    I knew that you understood this.
    Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

That's to be expected.

Yep, never.
    LOL, I knew I should have read back a little further.
    ;D

Of course the Chiller has a say in things, however, we also know (well at least a few of us) he isn't like some little Hitler making all the decisions especially when it comes to the makeup of the team.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

That's to be expected.

Yep, never.

They do

Do you really believe that the HC goes to the owner directly and not through the GM?

Comeon my friend, I think you forgot to put some smiley faces on that.
    Heck, even though the Vikings don't have a GM, our VP of Player Personnels job description and were he sits (Executive Staff in the Front Office) in the hierarchy of our organization should lead you to think otherwise.

http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffice.aspx

Maybe not straight to the owner

But I know the headcoach lets someone know who they feel would fit in on the team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast