Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    [size=13pt]Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr[/size]

    Wednesday, November 21, 2007

    theredzone.org


    CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) For the past several weeks, Carolina Panthers coach John Fox has been careful not to name a front-runner at quarterback between Vinny Testaverde and David Carr....


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

    Yet some people here wanted us to trade for Carr to start here. He can't even win a back up role over a 44 year old man.
    :

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

    Yet some people here wanted us to trade for Carr to start here. He can't even win a back up role over a 44 year old man.
    :
    I remember those posts.

    But I won't dig them up just to embrace other members.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

    Yet some people here wanted us to trade for Carr to start here. He can't even win a back up role over a 44 year old man.
    :
    I remember those posts.

    But I won't dig them up just to embrace other members.
    Funny how when threads/info like this comes up that validates our staffs (Not just the Chillers) ability to evaluate talent and thier ability to play ball, especially in this scheme, the naysayers all run and hide.

    Always remember and never forget, just cause you know the players name doesn't mean he can play ball........

    Do a search on the words "Proven"
    "Big Name Vet".
    Very funny to see how many yutz's are out there who wanted this guy and the others who are still crap.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

    Yet some people here wanted us to trade for Carr to start here. He can't even win a back up role over a 44 year old man.
    :
    I remember those posts.

    But I won't dig them up just to embrace other members.
    Funny how when threads/info like this comes up that validates our staffs (Not just the Chillers) ability to evaluate talent and thier ability to play ball, especially in this scheme, the naysayers all run and hide.

    Always remember and never forget, just cause you know the players name doesn't mean he can play ball........

    Do a search on the words "Proven"
    "Big Name Vet".
    Very funny to see how many yutz's are out there who wanted this guy and the others who are still crap.


    ;D
    Here's a couple I remember reading..........


    "UTVikfan" wrote:


    Only one solution there is....BEG, BEG and PLEAD Carolina for David Carr.

    "cajunvike" wrote:

    Not dissing you, Bobby...just giving you a little grief.
    I do agree that we could have signed a veteran QB (I REALLY wanted David Carr...now he is just gonna sit on Carolina's bench while Delhomme has a career year)...BUT the Vikings saw it different.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Right now, if everybody is healthy, Vinny will be the starter," Fox said.

    Yet some people here wanted us to trade for Carr to start here. He can't even win a back up role over a 44 year old man.
    :
    I remember those posts.

    But I won't dig them up just to embrace other members.
    Funny how when threads/info like this comes up that validates our staffs (Not just the Chillers) ability to evaluate talent and thier ability to play ball, especially in this scheme, the naysayers all run and hide.

    Always remember and never forget, just cause you know the players name doesn't mean he can play ball........

    Do a search on the words "Proven"
    "Big Name Vet".
    Very funny to see how many yutz's are out there who wanted this guy and the others who are still crap.


    ;D
    Here's a couple I remember reading..........


    "UTVikfan" wrote:


    Only one solution there is....BEG, BEG and PLEAD Carolina for David Carr.

    "cajunvike" wrote:

    Not dissing you, Bobby...just giving you a little grief.
    I do agree that we could have signed a veteran QB (I REALLY wanted David Carr...now he is just gonna sit on Carolina's bench while Delhomme has a career year)...BUT the Vikings saw it different.

    Nice Marrdro doesn't do that my friend.
    I only threaten to.....
    They know who they are.

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Nice Marrdro doesn't do that my friend.
    I only threaten to.....
    They know who they are.

    ;D
    Yeah, but I didn't know if you did.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #8
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    John Fox Makes it clear: His ass is fired after the season.

  9. #9
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Nice Marrdro doesn't do that my friend.
    I only threaten to.....
    They know who they are.

    ;D
    Yeah, but I didn't know if you did.


    All I'll say is this,

    some people have the
    BALLS

    to make predictions and suggestions about games, players and situations, dealing with NFL football.



    Will some, hide behind their empty post,
    posting about what others may have already said or done.
    And they themselves always take both sides of the story is some odd way or another to protect themselves, JUST INCASE....








    But then again,
    they think they know the game but really don't when it comes down to it...








    They know who they are.......








    And to dig up old post to shove in someones face is cowerdly,
    I could do it to every member on here, show how at one time or other they where wrong or didn't know what the hell they were talking about....Hell, I've even posted thoughts and such in the past, that didn't have the ending I wish it did at the time, and some did.








    One more reason this site is going to shit.......To much LOOK AT ME


    and

    To much
    OH, LOOK AT THAT DUMB ASS,
    kinda crap these days....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  10. #10
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: John Fox makes it clear: Testaverde is Panthers starter over Carr

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    Nice Marrdro doesn't do that my friend.
    I only threaten to.....
    They know who they are.

    ;D
    Yeah, but I didn't know if you did.


    All I'll say is this,
    some people have the
    BALLS

    to make predictions and suggestions about games, players and situations, dealing with NFL football.


    Will some, hide behind their empty post,
    posting about what others may have already said or done.
    And they themselves always take both sides of the story is some odd way or another to protect themselves, JUST INCASE....







    But then again,
    they think they know the game but really don't when it comes down to it...







    They know who they are.......








    And to dig up old post to shove in someones face is cowerdly,
    I could do it to every member on here, show how at one time or other they where wrong or didn't know what the hell they were talking about....Hell, I've even posted thoughts and such in the past, that didn't have the ending I wish it did at the time, and some did.








    One more reason this site is going to shit.......To much LOOK AT ME

    and
    To much
    OH, LOOK AT THAT DUMB ASS,
    kinda crap these days....
    I'll raise my hand. I rarely make predictions, and I always try to cover my ass with 'on the other hand' remarks.

    It's mainly because I'm a coward, and because I hate crow. And to cut right to it, because I only pretend to know anything about the game.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Similar Threads

  1. Panthers sign Moose, Cut Carr
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
  2. Panthers to start 43-year-old Testaverde at QB
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 08:19 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 06:24 AM
  4. Testaverde may get shot after Carr downgraded to questionable
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 11:17 AM
  5. Panthers sign 43 yr. old Vinny Testaverde to 1-year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •