Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Joey Porter cut by Steelers

Wow...shocked they cut him.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Won't happen. As much as I would like to see him bring some nastiness to the D, I don't see it happening

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Why would we sign a 3-4 LB who would then become an undersized DE this guy is of no use to our team.
    As a situational pass rusher...he can't be THAT much smaller than Freeney.

2 inches taller and about 20 lbs lighter...it COULD work...for the right price of course!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i dont know how i would feel with porter on our team. we already have leber and greenway at OLB, and having one more OLB doesnt seem to fit our bill of needs. For the record i'm not saying greenway and leber cant be outdone by Porter, but his price tag is definately going to be up there with the heaviest. Seriously though, that would seriously help solidify our LB core, and give us some much needed depth there.

odds are though he's going to bring a hefty price tag, and i'm not sure i would want that with a 9 year LB vet that would bring yet another OLB to the vikes. IMO i'd rather have a MLB unless porter decided to move inside...?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Why would we sign a 3-4 LB who would then become an undersized DE this guy is of no use to our team.
    Because it's customary to say we should sign every person dropped into the mix from every team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"FuadFan" wrote:
    He is also a fast, hard hitting olb. Putting him in the mix with greenway, leber, and dt will make for a competitive, interesting training camp and will also have us set at depth for that position. Plus the pass rush he brings-SIGN HIS A$$!
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

"vikes09" wrote:
    i dont know how i would feel with porter on our team. we already have leber and greenway at OLB, and having one more OLB doesnt seem to fit our bill of needs. For the record i'm not saying greenway and leber cant be outdone by Porter, but his price tag is definately going to be up there with the heaviest. Seriously though, that would seriously help solidify our LB core, and give us some much needed depth there.

odds are though he's going to bring a hefty price tag, and i'm not sure i would want that with a 9 year LB vet that would bring yet another OLB to the vikes. IMO i'd rather have a MLB unless porter decided to move inside...?
    Porter plays off of speed a lot of the time, so putting him in the middle will probably just have him getting blocked many plays. He appears undersized for a mlb, but I don't know for sure, being that I've never seen him play mlb.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

Porter plays off of speed a lot of the time, so putting him in the middle will probably just have him getting blocked many plays. He appears undersized for a mlb, but I don't know for sure, being that I've never seen him play mlb.
    He's listed at 6'3" and 250...no smaller than any of our current LBs (including Napo).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Then why the hell haven't we signed him yet?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Porter is a great player.
    3-4 4-3 defenses, who cares?
    He's a leader and he is better than any of our LBers we have now.
    Yes, any of them.
    Plus he would be a great teacher for Greenway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast