Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries

Johnny Jolly; A tale of addiction

Many laugh and talk of him, here he is.

He looked like one hell of a football player, to me. I doubt he ever gets a chance to show that again, but if he does, I for one will watch with more than a little interest.
    Last edited by Dfoster; 11-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    I for one don't mock people with addictions. I started off as a lil kid messing around with alcohol. Now I can't go a single day without it.

Hope he can stay sober and make something of himself

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    I noticed the cough syrup w/ codeine..man could I go for some of that right now. No Joke, this cough is kicking my a$$.

Dfoster is offline Rookie
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with this sentence, but a part of me still feels like it's a tad bit harsh.

I believe him when he says he wants to get off those drugs. He was a hell of a DT, 4-3 DE, 3-4, imo, btw-

I have some experience in these matters.

I've never done any drugs with the exception of alcohol in my life. Never even smoked a joint.

My youngest son did. He went from pot all the way to oxycontin. He asked me for help when he got to the oxy. My wife and I gave him all the help humanly possible, including me dedicating my life to getting him off it.

No exaggeration, whatsoever. He went to in-patient care, out-patient care, NA, had a great sponsor, got a job, went to jail for his past transgressions, got to work-release, had me drive him to/from all of it, etc.

Heroin was cheaper, and his probation officer thought he was re-using. Night before his probation officer was planning to test him, he decided to OD on heroin.
    His "tolerance" was gone, but apparently, didn't know/believe that.

My wife and I buried him a year and a half ago. His name was Bryce, and he really was a good kid.

He dealt drugs- pot, mostly, these things get complicated... He didn't even need the money. He was not poor.

My wife and I rolled up to to the police and coroner that day. We were just looking for him. Your imagination isn't good enough to conceptualize what that did to my wife.

I'm no parent apologist, btw-- I just have to see every situation, nowadays.
    Last edited by Dfoster; 11-17-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That is a tragic story and your family has my condolences. While I hate the packers with every ounce of fiber in my body it breaks my heart to see a young man with so much talent throw it all away. I hope at some point he figures it out and does the right thing.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    He needs rehab not prison time. What is prison time going to do to cure his addiction? Nothing! The war on drugs is a joke.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by V4L View Post
    I for one don't mock people with addictions. I started off as a lil kid messing around with alcohol. Now I can't go a single day without it.

Hope he can stay sober and make something of himself
    You can too, if you want it bad enough.

11 years for me thus far.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"