Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Johnson Guarantees Super Bowl

POSTED 4:00 p.m. EST; UPDATED 4:04 p.m. EST, December 5, 2005
    JOHNSON GUARANTEES SUPER BOWL, AND MORE
    by Mike Florio

On the heels of a win that most folks regard as a changing of the guard in the AFC North, Bengals receiver Chad Johnson guaranteed on The Dan Patrick Show that:

(1) the Bengals will score at least 40 points per game for the rest of the season;

(2) the Bengals will face the Colts in the AFC championship game at Indy; and

(3) the Bengals will win the game.

It takes the whole Joe Namath thing to a new level, in our view. Indeed, it's one thing to guarantee a win in one game in the days preceding it, as Namath did when the Jets prepared to face the Colts prior to Super Bowl III. It's quite another for Johnson to pull out the calendar and issue a checklist of things that will occur over the next seven weeks.

Still, we like his moxie. Even if he might end up using that Terrible Towel of his to catch the crumbs whilst he eats his words.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Johnson Guarantees Super Bowl

Oh boy, he just jinxed his team.

Way to give Indy some bulletin board material!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

when i seen the thread topic, i thought it was talkin about bj, wheew! i don't care for chad johnson, he'll grow to be another TO. i hope the bengals loose the rest of their games now.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

that's a bit forward... didn't they already lose to Indy? chances are, they will again.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Chad Johnson = Grade A idiot. TO has already proven that just talent wont get you anything but a kick in the a$$. And thats exactly where CJ is heading. Marv Lewis needs to layeth the smacketh down now on this kid. Guaranteeing a win at the superbowl before even making the playoffs tends to have bad results. Im so glad weve rid our team of jackoffs and dont have to deal with loudmouths like johnson and TO.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

What is the guarantee? Will he quit football, give back this years pay, jump off the nearest bridge, blow his brains out, give all his money to a charity?

Should be he can never talk to the media ever again, so we do not have to listen to his big mouth!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

HA! Nice guarantee dumbass. The Bengals have no shot against the Colts. They gave them their best shot the first time around and came up short, so the second time won't be any better.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

lol...whoa...40 points a game for the rest of the season? Pretty crazy...I could see them beatin the colts...they barley lost to them last time.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet Guest

There has never been a team, ever, that has scored over 40 pts a game for a stretch of four games. At least I'm pretty sure that's true. The Vikes still have the record for the most points in a season and they didn't have a streak of four games with 40 pts or more during that run in '98.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    There has never been a team, ever, that has scored over 40 pts a game for a stretch of four games. At least I'm pretty sure that's true. The Vikes still have the record for the most points in a season and they didn't have a streak of four games with 40 pts or more during that run in '98.
    Not true. I did it in Madden.:grin:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast