dfosterf is offline Coach

Johnny Jolly busted for codeine again

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110325_johnny_jolly_busted_with_codeine_again

Instead of looking forward to applying for reinstatement to the NFL later this year, Johnny Jolly(notes) might be looking forward to time behind bars.

A lot of it.

The suspended defensive end for the Green Bay Packers was arrested early Friday morning in Houston, according to CBS Houston, and was allegedly found to be in possession of Codeine, the drug that got him suspended from the league to begin with.

Police stopped Jolly in his Cadillac Escalade at 12:45 a.m. and he was unable to present a drivers license because his has been suspended. When officers searched the vehicle, they found 600 grams of Codeine, enough for a felony charge. Codeine is used in the popular drug purple drank. Police also discovered another unknown substance that has been submitted for testing.

Jolly faced a 20-year sentence based on his last court appearance for possessing codeine. This arrest could send him to jail as part of the previous violation. Basically, Jolly might not be playing football again. Ever.
    Well, the Pack has 2.5 mil to apply towards re-signing Cullen Jenkins that they didn't have this morning.

What a shame, Jolly was a great fit for the Packers scheme on the field.

Judge: "Well, Mr. Jolly, it looks like you'll be serving that time for your previous conviction after all, and just to humor me before I pass sentence on this little indiscretion, what exactly were you doing with the equivalent of 3000 bottles of cough syrup this time around?"

Jolly: "Your honor, I noted it's superior lubricating properties and figured I'd best stock up."

Re: Johnny Jolly busted for codeine again

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1092527
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110325_johnny_jolly_busted_with_codeine_again

Instead of looking forward to applying for reinstatement to the NFL later this year, Johnny Jolly(notes) might be looking forward to time behind bars.

A lot of it.

The suspended defensive end for the Green Bay Packers was arrested early Friday morning in Houston, according to CBS Houston, and was allegedly found to be in possession of Codeine, the drug that got him suspended from the league to begin with.

Police stopped Jolly in his Cadillac Escalade at 12:45 a.m. and he was unable to present a drivers license because his has been suspended. When officers searched the vehicle, they found 600 grams of Codeine, enough for a felony charge. Codeine is used in the popular drug purple drank. Police also discovered another unknown substance that has been submitted for testing.

Jolly faced a 20-year sentence based on his last court appearance for possessing codeine. This arrest could send him to jail as part of the previous violation. Basically, Jolly might not be playing football again. Ever.
    Well, the Pack has 2.5 mil to apply towards re-signing Cullen Jenkins that they didn't have this morning.

What a shame, Jolly was a great fit for the Packers scheme on the field.

Judge: "Well, Mr. Jolly, it looks like you'll be serving that time for your previous conviction after all, and just to humor me before I pass sentence on this little indiscretion, what exactly were you doing with the equivalent of 3000 bottles of cough syrup this time around?"

Jolly: "Your honor, I noted it's superior lubricating properties and figured I'd best stock up."
    As a Viking Fan I can say I only wish this impacted your team more dfoster....

Two teams I root for are the Vikes and whoever plays the Pack. On a similar note its good to see someone else taking up for the painkiller abuse since Favre left. Just funnin but couldnt resist!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

[strike]Has[/strike] Had a future ahead of him that most could only dream about and he throws it all away for some fucking cough syprup? What a complete and udder moron. I have zero sympathy for this d-bag and hope he rots in jail for a long time for being such an idiot.

At least he had the decency to get arrested again prior to the draft. :laugh:

I got "paper" DE's comin' out the keester, but I reckon 'ol Ted is gonna grab one or two more in the draft pretty much for sure now.

Ryan Pickett, Mike Neal, (maybe now Cullen Jenkins does get re-signed), -dare I say it- :unsure: Justin Harrell, Big Howard Green, C.J. Wilson, Jarius Wynn, and Curtis Young.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

He'll get a slap on the wrist, and Rog' will suspend him for 2 games....

He's a Packer...they never get in trouble...

...now if he'd been on a boat with strippers....THAT would be news.

Caine

At least when a Packer gets suspended they actually go on suspension.

:laugh:

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

So theres like 10 mg of codeine in 5 ml (teaspoon) of some cough syrups and a bottle is 250 ml which is about half a gram or codeine in a bottle. What kind of cough syrup or how may kegs of the stuff did he have to get charge with over 600 grams of it. How could that police not find that much

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1092545
    So theres like 10 mg of codeine in 5 ml (teaspoon) of some cough syrups and a bottle is 250 ml which is about half a gram or codeine in a bottle. What kind of cough syrup or how may kegs of the stuff did he have to get charge with over 600 grams of it. How could that police not find that much
    There's a Puker fan out there that lives in Houston, and he's buddies with some ADA's or DA's or whatever.

He says that when they arrest a guy for Sizzurp, they charge them as if the whole thing is codeine and then subsequently test the concentration.

This is the most likely situation here, according to him, because they had an amount to report so fast.

600 grams = a little over 21 oz. in liquid form.

That could be as little as one "purple drank" sitting in a cup-holder.

OR he had pills---

It would be over 2000 tylenol 3's

OR

:laugh: the whole friggin' Escalade was low-riding the springs because he had it loaded top to bottom with liquid cough syrup and they did the math.

(I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it, what a dumb SOB)

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1092532
    [strike]Has[/strike] Had a future ahead of him that most could only dream about and he throws it all away for some fucking cough syprup? What a complete and udder moron. I have zero sympathy for this d-bag and hope he rots in jail for a long time for being such an idiot.
    +1

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp

This is very sad. Dude must have a serious problem and maybe this will get him the treatment he needs to save his life.
    None