Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    [size=13pt]Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history[/size]

    FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES • June 24, 2008
    freep.com



    Chase Stuart of Pro-football-reference.com recently updated his list of the worst NFL quarterbacks of all time. He originally created the list in 2006, but updated it to reflect recent stats.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    Why doesn´t it surprise he played most of his carrer in the Lions too?
    ;D

    On a funny
    note ,I know the article
    is about a carreer bio and Tarvarias only has had one real season of playing time
    and our game is based on the ground,but I couldn´t resist to see this two last year stats.

    Harrington ,2.215 yards,77,2 rate and 7 TD/8 Int in 12 games
    Tarvarias Jackson
    ,1.911 yads,70,8 rate and 9/12 in 12 games .

    Seeing this numbers
    Who would you pick? the worst QB in NFL history or TJ?
    :
    :-*
    El underdog.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    "El" wrote:
    Why doesn´t it surprise he played most of his carrer in the Lions too?
    ;D

    On a funny
    note ,I know the article
    is about a carreer bio and Tarvarias only has had one real season of playing time
    and our game is based on the ground,but I couldn´t resist to see this two last year stats.

    Harrington ,2.215 yards,77,2 rate and 7 TD/8 Int in 12 games
    Tarvarias Jackson
    ,1.911 yads,70,8 rate and 9/12 in 12 games .

    Seeing this numbers
    Who would you pick? the worst QB in NFL history or TJ?
    :
    :-*
    I wouldn't even consider a QB who has only played one year in the league in that rating.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    IMO #1 should be Ryan Leaf. A #2 draft pick, with all that was expected of him, he has to be one of the biggest QB busts of all time.

    Also, I think Heath Shuler and Cade McNown should be in the top 10.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  5. #5
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    As the author said, this list pulled out people who were bad - but not so bad they did not play.

    Leaf wasn't in the league very long.... or at least playing....etc.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  6. #6
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

    alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been fucked over the past 2 years with different OCs and shitty WRs.

    my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  7. #7
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

    alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been ~messed up~ over the past 2 years with different OCs and poohie WRs.

    my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them
    I think you guys missed the point of the article... there have been worse QBs then Harrington.
    However, those QBs generally got canned quickly so the team could move on to new options.
    Harrington was bad, however he was just barely not bad enough to get canned so the Lions went back to him year after year.
    He walked the lion between sub-par performance and getting canned better and longer than anyone else and therefore negatively affected his team over a longer period of time than anyone else.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  8. #8
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

    alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been ~messed up~ over the past 2 years with different OCs and poohie WRs.

    my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them
    I think you guys missed the point of the article... there have been worse QBs then Harrington.
    However, those QBs generally got canned quickly so the team could move on to new options.
    Harrington was bad, however he was just barely not bad enough to get canned so the Lions went back to him year after year.
    He walked the lion between sub-par performance and getting canned better and longer than anyone else and therefore negatively affected his team over a longer period of time than anyone else.

    Yes, I understand your point. But then the article should have been titled "QB's who hurt their team the most", because there are many QB's who played worse than Harrington.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  9. #9
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

    alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been ~messed up~ over the past 2 years with different OCs and poohie WRs.

    my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them
    I think you guys missed the point of the article... there have been worse QBs then Harrington.
    However, those QBs generally got canned quickly so the team could move on to new options.
    Harrington was bad, however he was just barely not bad enough to get canned so the Lions went back to him year after year.
    He walked the lion between sub-par performance and getting canned better and longer than anyone else and therefore negatively affected his team over a longer period of time than anyone else.
    I would say Tim Couch was comparable to Harrington in that sense, you could say so was Carr.
    All were top 3 draft picks whose teams never had a winning record with them as their starters.
    And all of them were starters on their respective teams for years, killing their chances at getting better every year.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

    I still contend that some of the best stuff in these articles are the lame comments by the readers.....

    TigerinVA:

    But Harrington is the best gay QB in the history of the NFL.

    By the way, Mrs. Harrington, formerly know as Emily Hatten is pretty hot.
    Not sure were this guy gets his info from.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joey Harrington
    By NDVikingFan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 08:36 AM
  2. Joey Harrington chooses Miami
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-13-2006, 01:57 PM
  3. Joey Harrington?
    By sodaknick in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 12:49 PM
  4. Joey Harrington?
    By scottgrahm31 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 05:12 PM
  5. Joey Harrington
    By Ltrey33 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 04:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •