Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Jon Kitna Done for the year

    I searched the forum diddnt find nothing. so dont swing the hammer on me if this has been posted already

    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-5-97/Report--Kitna-done-for-year.html

  2. #2
    Derek Rick is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    54

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    Great news for the rest of NFC North ;D

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    That's too bad. I liked Kitna.

  4. #4
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    This thread should be titled "Lions done for the year".
    Pretty clear with the Williams trade that they are chalking this season up as a loss and building for the future.

  5. #5
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    This thread should be titled "Lions done for the year".
    Pretty clear with the Williams trade that they are chalking this season up as a loss and building for the future.
    What I was reading today was that - if the Lions could not trade Kitna, they'd put him on IR.
    But being on IR does NOT keep them from releasing him, at some later date.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #6
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    This thread should be titled "Lions done for the year".
    Pretty clear with the Williams trade that they are chalking this season up as a loss and building for the future.
    What I was reading today was that - if the Lions could not trade Kitna, they'd put him on IR.
    But being on IR does NOT keep them from releasing him, at some later date.

    =Z=
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
    But Kitna could be released from IR, once the team concludes that his back injury is healed.
    At that point, Kitna could sign with another team (after passing through waivers), or he could file a grievance aimed at recovering the balance of his $2.95 million base salary for 2008.

    On Monday, Kitna said that he expects his back to be healed within a couple of weeks.
    I don't know how anyone can dislike PFT.

    So I guess he just can't play for the Lions this year.

  7. #7
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,597

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    This is why the lions will probably continue to lose
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    http://www.freep.com/article/20081014/COL01/81014093?imw=Y

    [size=12pt]Jon Kitna deserved better from Lions[/size]
    BY MITCH ALBOM • FREE PRESS COLUMNIST • October 14, 2008

    Jon Kitna deserved better. I don’t care if you liked him, liked his play, hated his results or none of the above. He never gave less than his all. He played when his head was spinning. He played when other quarterbacks would have begged their agents to find a new team.

    And the Lions just dumped him. They won’t say so. Teams never do. They couched it in a press release about consultations with the medical staff. But I spoke with Kitna on Tuesday night and he knew the score. He said he was ready to try to play last weekend and was ready to play this weekend and instead, after a very brief meeting, he was put on injured reserve for the rest of the season, with no chance to play and no way to prove he could.
    Interesting article.
    My favorite part is this final quote from Kitna:

    But he went out and battled anyhow, until they yanked him. “When they just stop talking to you, you know something is wrong,” he said. “But they created a perception in the building that I’m a selfish player and that bothers me. I have played my whole career putting the team first and that really stinks to me..…

    “I believe God is control of everything, even this situation. If God decides that football is over for me, I’m ready to accept that.”
    So - follow that train, Jon.

    God is in control of everything, even that situation.
    God gave you a bad back.
    God gave you a crappy offensive line.
    God gave you no RBs.
    God gave you a GM with no qualifications or skills.
    God gave you a head coach who can't coach.

    Apparently, Jon, God's pretty pissed off about you.
    It appears He does not take your devotion seriously.

    Time to start sacrificing goats!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    I found the discussion on this interesting on the Sirius show yesterday.

    Pat and Tim contended that he could still play and that the HC still wanted him to play, however, the mandate came down from the FO to start playing the kids so they can see what they have prior to the draft.

    Then you go and look at the move (finally) to get rid of a certain WR to dallas for 3 nice picks.
    Of course, the HC didn't want to get rid of one of his only threats/weapons on offense.

    Obviously this is a move by the FO to start down the path of rebuilding.

    Anyway, long story short, just another example of the FO dictating to the coaching staff which in turn changes what they have to work with on the field.


    I wonder if the Lions fans will be boo'ing the HC this weekend....... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Jon Kitna Done for the year

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I found the discussion on this interesting on the Sirius show yesterday.

    Pat and Tim contended that he could still play and that the HC still wanted him to play, however, the mandate came down from the FO to start playing the kids so they can see what they have prior to the draft.

    Then you go and look at the move (finally) to get rid of a certain WR to dallas for 3 nice picks.
    Of course, the HC didn't want to get rid of one of his only threats/weapons on offense.

    Obviously this is a move by the FO to start down the path of rebuilding.

    Anyway, long story short, just another example of the FO dictating to the coaching staff which in turn changes what they have to work with on the field.


    I wonder if the Lions fans will be boo'ing the HC this weekend....... :
    And I'm sure he has really good job security as well.
    If I was a Lions fan I would be mad as hell at everybody from the FO to the Punter.
    The FO made a couple big moves AFTER the coach went 0-5 with a team that showed some promise last year.
    That's to be expected.
    If the Vikings were 0-5 I don't think Wilf would really be listening to what Childress wanted from his team at that point either.


    But like always I sarcasticly agree Marr that the HC has absolutely no power over personel decisions.
    I'm sure Wilf doesn't even talk to Childress about these things at all.
    Yep, never.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kitna Sprains Knee
    By BleedinPandG in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
  2. Kitna Predicts 10 wins again
    By ThePurplePotato in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:54 AM
  3. Kitna-12th stringer.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 01:14 PM
  4. Kitna agrees to 4 year deal with lions
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 02:43 AM
  5. Kitna to the Lions?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •