Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Re: The John Madden Stupid Pool

when his contract expires. As an aside, my favorite madden quote would have to be: "jake reed is like a combination of cris carter and randy moss. He's got the eyes of cris carter and the speed of randy moss".
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Didn't he say, "If Sherman goes, Brett said he will retire. If Brett retires so will I"? :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

probably when he slurs his speech more
    Sean Saunders

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the best quote is from the bang cartoon "you cant talk about mike shanahan's offensive without talking about offensive." he has said some real dumb stuff in his time, but in his defence he was a great coach and still is a great football mind. just sometimes that mind gets mized up.
    We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of the guy myself. He was a seriously gol 'darnit good football coach. I just figured it is worth mentioning at least once on the boards.

Proceed the lynching of tough actin tanactin.
    I mentioned it a few months ago;

http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13892&highl ight=madden

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Unfortunately, based on the polls, he is still viewed by the general public as the top NFL color commentator. Most hardcore NFL fans see through all of his ramblings and nonsense, but the casual viewers apparently still think he's a genius. Unless he stumbles and makes some politically incorrect statement that gets him in trouble, I'm afraid we're stuck with Madden for as long as he wants to keep doing this. I'll say another 3 years (after this season) and he'll want to call it quits.

This may never happen, but someday I would really like to hear what Bill Parcells would be like in the booth. Maybe MNF could broadcast a separate pay per view "uncensored" MNF broadcast with Parcells as color commentator - call it MNF Raw
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

I liked Madden when he was doing commentary about 15 years ago. Now I think he is tired and just collecting those huge paychecks. I can't blame him there. Nothing personal against Madden.

He is well past 70 and needs to start spending all that money on our economy.

I like poking fan at him just for entertainment puposes. I wish him good health and a life without Favre.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Grassdog61" wrote:
    Unfortunately, based on the polls, he is still viewed by the general public as the top NFL color commentator. Most hardcore NFL fans see through all of his ramblings and nonsense, but the casual viewers apparently still think he's a genius. Unless he stumbles and makes some politically incorrect statement that gets him in trouble, I'm afraid we're stuck with Madden for as long as he wants to keep doing this. I'll say another 3 years (after this season) and he'll want to call it quits.

This may never happen, but someday I would really like to hear what Bill Parcells would be like in the booth. Maybe MNF could broadcast a separate pay per view "uncensored" MNF broadcast with Parcells as color commentator - call it MNF Raw
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. It doesn't HAVE to be Parcells, though. How about we make it the ever-controversial Jim Rome? :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

jim rome as a commentator......I really really like that idea...get his butt in there!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    jim rome as a commentator......I really really like that idea...get his butt in there!
    ...I probably should have turned on my sarcasm switch. If you caught the sarcasm, I hope that you're being sarcastic as well, because Jim Rome sucks.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast