Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

[size=13pt]Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history[/size]

FREE PRESS STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES • June 24, 2008
    freep.com

Chase Stuart of Pro-football-reference.com recently updated his list of the worst NFL quarterbacks of all time. He originally created the list in 2006, but updated it to reflect recent stats.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Joey Harrington rated the worst QB in NFL history

Why doesn´t it surprise he played most of his carrer in the Lions too?
    ;D

On a funny
    note ,I know the article
    is about a carreer bio and Tarvarias only has had one real season of playing time
    and our game is based on the ground,but I couldn´t resist to see this two last year stats.

Harrington ,2.215 yards,77,2 rate and 7 TD/8 Int in 12 games
    Tarvarias Jackson
    ,1.911 yads,70,8 rate and 9/12 in 12 games .

Seeing this numbers
    Who would you pick? the worst QB in NFL history or TJ?
    :
    :-*
    El underdog.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"El" wrote:
    Why doesn´t it surprise he played most of his carrer in the Lions too?
    ;D

On a funny
    note ,I know the article
    is about a carreer bio and Tarvarias only has had one real season of playing time
    and our game is based on the ground,but I couldn´t resist to see this two last year stats.

Harrington ,2.215 yards,77,2 rate and 7 TD/8 Int in 12 games
    Tarvarias Jackson
    ,1.911 yads,70,8 rate and 9/12 in 12 games .

Seeing this numbers
    Who would you pick? the worst QB in NFL history or TJ?
    :
    :-*
    I wouldn't even consider a QB who has only played one year in the league in that rating.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

IMO #1 should be Ryan Leaf. A #2 draft pick, with all that was expected of him, he has to be one of the biggest QB busts of all time.

Also, I think Heath Shuler and Cade McNown should be in the top 10.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

As the author said, this list pulled out people who were bad - but not so bad they did not play.

Leaf wasn't in the league very long.... or at least playing....etc.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been fucked over the past 2 years with different OCs and shitty WRs.

my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont like that list at all, Harrington didnt have that bad of a year last year, and could start a little this year

alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been ~messed up~ over the past 2 years with different OCs and poohie WRs.

my question is, where is tim couch and akili smith on this list, ill take Harrington over both of them
    I think you guys missed the point of the article... there have been worse QBs then Harrington.
    However, those QBs generally got canned quickly so the team could move on to new options.
    Harrington was bad, however he was just barely not bad enough to get canned so the Lions went back to him year after year.
    He walked the lion between sub-par performance and getting canned better and longer than anyone else and therefore negatively affected his team over a longer period of time than anyone else.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

alex smith also doesnt deserve to belong on the list, he has been ~messed up~ over the past 2 years with different OCs and poohie WRs.

I think you guys missed the point of the article... there have been worse QBs then Harrington.
    However, those QBs generally got canned quickly so the team could move on to new options.
    Harrington was bad, however he was just barely not bad enough to get canned so the Lions went back to him year after year.
    He walked the lion between sub-par performance and getting canned better and longer than anyone else and therefore negatively affected his team over a longer period of time than anyone else.

Yes, I understand your point. But then the article should have been titled "QB's who hurt their team the most", because there are many QB's who played worse than Harrington.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

I would say Tim Couch was comparable to Harrington in that sense, you could say so was Carr.
    All were top 3 draft picks whose teams never had a winning record with them as their starters.
    And all of them were starters on their respective teams for years, killing their chances at getting better every year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I still contend that some of the best stuff in these articles are the lame comments by the readers.....

TigerinVA:

But Harrington is the best gay QB in the history of the NFL.

By the way, Mrs. Harrington, formerly know as Emily Hatten is pretty hot.
    Not sure were this guy gets his info from.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast