Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    I am all for Porter being a Viking.. He has a big mouth, but he backs that shit up every game.. Porter, Leber, Henderson, and Greenway.. Now that is a nice looking LB crew if I say so myself..

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I am all for Porter being a Viking.. He has a big mouth, but he backs that shit up every game.. Porter, Leber, Henderson, and Greenway.. Now that is a nice looking LB crew if I say so myself..
    You did exactly that.
    I'm into LBs too, not so sure about Porter, he's got the headcase thing going on.
    He does perform though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    SuperVikes07 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    Should the vikings take a look at Joey Porter

    WOOOWWWW the free agency had no big names now it has like 30

    JOEY PORTER IS A MAN CHILD!! WE Should definitly Put henderson back in the middle Joey on the right greenway on the left

  4. #24
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.

  5. #25
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    He's a good player but I'm not sure I want the arrogant bastard.

  6. #26
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    that opinion will need some fact to back it. If he joined our team he'd instantly be the best LB we've got. We won't get him though. Cause too much trouble w/ Chilli
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  7. #27
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    As a person that has watched almost every Steeler game the past 2 years, I disagree with you.
    You can't go by stats alone.
    Just because he doesn't make a tackle doesn't mean he didn't have something to di with it.


  8. #28
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "Braddock" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    that opinion will need some fact to back it. If he joined our team he'd instantly be the best LB we've got. We won't get him though. Cause too much trouble w/ Chilli
    He wouldn't be our best linebacker, not by a longshot. I'm not that high on Leber, but I think he's a better LB than Porter. I don't want a guy who averages less than 65 tackles per year, his style of play would hurt us more than it could help. The only reason he has had any success in his NFL career is because he has the luxury of playing next to James Farrior and Larry Foote, which allowed him to blitz all the time. Just about any linebacker in the NFL could get 10 sacks a year if they blitz the QB on 80% of plays.

    Anyone who thinks certain receivers do not fit our KAO, but thinks Joey Porter would be a great fit on our defense is an idiot. He's horrible in coverage, a poor tackler (unless you consider blindsiding a QB at full speed to be good tackling), and after listening to him flap his gums for years I don't think he has the mental capacity to understand anything but "hit man with ball."

    He is not a talented linebacker, and I honestly believe he wouldn't start on a team that does not run the 3-4 defense."ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    As a person that has watched almost every Steeler game the past 2 years, I disagree with you.
    You can't go by stats alone.
    Just because he doesn't make a tackle doesn't mean he didn't have something to di with it.

    Also as a person who has watched almost every Steeler game over the past 2 years(3 or 4 actually), my friend who has the Sunday Ticket's mom is a huge Steeler fan, so I watch those games when they're on, unless the viking are on, then I find another TV.

    They keep track of who's in on every tackle, if it's a gang tackle made by 2-3 guys they get assisted tackles, and if you go to NFL.com you can see that they have "Total, Tkl, Ast" The total is obviously TKL+AST, and he had one season where he had 88 total, but besides that year he's never broken 70. IMO he is one of the most over rated players in the NFL, and I really would not like to see him in purple, or anywhere at all for that matter.

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "Mr" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    that opinion will need some fact to back it. If he joined our team he'd instantly be the best LB we've got. We won't get him though. Cause too much trouble w/ Chilli
    He wouldn't be our best linebacker, not by a longshot. I'm not that high on Leber, but I think he's a better LB than Porter. I don't want a guy who averages less than 65 tackles per year, his style of play would hurt us more than it could help. The only reason he has had any success in his NFL career is because he has the luxury of playing next to James Farrior and Larry Foote, which allowed him to blitz all the time. Just about any linebacker in the NFL could get 10 sacks a year if they blitz the QB on 80% of plays.

    Anyone who thinks certain receivers do not fit our KAO, but thinks Joey Porter would be a great fit on our defense is an idiot. He's horrible in coverage, a poor tackler (unless you consider blindsiding a QB at full speed to be good tackling), and after listening to him flap his gums for years I don't think he has the mental capacity to understand anything but "hit man with ball."

    He is not a talented linebacker, and I honestly believe he wouldn't start on a team that does not run the 3-4 defense."ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    As a person that has watched almost every Steeler game the past 2 years, I disagree with you.
    You can't go by stats alone.
    Just because he doesn't make a tackle doesn't mean he didn't have something to di with it.

    Also as a person who has watched almost every Steeler game over the past 2 years(3 or 4 actually), my friend who has the Sunday Ticket's mom is a huge Steeler fan, so I watch those games when they're on, unless the viking are on, then I find another TV.

    They keep track of who's in on every tackle, if it's a gang tackle made by 2-3 guys they get assisted tackles, and if you go to NFL.com you can see that they have "Total, Tkl, Ast" The total is obviously TKL+AST, and he had one season where he had 88 total, but besides that year he's never broken 70. IMO he is one of the most over rated players in the NFL, and I really would not like to see him in purple, or anywhere at all for that matter.
    Okay llet me put it this way.
    Your name does not have to show up on a stat (whether it be tackle or assist) to have an effect on a play.
    You do not get credit for causing a play to go the other way.
    You don't get credit for forcing a broken play.
    Trust me, Porter does more than his tackles.
    Yes he is better than any LBer on the team now.
    Every Steeler fan I know love the guy.
    I watched the games at a bar that happens to be a "Steeler" bar in Tucson Arizona.
    My mother is also a Steeler fan.
    It doesn't mean they know or see what I see or what you see.
    I watch the game.
    Meaning I see what I can about each play.
    Porter has more of an effect than just his tackles.

  10. #30
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    that opinion will need some fact to back it. If he joined our team he'd instantly be the best LB we've got. We won't get him though. Cause too much trouble w/ Chilli
    He wouldn't be our best linebacker, not by a longshot. I'm not that high on Leber, but I think he's a better LB than Porter. I don't want a guy who averages less than 65 tackles per year, his style of play would hurt us more than it could help. The only reason he has had any success in his NFL career is because he has the luxury of playing next to James Farrior and Larry Foote, which allowed him to blitz all the time. Just about any linebacker in the NFL could get 10 sacks a year if they blitz the QB on 80% of plays.

    Anyone who thinks certain receivers do not fit our KAO, but thinks Joey Porter would be a great fit on our defense is an idiot. He's horrible in coverage, a poor tackler (unless you consider blindsiding a QB at full speed to be good tackling), and after listening to him flap his gums for years I don't think he has the mental capacity to understand anything but "hit man with ball."

    He is not a talented linebacker, and I honestly believe he wouldn't start on a team that does not run the 3-4 defense."ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Joey Porter is the most over rated linebacker in the history of civilization.

    All he is good for is blitzing, and we can't afford blitzing an OLB every single play they can in the 3-4 though.

    He's only made over 70 tackles one time in his career, he's terrible in coverage, he has dogs that kill anything that moves, he's a jerk, he talks way more than Smoot and backs up his talk even less IMO, I very strongly dislike Joey Porter and pray to god he does not end up a Viking.
    As a person that has watched almost every Steeler game the past 2 years, I disagree with you.
    You can't go by stats alone.
    Just because he doesn't make a tackle doesn't mean he didn't have something to di with it.

    Also as a person who has watched almost every Steeler game over the past 2 years(3 or 4 actually), my friend who has the Sunday Ticket's mom is a huge Steeler fan, so I watch those games when they're on, unless the viking are on, then I find another TV.

    They keep track of who's in on every tackle, if it's a gang tackle made by 2-3 guys they get assisted tackles, and if you go to NFL.com you can see that they have "Total, Tkl, Ast" The total is obviously TKL+AST, and he had one season where he had 88 total, but besides that year he's never broken 70. IMO he is one of the most over rated players in the NFL, and I really would not like to see him in purple, or anywhere at all for that matter.
    Okay llet me put it this way.
    Your name does not have to show up on a stat (whether it be tackle or assist) to have an effect on a play.
    You do not get credit for causing a play to go the other way.
    You don't get credit for forcing a broken play.
    Trust me, Porter does more than his tackles.
    Yes he is better than any LBer on the team now.
    Every Steeler fan I know love the guy.
    I watched the games at a bar that happens to be a "Steeler" bar in Tucson Arizona.
    My mother is also a Steeler fan.
    It doesn't mean they know or see what I see or what you see.
    I watch the game.
    Meaning I see what I can about each play.
    Porter has more of an effect than just his tackles.
    So does Brian Urlacher, and he made 141 tackles.

    But it's not fair to compare him to Urlacher, since Urlacher plays in the 4-3.

    Teams run straight at Porter, I don't know how much more he can do without actually being involved in a play then make the team run the other way. He's no
    good in coverage, but he's really never in coverage, since he's constantly blitzing.

    He's too small to be a DE, too slow to be a safety and too stupid to a MLB, so he plays OLB and blitzes every play.

    If he ends up on a team that doesn't run the 3-4, which he will not, he's going to have a terrible year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joey Porter is a moron!
    By Sajid28 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
  2. Joey Porter pleads no contest to battery
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
  3. Don't split 5's with Joey Porter at the table
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
  4. OMG OMG Joey Porter Released!!!
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
  5. Joey Porter continues to amaze
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 03:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •